Mad Scalper

mmmm. just stopped out :frowning:

And have also lost the next two, so three losers today. Very disappointing and I think I will make a new rule for myself. Lose two trades in a row will equal end of the day for me. In the end, I have made a net loss of 0.77% on my GoMarket Account, with 7 wins and 7 losses. The reason behind the loss with a 50% rate is that I am compounding my stakes with wins, so that I have a max loss of 2% of bank and I did have a nice run of 4 wins in a row before the 3 losses in a row.
Some analysis this weekend and start fresh next week. Hoping for a good profit :slight_smile:

Evening All,

Another night in front of the computer trying to practice mad scalper trades. All quite at the moment.

Regards
Stephen:48:

Hi Steve,
Been away from the computer for much of the night. Really looking into the VSA now, but still having a play with this on the side. Am over my bad friday and decided that Fridays are now going to be my day away from trading and instead will be a research day. Have just entered on the Aud/Usd signal for a long @ 1.05748, at the moment 6 pips up. Got my S/L and T/P set so might go to bed and see what happens in the morning :slight_smile: Hope you have gone well tonight. Looks like a few that would have been good, but it is so easy in hindsight though.

Hi Kyle,

Im in the same trade. Its not going anywhere!

You must of been reading my mind, I have been looking at VSA for the last two days. I`m only up to page 20 and finding it a bit difficult to get my head around it. It will take some time but I think it is the way to go now.

We are using volume a little anyway doing the madscalper system but Petefader certainly has his finger on the pulse with this other VSA format. There is a nice energy about him and the fact that he is extremely patient with some of the questions he is asked. I almost stopped going through the thread at about page 6 in relation to all the individuals with extremely large Ego`s competing for cattle stations but that seems to have settled now.

I`m looking forward to learning more and in the next few months begin to trade on a live account too.

I`m still using MT4 obviously for the charts and the Marketscope II (FXCM) for the demo account but I am finding that they take some time to place your trade so I am going to give the MT4 demo a go and then trial the Gomarkets as you suggested.

Apart from that all is good. Dont worry about losing those trades, Ive lost a few as well. Sometimes it is a fine line between a winner and a loser. Youve just got to keep going because this Forex trading can definitely work. There are a lot of people out there doing it full time and doing very well. Remember the ' Laws of Attraction, ' it will come. Im only trading at 64% successful, but as you are aware, its all good.

Regards
Stephen

Hey Stephen,
Sounds like we are a bit similar in thinking :slight_smile: but then again, you probably need that to want to get in to fx. Looks like we are both pretty close to the same with success rate, and as I have said before, Iā€™d be happy to maintain an above 60% rate. Yes, last Friday was bad, but looks like it is inconsistent. petefader mentioned that it can be due to othersā€™ closing out their books before the weekend etc which can make the market a bit harder to read as per the rules and I agree with my experience, so I wont be trading Friday anymore. Also sounds like you have been watching ā€œThe Secretā€ which I did enjoy. Have bee to the odd motivational type thing as well (Christopher Howard) which has helped me immeasurably over the last 4 years, especially with my mental attitude to life etc.
People DO make a very good living on Forex, as you stated, and I am hell bent on being one of them, but not going to run without learning to walk :slight_smile: I am going to start a new VSA demo acct tomorrow and see how that goes, however, I am about 70 pages in to the VSA thread, so much to read, along with Undeclared Secrets.
Anyway, hope the night goes well. Iā€™m off to bed for 5 hours before getting up for work. Will be back tomorrow night after about 1830 once I drop my son off to his mum.

Kyle

Lucky I didnā€™t watch that Aussie trade all night. Was low for some time, but came through about an hour before I woke. One 2% trade for the day. Quite happy with that as I didnā€™t spend too much time at the computer last night. I have again just taken out a long position on the Aussie (1.05817 12 minutes ago). Tracking on BE at the moment, but I feel it was a good entry. Time will tell. Set my SL and TP and let it do its thing :slight_smile:

Good trade Kyle!

I went in early this afternoon at 1.05753 and just getting out now at 1.05920. You little ripper! Nothing like making monopoly money.

Regards
Stephen

Kyle,

There have been some good trades in the last 30 -60 minutes, but I have just been concentrating on one pair at a time.

The USD/JPY was looking good for a short, the EUR/USD and EUR/JPY were a little to close to the resistance areas to go long.

Would you agree?

Regards
Stephen

Hey Stephen,
Well done on your trade :slight_smile:
There has been some good mevement in the last hour, CAD news just came out a bit under expectations, but the Aussie trade I have on is not going to be affected in my opinion. Yes, you are correct with the resistance levels with the other pairs. You are doing what I believe is correct. Quite often, you have multiple pairs that seem set up for a madscalper trade. What I do is check each against support/resistance levels and take the best one if I am comfortable with it.
A new one I am going to follow is another Petefader analogy. If it isnā€™t screaming at you, then donā€™t take it. I will be concentrating on that and I am sure it will end up having less trades, but so long as the win percentage is there, I will be happy :slight_smile:

5 pips to go to close out the Aussie trade :slight_smile:

Go the aussie

And just got my 20 :slight_smile:

Hi Kyle,

Good trade this afternoon on the EUR/JPY. In at 115.452 out at 115.703.
Looking for more

Stephen

Kyle,

Another good trade, NZD/USD Long in at 0.8140 and out at 0.81612
Thats 2 from 2 so far.

Stephen

In again on the EUR/JPY at 115.595 for a long but it has turned south at the moment. Thinking the volume could have been higher but we will see how it goes.

Stephen

oops out down south -20PIPS. At least the stop loss works. Thats 2 from three

Stephen.

Hey Steve,
Good stuff today from you. I didnā€™t finish work until 1900 so havenā€™t been looking for long. Charts dont seemt o be too good at the moment though. Big US news in tonight, so price may be biased towards news rather than the standard support/resistance setups that madscalper is so good at. Might end up being a trade free night for me, but once again, well done with your trades :slight_smile:

Kyle

Hi Kyle,

Yes it has certainly died down at the moment. I started to read VSA thread again today. Got to page 30 and then decided it might be a good idea to download a copy of ā€˜Master The Marketsā€™ which I did. So I have continued to read it while leaving the charts open. So far it is very interesting and not too hard to follow. It has actually been written in a nice style. I hope reading the book will help make it easy to continue with the VSA Thread.

Regards
Stephen

Kyle,

Two quick short trades this evening.

AUS/USD In 1.05260 Out at 1.05150
NZD/USD In 0.81380 Out at 0.81255

Not many Pips but good practice.

Regards :47:
Stephen

All good practice Stephen, even the bad ones :slight_smile: Looks like a USDCAD long coming up int he next bar or so. Aussie and GBP about ready for shorting too.