Macfibo system

That’s it!!!

Second Stop Loss of the day!

Buddy,

OANDA is an MM broker and it is confirmed that they hunt stops (I have caught them once myself and was told that since they are a MM their data is different…aha…nicely said…). So, yes their feed differs a lot of times… I had a demo with them but moved away… Looking for a good broker myself that is not a MM… MM’s do not like profitable traders… Just my 5 c

The above post was addressed to johnnyfx91 who tested with OANDA

that makes sense now, the other threads im on also complain about OANDA

Overnight there were MacFibo signals on UsdCad, EurUsd, GbpUsd, UsdChf & UsdJpy
All of these hit the 161% target

This morning in London session they were more signals which I didnt take but are still going

Hi Sufian, Ref. attachment 22383 below. If Fib retracement is drawn in downward direction, 0% is shown at the bottom and 100% is shown in the top. So 161.8% is shown on the top side of the drawing.
It does not work the way you have shown here. I have tried all options but have failed in drawing fib lines as per your drawing shown below. If fib lines are drawn either from top to bottom or bottom to top in the SHORT direction, 100% is on top and 0% is at the bottom.
If fib lines are drawn either way on upward (LONG) direction it is the other way around. Can you suggest a solution for this?

Do we ignore the main signal if it passes the resistance or support line?

edit; What I meant is what if the main signal is above or below the support/resistance?

Hi Kevin

I cannot see the attachment you refer to. I use MT4 as platform. When using the Fib retracement tool the first point clicked always responds to the 100% level on my platform. If dragged from top to bottom, the 0% level would then be below my initial point. When dragged from bottom to top, the 0% lvl is always above the 100% level. Hope this helps.

Hi elephant

I would suggest reading the pdf again and going through the thread to see the posts on SR lvls. Do manual backtests and make notes of your findings regarding this specific topic (along with any other particulars you might pick up). Posting a chart with the setup would also be helpful to others in helping you with your question(s). Personally I would take into account the day’s range, the average daily range, other SR points, PA etc. I have not yet made any notes regarding this specific question and as such I would take it (provided that I do not break my other rules). Please note I am not trading this live and I am still backtesting - my rules/opinion may change with regards to this over time.

I am forward testing this approach on a demo account. I coulnd’t find it in the thread (I am lazy) nor is it in the pdf. I have seen 2 or 3 of these. We will see in a couple of hours what will happen ;]

May be that is the problem. I do not use MT 4 platform. I use the Daily FX chart. It does not work the way you have mentioned here. I have to look for a better chart now!

If Buy main/secondary signal occurs about Resistance, then it is OK.
If Sell main/secondary signal occurs below Support, then it is OK.

Sorry for the LONG absence/silence. I lurked once in a while but decided it is not the best time for me to post again. I can’t share what have happened in the last few months, but I am back (ish) now, perhaps able to reply questions, not as often as I’d hope, but will try.

I think i’ve read somewhere in the thread suggesting that I am on the beach somewhere playing with my kids, well that actually happened but got nothing to do with how well or how bad I do with trading, and not at all the reason I decided to ‘abandon’ this thread… funny post :D. Anyway…

Allow me to say Hello… again.

I am here… but will not be as ‘active’ as I was before. Surely I still trade, but I might have a little bit more difficulties posting System updates (I might in rare occassions) etc. Post any questions I will do my best to answer it.

Can I apply this macfibo on daily chart too?

If you referring to trade Macfibo on D1, I think I have covered this before but since I haven’t been here for many months, I’ll just explain again. Firstly, I never trade Macfibo D1 the way I trade Macfibo on H1 and H4. I do however some essence of Macfibo on D1 as a ‘gauge’ or ‘trend determiner’, almost similar like you trade only if H1, H4 and D1 agrees with ONE direction but not exactly like that.

hey sufian nice to no ur back
i have been trying to learn to trade since last 8-10 mths urs was the first trade system i used nd helped me to learn more
i do hope to keep on reading ur posts nd any more nu version u might come up with

Hello SufianSaid where art thou
I really love ur trading system
but i would really love the setting for the daily trading
i dont like trading short time
TNX Sufian

“Daily” Trading (I assume you meant using the D1 timeframe) for Macfibo is a different whole topic.

Thanks for reading the thread. How is your Macfibo trading so far?

MACFIBO PERFORMANCE UPDATE

Please find attached the Updated Macfibo Performance Statistics as of 12/8/2012Macfibo_1282012.pdf (205 KB)

I’d like to make short review how Macfibo have fared so far this year. The last time I made any updates on the system, Macfibo was not having the best of times. April 2012, the system only able to harvest 168 pips. Thats like almost 50% less than how the system performed in March 2012 and more than 50% than how it performed in January 2012 and February 2012. Doubts began to surface among Macfibo testers and traders alike.

May 2012, the system picked up again and harvested 271 pips and June 2012 continued the good form of 295 pips. At the end of July, the system harvested 253 pips, 42 pips less than June 2012 harvest. As of today, Macfibo have already harvested 106 net pips.

If you use Jan-March as a benchmark on how the system SHOULD perform, than it is not a surprise if you feel Macfibo have underachieved. If you are looking for a 1000-pip per month system… hell, this isn’t a system for you. Three important things for me :

1. So far this year, Macfibo system haven’t had a RED month and yet to fail to reach 150 pip mark, which for me in my opinion, is good enough for me (I do not trade to become a millionaire, just enough to get my ends meet every month and have stable ‘savings machine’).

2. In the time of Macfibo having a bad run (consecutive losses), it has yet to reach total loss of 100 pips. That is very important for me as I want to trade a system that can almost guarantee me not to LOSE 50% of my account after 10 consecutive losses

3. The win/loss ratio is still more than 60%, avg win still ‘outweighs’ the avg loss and the biggest loss so far this year yet to reach 90 pips.

This post is not exactly to ‘defend’ my system but I’d like to re-iterate that this system IS NOT the holy grail, this system will not suit everyone else, everyone will interpret each Macfibo signal differently (no matter how ‘objective’ and ‘simple’ it is) hence my trading result may vary from others and lastly, this system isn’t for those who wants to make 500-1000 pips every month. This is for traders, who are like me, trade just to have extra $$$ on the sideline and have % of the trading money into savings.

p/s : I am not associated with several MAcfibo EAs that are spreading around the net. I am not and will not be responsible for any losses or profits generated from ANY Macfibo EA.

God Bless.