Macfibo system

apfrezza, wait after the candle is closed then enter. I think the rules say not to enter after london close. For a copy of the rules, please refer to the manual in post #1.

I know…I know…and indeed I was very happy I wait for the confirmation…otherwise I would have faced my first bad trade using (or maybe bad-using) this system.
I also was ignoring the rule of not trading during the US only session.
The point is that I wanted to start a trade because during the night I have difficulties starting a trade and during the day no main signal was generated…and so I was very close to make the classic error for a newbie…Trade just for…
No.

I started in Jan 1994 and have done two years so far.
As you would expect you dont get many signals on the daily time frame and I dont think I will be trading it. Partly because the results aren’t that good but also you say you use a very modified version to trade the daily charts.
I think I would be better off testing the hourly charts when I get some time.

I see. I had no idea you were testing daily charts.

Meeting me? Are you from Brunei?

I thought I would start learning to be disciplined with manual backtesting with the daily time frame because the lack of signals would mean it wouldnt take very long. I was wrong, it is very boring.
At least I have a system of manual testing now, and some spreadsheets to calculate some of the statistics.

Fantastic!!..Let me know if you need help or something.

MACFIBO SYSTEM UPDATE 9/5/2012

Trade # 118

I am quite pleased with this trade eventhough price unable to hit 1.618 but MA cross exit triggered and still got me more or less a positive pips. Better than a loss for sure.

Trade # 119

Pretty straightforward trade. Sell signal triggered and it hit 1.618. Harvested nice positive pips. I am happy. :smiley: Secondary signal triggered but I ignored that one… well because I was still sleeping as well but also it happened when Asian market yet to open. So no trade.

MACFIBO SYSTEM STATISTICS (Updated 09/05/2012)

[B]Avg Win : 31.3
Avg Loss : 20.8
Net Pips : 1646 pips
Winning Percentage : 66.4%

LAST 5 TRADES FORM : WLWWW (Total Pips : 56 pips)
LAST 10 TRADES FORM : WLWWLWLWWW (Total Pips : 84 pips)[/B]

PDF ATTACHED FIRST PAGE**

Interesting situation in USDJPY. There is a valid sell sign at 05.00 GMT, but the very close pivot 79,700 is a strong resistance since a week. Can JPY cross it or not? Anyway I did not enter this trade.

The chart answered the question: Macfibo was stronger then the pivot. Trust Mcfibo! Sorry that I did not enter.

Sufian, question about your spreadsheet, how do you calculate the RUN? I assume you’re using excel. I’m trying to figure out a formula for making that work. Or do you just add it manually?

Disregard what I mentioned in version 1.0 to take note ‘pivots’. Do not worry about daily, weekly and monthly pivot. The S/R Lines that you should take note is previous days and week’s highest and lowest price. I do understand pivots does stop price from going but so does other levels and other different pivots with different formulas… lets keep it simple. If you want to add pivots as filters alongside with S/R lines, I can tell you now that you will always get contradicting signals and you will experience ‘trading mental block’… adding too many different potential S/R is as confusing like adding too many additional indicators. Keep it up buddy.

‘Trust Macfibo’… thats a phrase i don’t hear everyday hehehehe… yes, trust the system you use (even it is not Macfibo)… but only trust it after you backtest it over hundreds of test trades.

Yes I use excel, the RUN for wins and losses unfortunately I do it manually, I find it hard to ‘code it’ to make it automatic. Everything else is automatically calculated, except for that one. So I just SUM all the wins until the winning run ends… Oh the average winning run and average losing run was calculated automatically… I mean that’s pretty straightforward.

You know what I’d love to see happen (apart from traders, old and new, harvested positive pips every month), is to see your backtesting/trading log or test trade results in a form of table or spreadsheet or something. I know there are silent observers for this thread and who already trading the system and still testing the system, and the not-so-silent readers (you guys are awesome too eheh) who publicly stated they’ve tested and traded the system.

I would love to see how you all are doing week in and week out. I know there are successful and failed Macfibo signals across the board everyday but I would love to know how you guys are doing with it… Are you profitable in you ‘demo’ trading? Are you losing money in live trading? Are you looking at good or bad stats in your manual backtesting? Let me know… I am here not just to post System updates hehehe… I am here to help.

Kaaa-Mehaa-Mehaa…! :61:

Anyone have a crystal ball? Need to know what the monthly ECB report will hold this morning, hehe…

Hi! I have some question about the crossing of the moving average.

Sometime is not clear when to start the trade because we should wait to the close of the candle after the cross. But what for the cross of yellow and red moving average? Should we wait also in this case for the close of the candle or should we close immediately?

Today…it seems the system is not working…I have one loss and probably another one in a few minutes…on eur/usd 1hr

yes. a win in the morning a loss now. eurusd seems to be indecisive, no trend today

Sufian, maybe because people trusted you so they might think there is no need to backtest since you have shown us the proof. What do you think? :slight_smile:

What do you mean it’s not clear? Enter the market as soon as you have a closed candle confirming your signal. Yes, you should always wait for a candle close, because a cross is not a cross until the candle is closed over the crossed indicators:)