Mad Scalper

At active times, pretty often. Often enough for me to skip an entry or two, if its not clean, and still get a few nice trades per session. Market is very dynamic, anywhere from 2 to 6 trades per session I would say, just watching those pairs.

I took one small +12 pip long on eu during Aisa. Draw down was only 1 pip.

Looking for a setup again nowā€¦my usual time.
If you look at the higher time frames above our 5min, youā€™ll see a nice slant up on gu and eu. It makes me more confident in longs today, unless it changes.

Iā€™m in this eu long at 1.5062. SL is 20 pips. EMA slants are not great, but they are upā€¦all other conditions confirmed.

Target is murry math resistance (grey line), or at least I will Lock in break even there, incase it bounces down off resistance. I could also take partial profit there.

lets see what we getā€¦

I took half profit on that EU when it got close to the resistance line, at +10. Then I put a 3 pip stop loss on the rest to give it a bit of room, but still come out with profit no matter whatā€¦and it was hit.

Of course I wanted more pips on that, but you see the importantce of support resistance levels, and how you need to manage the trade around them.

The draw down was only about 3 pips.

how do u use yellow and sky blue thin lines (EMAs i think). i cant understand their function.

They have no function, they are part of the shaded indicator that I customized. I need to get into the code and remove them but Iā€™m no an expert at that. If someone here can do it, it would be appreciated.

When is the best time to trade this system? 11 pm to 1 am PST? And do you only enter immediately after the close of a candle? Does it matter in what order the signals appear (i.e. cross of 0 happening before or after the switch from red to blue)? Do you only trade if the green bars are at least 50% to the top? How long should the trades be held for? If it doesnā€™t reach your take profit or stop loss after a certain period of time will you close the trade?

Time really depends on how the morket is moving. If the trade is going nowhere for lets say 45 mins, that means the EMAS are probably going flat, and yes, I would exit.

Yes, I meant the green volume bars. Should they be a certain length before taking a trade ? And isnā€™t 1 AM EST to 2AM EST still the Asia session?

Yes, but things usually start to pick up around that time. At least I am there to watch, doesnt mean I am entering anything till i see a good setup, and volume starting to pick up again.

EU, GU starting to moveā€¦Letā€™s see if we get a nice clean setup. :slight_smile:

Morning Pete (well here anyway!)

Just wanted to give you a nod, I took my first successful trade yesterday on GU using your system. Thanks!

Iā€™ve been spending a long while learning Forex and am having spent some time on here looking at all the systems and have finally settled on a blend of R Carterā€™s BB/MAā€™s system (still fully understanding though), Tymenā€™s excellent candlestick method and now the final piece in the jigsaw is your method. I think with good MM and a combo of these three methods, thereā€™s a real winning formula there.

I would advise any newbie to go for yours first though. Everything you need is in the file, itā€™s a doddle to understand and takes a lot of the guesswork out of trading which is really what a lot of new starters are after. Ok, it may not work forever but on back testing, it seems goof for now.

Look forward to hopefully taking more trades alongside you!

Awesome! I havenā€™t check out those other systems, but now that you mention it Iā€™ll take a look (you obviously have good taste, lol).

I have settled on this method, along with VSA, and getting good steady results. This template is really good at getting your bearings on where you are while scalping, like you said takes the guess work out.

I noticed your other thread, iā€™ll have a good read of that today but iā€™m loath to introduce any more complication to it all - my head may explode!

Missed the early action this morning which is a bit of a bummer, looks like there were good pips to be had on both pairs.

Yeah I have that VSA thread also, but really, dont overload yourselfā€¦keep focused.

Honestly I took 2 small losses during Aisaā€¦eventhough I know Aisa may not give a trade, I kinda forced itā€¦I still do thatā€¦just way less then I used to, lol. Disclipine!!

BUT, good news is I learned my lesson, and traded only good setups for London and Iā€™m in profit for the day now. :slight_smile:

Good news!

Learning to be patient is a biggy! Iā€™m getting to grips with it now and accepting the fact that if thereā€™s nothing to trade, thereā€™s nothing to trade.

Iā€™ve just missed my second chance of the day on cable, I had a insulation inspector call round! Damn.

Yeah, I caught that GU long. I already took half profit and locked BEā€¦still in ā€¦was a perfect confirmation.

Itā€™s just tickling resistance right nowā€¦

yep, I closed the second half +20ā€¦a scalp is a scalp. :slight_smile: