Macfibo system

I have another question.
If 5ema crosses from top the 20sma and we won a trade…then we should look to secondary signal. But, my question is: should we look only for short trades or also for long in case 5ema crosses from below the 8 sma?

First of all,
If price above 20sma, look for buy signal only.
If price below 20sma, look for sell signal only.

Second of all,
read the ver 1.2 guide.

All of this are basic and fundamental question, all covered in the guide document. Happy trading.

Hope you managed to take this trade in the end. I got on it this morning and took a swift and tidy 20+ pips.

Ok get this. I take this trade and start getting sketched out because when the 5X20 happened, the 5EMA was still under the 8SMA. I didn’t know if this qualified as a correct entry and so being over paranoid, I exited last night for a 7 PIP loss. I now know that that was a mistake. :’( Oh well. Live and learn. I then entered a long trade for a 20 PIP gain this morning on the GBPUSD. So overall my screw up didn’t cost me too much.

For Macfibo Main Signal, you do not need to worry about 5ema’s positioning with 8sma, except for exit triggers. It was a valid signal. Try to follow the rules next time buddy (assuming you exited the trade based on ‘gut feeling’ and entering the long trade based on ‘gut feeling’). It is understandable to be anxious, nervous, fearful etc etc… gain experience from manual backtesting on top of forward testing.

Very nice.

[B]Incase some of you are wondering why I haven’t been posting System Updates. I am working on two things :

1. Compile some questions asked in the forum and documented it into MACFIBO FAQ
  2. Writing a guide : MANUAL BACKTESTING MACFIBO SYSTEM

So do forgive me for the lack of System update but I will definitely will check the forum everyday and answer questions and comment anything needs to be commented. Keep reading, posting and testing macfibo system. Cheers.[/B]

Greetings Sufian,

I’ve read over this entire thread over the past few days and I’ve begun manually backtesting MacFibo. The system and your statistics look fantastic!

I have one question. For charts/brokers that use 5 digit pricing, do you use pipettes to determine if a cross has occurred or do you wait for it to cross by a full pip?

Thanks,

Nick

Tyranno,

I believe that the deciding factor for the cross is whether or not the candle stick where the cross is occurring is Closed. So as far as the number of decimal places goes, it shouldn’t matter so long as the candle closes. (More knowledgeable forum participants feel free to correct me if I am incorrect). I hope this helps!

Kyle

Cross by a full pip.

Pretty advanced analysis there. Good read that.

What is VSA please?

Bro Sufian, a question.
When exactly should we close the position if there is a 5x8?
In the very moment of the crossing or we should waite until the close of the candle in which the cross happened? I ask it because I get an alarm if 5x8, but when I reach my PC after some minutes the situation often changes and there is no crossing anymore. Then there is a hesitation to close or not to close. What is your experiance and advice?

Volume spread analysis

Wait for the candle close to confirm the crosses of any indicators

Sufiansaid for H1-H4 the setting of macfibo are the same?

I would love someone is online now to answer my question.
In this exact moment (14:37 16 May 2012 Rome time) it seems that is happening a cross for 5ema and 20sma on eur/usd.
Should we try the buy…or perhaps is a little bit too risky buying euro nowadays? The 161,8 would be quite far (almost 50 pips…). Now is almost one day without trading for me and so I’m a little bit hungry…Anyway I still must wait for 23 minutes now…and euro is growing…

I guess the idea is to WAIT for the cross, and the confirmation is NOW!

I also got in on this EURUSD 5x20 cross. TP is 1.2786 and SL is 1.2706. I also am shooting for the 261.8 fib extension at 1.2852 with 25% of my position.

I’m also only using a demo account too, Johnny. I probably won’t trade with real money for at least six months.

On the news side, it looks like the FOMC meeting minutes will be out in about 3 hours.

And I was typing this, the trade went south very quickly. Oh well, time to look for the next one.