Macfibo ea

Earquake, maybe for the moment, if your EA works at the moment, keep it as your V1.00 and then build upon it.

I would say keep it simple, avoid any unnessary features until your clear this EA works 100% how you want and hits the profit margin!

It sounds like it already does though.

Well done.

Helo,

I am studying Your Macfibo strategy and I am not sure about finding point B.

should I look for him between the last and penultimate intersection of curves SMA20 and EMA5?

I am trying to write simple EA for Your system.
thank you for your good job mr Sufiansaid.

Ok, I have found answer on above question.
But I have next one about Exit from losing position.
Have I wait for close Bar or close during curent bar when curves SMA8 and EMA5 crosing?

That is a basic question, read the guide one more time before write the EA to avoid simple mistakes in your EA. The ans to your question, YES, after close…

Hi how are you getting on with the EA, is it coming together?

Hi,

I have made first version which is making opening transactions on Main Signal. second Signal will be in days.
Real problem is when I try to program Exit when position is profitable. now I have no Idea how can I make it for any profit. Fibo 168 is sometimes to low level, but sometimes is never accessed. It is good for manual, for EA it is very dificult.

What about only taking trades only in the direction of the daily trend? Or just use the EA for scalping a few pips each time?

I’d be willing to put it through different scenarios, i can leave it running on my pc 24/7 if that helps and analyse the results?

Or maybe the guys in the main macfibo thread might be able to help to identify the best times for exit?

There is atachement with EA, you can see how it works.
it is apha not profitable version :wink:

No problem, im used to alpha testing :slight_smile: Good think you said that otherwise people might get the wrong idea.

On a side notes Tluszofil, if you can code EA’s i have a strategy and an EA which needs modification to make it profitable. If your interested in helping can you PM me and i’ll send you the details.

I just want to keep this thread clear for the macfibo EA discussion only :slight_smile:

Thanks

Guys,
I am almost done with EA. On 1yr back test, it’s not so good.
Have modified the indicator as well. Will share both very soon.

Tluszofil your EA is running nicely, so far today one trade with the main sell trade of EUR/USD - 1 Hour chart, at the moment +3 pips

Im just going to let it run rather than closing it out, but i am happy a few pips profit :slight_smile:

Only change i made with using 0.01 lots instead of the default 0.1

Otherwise going nicely, will let you know how it goes :slight_smile:

What I would really love is a working Macfibo 5x8 Exit EA… has anyone manage to code it?

I have updated the indicator and link to updated indicator is available on my blog here. Many ppl have complaint that indicator looks in future. Though its not the case, but still i have modified the bar placement.
I done below changes:

1. Done bar adjustment. Now it looks at 2 previous bars for trend determination.
  2. Alert added.
    Hope you guys like it, say in comments…

It already in sufiansaid. I have submitted my ea code on mql4 and its awaiting moderation review. Once its done, will post it here with some results.

Thanks Dineshydv, will be interesting to give your EA a try. If you don’t mind me asking, how have you found its performance so far, is there anything in particular you want us to monitor (in the EA’s action), so we can report it to you, such as bugs, improvements etc?

Thanks

Hi tluszcxofil, after I loaded your EA, it crashed my MT4 terminal. Would you know why it happened like that?

When I backtested it from Jan-12, I jumped off my seat. It was very much profitable and I though of having found a holy-grail for a moment. And then I tested from Jan-11 and then 2years, and came down to earth. It was hardly breakeven in long term. Code will be available soon - mql4.com takes 2-3 days to publish after submitting…
Need to know how sufiansaid is in profit…?? What other filter criteria he is using.?? No news trading.?? I believe need to include over brought/sold filter to skip bad trades…

I doubt an EA can replicate the system’s entire mechanism (entries, exits, filters)… so your result doesn’t surprise me. Rather than answering your question (bolded in quote), I much rather you (and future coders) ask yourself whether your code/EA does how I would do it manually… it is not a criticism because I have to be honest, though I appreciate your work in writing a full Macfibo system EA, I am not really concern on the system’s EA developement as I already refuse to take responsibility of the performance of Macfibo EA, profitable or not.

This is one of the disadvantages in relying on an EA to do your backtest, you will never be sure if the EA could work. I mean, how would you know there is a semantic error in between the test trades that MT4 doesn’t tell the users? I don’t know… good luck with the EA writing. I am aware that I will not be able to stop from people judge how good/bad Macfibo system is through EA generated performance statistics… but I do hope people can see the logic that hardwork is necessary to be successful… and taking shortcuts is not necessarily good especially in trading… Manual Backtesting is boring, repetitive and takes a lot of time… but if some not prepared to do this then might as well just ask a fund manager to trade for you… How I trade Macfibo is all written and documented at ver 1.2… I thought you read the document and understood it before you begin coding no?..

No hard feeling bro…I am not expert like you on MACFibo. Might be I have missed out something. Lets see how we can make it more better…Currently EA takes care of below things:
When 5EMA crosses 20SMA down then draw 2 points as below: (Opposite for sell trade)
POINT A; Candle close price that confirmed the downside crossover
POINT B: highest price of the current wave prior to the crossover,
TP: 161.8 fibo level or yesterday’s high (whichever is nearer).(minimum 10pips)
SL: maximum 38.2 (minimum @ 78.6) based on your risk appetite. (maximum 50pips)
No trading after 16GMT.

EA takes on every trade which you might reject in manual trading. e.g. If POINT A & B happens to be in same bar, then don’t trade, no high risk (NFP) news trading etc. Many times, 2,3 trades emerges quickly (within 7/8 bars ) which results in loss.
So far I have tested only on EURUSD. BTW what you do in below cases:

1. If POINT A & B are on same bar…
  2. POINT A & B are just 1 bars apart…
  3. POINT A & B are too close in pips…
  4. One trade is still active (and SL, TP, 5X8 yet to happen) but opposite pattern emerges. (I have seen this happening many times).
  5. POINT A or B are on a news spike bar(lets say bar is more than 50/60 pips)
  6. Pattern emerges in a very dull session (sometimes Asian session) and range of previous 5/6 bars is just 20/25 pips…

Lets see how we can make it more better… Will reply once the code is available.

hurry…EA code is available on mql4 website for all to download and test. I have updated it on my blog with 2 back test results link here. Input parameters are self descriptive and have added comments in code for better understandability.
The EA in current form is not profitable in long term so trade on real account at your own risk. May be I have missed out something - need to discuss with sufiansaid on this.

Test it out and suggest any modification. If you happen to do any modification on your own and it turns out profitable, then please do share it.