MACD Scalping Strategy

A great set up missed. I stepped away from the monitor and this trade set up. I posted it because it is an excellent example of this strategy and how it has morphed into a hybrid. The strategy combines the cross of the 7 ema with the Ichimoku Kumo Cloud and the Kijun line. The use of part of the Ichimoku charts was copied from The Ichimoku KISS Concept! - InformedTrades

The Kumo has eliminated the MACD.

For a long trade I want to see a cross above the 7 EMA, candlesticks above the Kijun line and the price action above the Kumo Cloud.

Ten minute chart.
Candle sticks crossed above 7 ema.
Above Kumo Cloud
Above Kijun

ohh gotcha, ya i was getting confused on the strategy. nice hit, i’ll have to keep an eye out for setups

Thanks for these information! Im a scalping lover xDD

Last night I was only one win and two losses. Net loss of -10 pips. I pulled the trigger too soon.

This am I went to a 30 minute chart and picked up 20 pips on a long.

short trade in progress

Trade completed
Plus 7 pips

ATR Bars
Long
9 pip gain

Long trade in progress
GBP/JPY

Lost -11 pips

EUR/USD
Long
20 pips profit
4 hour chart

Current trade set up. Not triggered yet.
Hour time frame
Above Kumo Cloud
Not crossed 7ema, light blue, but will trigger when crosses.
Tenkan crossed Kijun.

12 pip winner!
I had adjusted the target and I’m glad I did. It has now retraced. Now it could well continue up but I’m glad I picked up 12 pips.

I have shifted one hour and 4 hour charts with better results. Note that along with the Ichimoki chart the 7ema is very useful. A cross below and then above. Then with the Ichimoku positive signs.

I would appreciate any comments on this method, include critical feedback. I study Chaos Trader 63 on youtube for the Ichimoku strategy and have added the 7 ema.

current long trade

Lost trade
-15 pips

Nipped out with a swing down, eur/jpy now return to long and nearing original target.

Dear Greg,

Just looked into this topic and see you shifted to using the Kumo Cloud. Do you plan on keeping this topic open or start a new one?

Greetings,
Pipfisher

PipFisher,

Sure if there is interest. Fell free to share your charts.

Greg

Pipfisher,
short
EUR/USD
15 pips

Kumo Cloud rules!

Pipfisher
Are you interested in more. So far there ins’t much interest.

Thanks,
Greg

AUD/JPY

Price bars short on one hour time frame and below Kumo Cloud. I enter short on pullback still below Kumo. My target was within recent range. I like to see higher time frames consistent with lower time frames which I use for entry. The highest time frame that was short was the two hour, although the price bars were in the Kumo cloud.

short
15 minute
11 pips

Very interesting.
I’ll try from tomorrow, youtube version first, 5 min charts, demo.
Happy pips!

gynexx

This system is fine.

Seems easy enough.

How is your trades going with this?

Winning trades to losing trades?

looks really nice^^