Mad Scalper

Gone long EUR/USD @ 1.39881 :slight_smile:

wellā€¦

that was great! i made it! 3 winning trade for today so far!!!

i am in another entry with a little bit risk. lets see this.

i am worried about it.

thanks
kad

Hey Kad,
I was looking at that one but wasnā€™t too sure with it hanging around that support level. Support can become resistance and vice versa, but looks like you have done well out of it so WELL DONE :slight_smile: Like I said, I was looking at both the Euro and GBP. Chose the Euro as it was clear of resistance/support within the range I am after. However, it is currently 6 pips down, so not sure how this one will go. Well done again on yours. It should build some confidence for you :slight_smile:

Kyle

lost that trade!!! :55: just kissed the stop loss!!!
3 win 2 loss

thanks
kad

Iā€™m still in that one Kad. only 3 pips form stop loss tho :frowning:

wellā€¦

why ???

please explainā€¦

thanks
kad

wellā€¦

i know you made that tradeā€¦ but unfortunately i couldnā€™tā€¦

how many pips you made there ???

thanks
kad

Hi Kad,
My only thought would be that it might have survived with a 20 pip stop loss. That is what I am using. 20 pip take profit and 20 pip stop loss with 2% at risk each trade.

My trade got to 19 pips down, and luckily turned around from there. It just came out in profit.

Please, donā€™t be discouraged. It took me ages to work things out, but I do believe a 20 pip S/L and T/P is a good spot to take.

Below is my trade. Same one as you, but an extra 5 pips in S/L at 20 pips

Like I said, you did chose correctly, it just seemed like the S/L might have been a bit low. I did try a few months ago with a 10 pip S/L and 20 pip T/P thinking a 50% strike rate would give good profit still. That failed for me, and I am happy with the 20 pips each way now. I also am only trading GBP/USD and EUR/USD pairs. Last month, I got a 61% strike rate and made $2357 from a $10000 account (demo), 23.57% profit.

Although happy with that profit, I played with the stats and found that if I traded GBP and EUR pairs only, my strike rate would be better, I would have had less trades, but more profit.

Currently, I am in my second week with the new account trading just the GBP and EUR pairs. Week 1 was 4/5 trades, but two of those were closed on 10 pip profit. Week 1 was also $377 profit (3.77%).
Week 2 so far is $595 profit (5.74%), 4/5 trades

Total this month is 8/10 trades (80%), and profit $972 from a start of $10000 demo account.

Keep working hard on it Kad. You did chose correctly, and it will come naturally for you soon. Just got to find the right money management and T/P & S/L levels that suit you.

Kyle :cool:

wellā€¦

again long for euro/usd

looks bad againā€¦

long with high volumeā€¦lol

thanks
kad

:@ lost that 1 tooā€¦

3/3ā€¦

your suggestion for stop loss and take profit NOTED.

thanks
kad

The entry seemed right and volumes healthy, but the candle patterns sowed a lot of indecision. Doji pattern first showing the indecision, having a lot of buyers and sellers but price finishing basically where it started.
The next candle, a Dragonfly Doji indicates a possible bearish reversal, which it has actually reversed and is below your stoploss still.
Hope this helps a bit in explaining, but to be honest, I am better at explaining after the event and hopefully learning from that. I also make quite a few mistakes, but try to find a cause and reason behind them so I can learn from them all.

Time for bed for me. Hope to see you on here tomorrow evening. Iā€™ll be on later as I have some things I need to do first.

Have a good night, and donā€™t be too discouraged. We will all get there in the end. It will get natural and, hopefully, we are all trading real accounts with good capital in them within the next 12 months :slight_smile:

Kyle

wellā€¦
[B]We will all get there in the end.[/B]

that keeps me awakenā€¦ great talkā€¦

thanks
kad

Hey guys,
Just got in from my other commitments. Looks like tonight is not such a good night. Hypothetically, I would have had no trades on the GBP/USD and 1 win, 1 loss on the EUR/USD.
In effect, me not looking in the last 4 hours when I would have normally started to look at trades would have netted me a net break even, minus brokers spread, prob about 3-3.5 pips.

GBP/USD is running right along the pivot line so my novice impression is that we will get nowhere with that tonight. EUR/USD may possibly reverse off that daily resistance and give a shorting opportuniuty. That may not happen for another hour or so.

Iā€™ll post back with any reply when I see it or when I see a trading opportunity;

:20:

Big US news in 90 minutes, high impact. Prob not worth trading at all tonight :slight_smile:

Best having 0% for the day than having a loss cause we just want to make a trade.

well,
me too not having any trade today.

hey i have an ideaā€¦ what about trading MAD SCALPING on silver ???

lets discuss about silver.

thanks
kad

Hi All,

Just got in for the evening.

Very quite at the moment.

I did notice that there was a nice entry for a short on the GBP/USD about 3 hours ago. I hope if you were trading you got that one.

I havent been trading on Fridays but it is still a good idea to have a look away.

Stephen

Hey Stephen,
True with that GPB/USD, but I am the same and not trading today. Almost a setup again on the same pair, but too close to and bounced off that 2hrs ago. Ended up an ordinary day yesterday, with a few losers, but that is bound to happen. Canā€™t win 'em all. Once again, probably got a bit keen. At one stage, I was 6% up for the week. At the moment, it is -0.15%. Will build it again next week though. A good weekend this weekend to get a bit more in to VSA. I am guessing vsa with the Madscalper will reduce an amount of losers as well, and may be more useful by opening up a few more liquid pairs.

Kad, My own opinion if you want to look at silver trading (and there is no reason why not), is to seriously have a look at the VSA/Wykoff techniques as that transcends markets and will work trading anything :slight_smile:

Kyle

Hey all,
Been looking for the last few hrs but not done too much because we have been close to support levels on both the GBP/USD and EUR/USD. Thinking of making a short in the next few on the GBP/USD. It has pulled back up to the support level and pulled back each time, hopefully making it a resistance level now. Currently on the ā€œBlue up barā€ and waiting for a close on the red, so long as we stay below the ā€œnewā€ resistance line.
Letā€™s see how it goes :slight_smile:

Didnā€™t make a trade, even though the signal was there. Seems like the professional money has disappeared fro now. Iā€™ll wait a bit and see what transpires.