Macfibo system

Hi Baron with your backtest on september results. Did you put a specific SL on the Main signal? Which SL did you set at 38.2 or 50 or 61.8 or 78.6 for Main and for Secondary Signal did you set at 1:1 Risk? and did you exit when 5x8 MA? It would be nice to include how you exit in your backtest result. Thanks.

Hi immvp,

i always used 78.6 sl on main signals, for secondary ones i generally used somewhere close to previous fib around 1:2 besides always out on ma crosses on secondary and main signals. 1:1 on secondary signals seemed lot to on some of them regarding my risk tolerance so i did as i said. I exited 5x8 ma each time after closed candle but i am planning to use an ea for that and to get out as soon as 5x8 cross occurs seems more safe.

By the way i already finished 10 months of manual backtest right now. 1 month left for this year. I did my best to have worse results since i am not perfectly familiar with system and i tried to act how would i act if its happening in real time. So far whatever i do, i didn’t get a month below 200 pips. I even had the most dodgy unclear trades which i wouldn’t normally do and also recorded these. Hopefully i will add all 11 months of my backtest result in few hours after this message.

For secondary signal, you did not TP at Daily/Weekly High/Low instead you just ride with the trend until 5x8 ma?

i tpd recent highs lows on fib levels didn’t ride the trend, will try that also i finished my backtests will put them soon

Here we go finished 11 months, i was seeing charts in my dreams finished all in 3 days, i can’t even write more :56:

This looks really promising, I wonder why didn’t I know about this earlier.

Just curious, what happened here ? Seems like everything was going very well and all the discussions stopped all of a sudden. Something went terribly wrong ? Anything us new comers should know about ? Or has everyone moved to a new thread ? Someone, please let me know… I’m very interested in knowing how it turned out for y’all…

SufianSaid, if you’re still visiting this forum, I’d love to hear from you as well. I’d like to know where it all went sour, if at all it did. From what I read, your strategy sounds very simple, yet very powerful. Or maybe there’s something that you guys have seen, that I haven’t seen yet. Your inputs will be extremely valuable for me… Thank you… Will be waiting to hear from you…

I’ve been using this on a few different pairs. I’m a newb and still get frustrated when it “appears” it’s not going my way and make emotional decisions. When I’m being methodical and patient, this has been a pretty accurate system. One of the keys I’ve found recently is to really pay attention to support and resistance. Also, look at the really big picture. Some of the pairs have big triangles forming. When you see those, make sure your TP points aren’t beyond the resistance or support lines. I usually put my TP before that line.

Like everyone says, work it on a practice account and see what you think.

I’d like to know as well. This system looks interesting enough. Maybe everyone blew up their accounts?

im also waiting for Sufian but I"ve got no update what so ever from him

I am also really interested in all those answers!

I have tried it myself, but I am still unsure about many details…

Thank you for your valuable feedback, Ngergoo.

Seems like you’re in the same boat as mine. When I paper-trade, it all looks golden. I did not forward trade it for as long as you did though, and that is why I needed everyone else’s feedback and see what their experiences have been.

As far as using an EA is concerned, I wouldn’t rely on an EA as much. You can never replace the power of a human brain and the ability to take impromptu decisions, by an EA.

Also, I don’t know Sufian personally, but I wouldn’t say he disappeared all of a sudden. From what I’ve read and seen, he seems to be a really genuine guy. There might be some other reason why he stopped visiting this thread. Maybe too many people started suspecting his actions / intentions, I dunno. I would do the same thing if too many people start asking weird questions and too many people start blaming me. You just can’t please them all…

Nevertheless, Sufian, if you’re still reading, please know that I personally still have a lot of faith in you and your system. For some reason I have a feeling that you might have come up with some modifications to your system, which you’re currently testing - and maybe you’ll share those with us one day… I know I’ll be waiting… :slight_smile:

Im in same position as you, but I could wonder maybe that since Sofian is in diferent time zone Asia while Im in Europe time zone… I could not determine it. Anyway his first signal is ok but most of the time im too late becUSE OF WORKING. THANKS::

Ouch. Sorry to hear about blowing up. Seems as if you did everything correctly.

edit: Interestingly, Sufian’s last post was back in Sept, so perhaps he went through the same thing?

I’ve found that the S/R lines are really important. I’ve also found that many times the 1.272 fib level is the TP level. In what I’ve done the past couple months (my first two months of live trading), the trades i’ve entered only hit 1.618 maybe 20-30% of the time. So, I’d plan on taking profits at 1.272 unless there’s a major resistance line before that. If that’s the case and the R line won’t even net 10 pips, I don’t take the trade. I’m okay with less than 1.272 as long as I’m getting a min of 10 pips. That will vary from pair to pair. Right now I’m using this on the majors as well as some of the NZ pairs and AUD/USD.

Yes True, Almost all TP is at 1.272 and seldom reach 1.618. Anyway thats life.

I don’t really look at daily h/l. I look mostly for a trend. for example, right now I’m trading the gbp/nzd and eur/nzd. on the eur/nzd there was resistance right around the 1.6050 mark and now on the 1 hour chart it’s become support. So, I look at the daily charts and find key areas, zoom in to 4 hour and then see what the 1 hour does and make sure when I enter trades I have enough room.

I also look to see if it’s in a trend or ranging. I think the MA’s are great for the first indicator, but it’s important to look at the other aspects before jumping in.

Greetings everyone…

I won’t even dare myself to apologise and try to explain my long absence (since September apparently) just to provoke anger from Macfibo… so I’ll just post away…

I’ll just respond the last 10-15 posts that I think needs responding.

[B]To those who attempted to compare their own backtest results with my backtest reports and found dissimilarities in results[/B]

There could be several things due to this :

a) Misunderstanding towards some of the trading rules, most common rules that are misunderstood are market time and S/R Lines

b) Mistakes from my side

Since I highly doubt that you would misunderstood the system because it is very simple so I though it could be my mistake. So i re-check again my backtest/trade result report and I found out that I accidentally mixed trade results between ver 1.0 and the latest version published. That could be the cause of unexpected weird results of your trade results with mine. For that I apologise. I never claim I was perfect… immune from mistakes… so I hope you guys can accept that from my part.

However… most of the trade results that I published were based on the following trade parameters :

main signals+secondary signals taken during Asian, Asian+London, London, London+US sessions only
S/R Lines are based on previous day’s high and lows only
If 1.618 is blocked by previous day’s high and low, i TP at 127.2
if not, TP at 1.618

I never tried to ‘sell’ my system hence I see no point to hide any mistakes or weaknesses of this system… or even trying my best to prove to you that my system really is “60% winning system” as my trade reports consistently suggest. Correct me I am wrong but not once did I ever boasted in this thread saying I am the best trader and Macfibo is the bomb or holy grail so I hope I am not ever being accused of that in the last 3-4 pages that I don’t even dare check.

So anyway… I did make mistakes in my trading report but allow me to say that I never had an account blowing losing streak in any month since I started trading Macfibo. But it’s not down to Macfibo… it’s down to my strict money management rule… (which ironically… half of that rule already set in my Macfibo exit strategy)

[B]Did I blow my account in September hence my disappearance?[/B]

Even if I did blow my account, why would I be ashamed of it? Because I am the creator of the system? :32: I never said my system is perfect and prone to choppy markets… it’s a trend following MA crossover system after all… hence I developed a way (filter) to minimize those choppiness by a) not taking any signals in US-only session b) if S/R lines blocking TP levels (mostly happen in thin range markets anyway). Is my filterr the best to solve false crossovers? Ofcourse not… what should be your next worry during choppy markets are to manage your losses… don’t even start to wonder when will be your next 2-3 winning run going to be… manage the ‘now’ first.

So did i blow my account? Nope I did not… Did I have a good month in September? Nope… it was not a good month but its not something to lose sleep on. It’s a business after all… you win some month… you lose some month.

[B]Am I returning for good and not to dissapear again for the nth time??[/B]

Honestly guys… when I published the system… I was in a phase where I want to post and blog. My latest dissapearance was due to my passion for ‘blogging and writing’ completely faded away. However… my passion for helping new traders and trading itself never gone. So I am here now and then… I must admit… its very unlikely for me to publish any of my trader reports and backtest results because honestly I rather spend my 10-15 minutes of my time playing with my newborn baby or make trading plans for my EURUSD, GBPJPY, GOLD and some other trading instruements. Peace.

p/s : I would love to update the trade rules (deleting the ones that causes confusion but somehow the admiin blocking my access to remove the pdf at the main page… ???)

[U][B]On S/R Lines[/B][/U]

Disregard everything I’ve said on S/R Lines except the following :

[B]Just use previous days’ high and low as your S/R Line. PERIOD.[/B]
[B]If 1.618 is blocked by these lines, TP at these lines but preferably at 127.2[/B]
[B]If these lines blocked even 127.2, better not trade and have ice-cream instead[/B]

[U][B]Market Session[/B][/U]

Though I make mistakes in my trade reports, but one thing still stands. The different winning probability for each market sessions. I highly recommend trade during London Open only as most wins comes from these session (I challenge you to backtest this and tell me I am wrong) though I endorse trading during Asian Session up until London Close… I will never endorse trading during US-Only Session.

[U][B]Stop Loss[/B][/U]

[B]Just set at 38.2. PERIOD.[/B]