M&W Pattern Trading

Good luck and keep us updated please

Thank you Treeny! I will.

So you’re looking for M tops and W bottoms for reversals at daily and weekly highs and lows? John Bollinger’s book on Bollinger Bands treats them exhaustively, suggest you take a look. You’re trading H&S patterns as well by saying break of the neck? A failed H&S pattern is a stronger signal as it leads to trapped traders, or one that retest the neckline and holds before continuing, gives a great probability of success.

Since you’re using 15m, try looking at ATR for 15m and ATR for the day (ADR). Don’t aim for the full ADR on just a 15m pattern.

Thank you! The H&S though is a type of M/W Pattern with a stop hunt. I will check that book out. Thanks again!

So I am planning to short GBPJPY according to the analysis below. Expecting a pop up to the high in London, then fall.

Also I am planning to short GBPNZD according to the analysis below. Expecting a pop up to the high in London, then fall.

UK is on Spring Bank Holiday. Just a reminder. Weird things happen sometimes. US is also on holiday.

Stop at -2pips going back to bed.

Second position added at 139.491. Stops now at breakeven on 1st and -8.5 on second. See where its at pre-us.

I actually looked at GBPJPY because of your post. Fit some parameters I use. Went in four 0.20 lot shorts. Made $127. I’m fine with making just that, didn’t take too long. Thanks for the heads up. If I ever see you I owe you a beer.

1 Like

Awesome Gilas Trading! Just woke up and about to take profit

Just took profit for +87.5pips, anticipating a pullback. Going back to bed and ill see what NY has in store.

Tp had I only slept for a wee bit more.

Long GBPCAD MW, one position awaiting additional confirmation. Also watching GU AND GJ.

Possible setup on GBPUSD

Possible setup on GBPJPY.

Stopped out -21 pips. Learning not to pre-empt. Confirmations are key

Long trade confirmed. Will add to positions as allowed.

Seems to me like you were frustrated because you didn’t get the full move, “only” 87 pips. Might have been my fault partly for telling you I closed early. Sorry. Always think profit is profit my friend. We can never really enter at the high and get out on the low all the time.

GBPNZD analysis and trade. Mini W within larger W