Mad Scalper

Hi Kyle,

Yes, not much happening at all. Ive been watching it in and out while I have been watching Tom Williams talk about VSA, very interesting. Ill be up for a while tonight so I will certainly let you know if I am about to make a trade.

Stephen

I listened to a youtube clip on one of his websites. Is it a youtube clip you are watching, or is it a webinar?? Am still reading the undeclared secrets :slight_smile: I think I saw an example of vsa just now on EUR/USD. We had the large down thrust on reduced volume followed by a high volume pin up bar, maybe signalling the end of the trend. Test a few bars later, indicating a bullish trend, then up almost 20 pips on two bars.
I may be reading a bit much into it, but it seems to fit that picture???

It is a webinar through the VSA Thread that I have been watching. It has 5 parts to it. Explained in very simple terms, it`s really good. You have probably seen it.

Stephen

Kyle,

Indeed you are correct. You are getting good mate. It would have been interesting to put a market entry for a long at the close of the bullish bar a few Pips higher before the test bar. If the market dropped following the test it woundn`t have mattered. Because the bullish moved continued up the market entry for a long would have been triggered off and you would of had a great trade.

Stephen

Hi Stephen,
Thanks for the compliment. I am hoping to get it. I want this to replace my current day job eventually, but I know it wont happen for a while. I am assuming the VSA thread you are talking about is Petefaders 1500 pips per month thread on babypips??

Yes, Petefaders thread.

Stephen

Hi All,

Just got in and turned on the computer and it looks like I`ve missed some good madscalper short trades this evening, never mind.
I will post if I see a trade coming up.
Stephen

Hey Stephen,
Yes, I saw that one after the event as well. I also saw one that I took at 2200 our time (just on the US open). It reversed on me nearly straight away and the GBP went up well over 100 pips within 10 minutes. Looked at it with VSA in mind and thought it would retrace, but kept going up. Sent a message to Petefader and hope to get his thoughts on it later. Only one trade last night for -20 pips.
Back to study. Watched the first two of those clips. Very interesting how simple they make it sound :slight_smile:

Kyle

Hi Kyle,

Yes, indeed they make it sound simple and some of it is and the other bids are a bit more difficult to get your head around. Tom Williams is good to listen to. He really explains things in a way that is easier to understand. I wish I could put his trading brain on a USB Stick and transfer it directly to mine.

Its ok to try and understand No Demand, No Supply, Tests etc. The difficultly Im finding is trying to get it up to speed when looking at the charts. At the moment Im still back and forth to my notes and trying to process what is happening. Ive finished ‘Master The Markets’ and now I have decided to read it again. It gets a little bit frustrating because you realise that understanding VSA is just around the corner but the penny just hasn`t dropped on a few things as yet.

I will get there soon. As you are aware it is chart time as well. I have spend more time this week studing VSA then worrying about the Madscalper trades because I really want to master it.

Stephen

Hi Kyle,

I hope this attachment works.

I saw this VSA Trade last night and entered at the close of the red down bar following what I thought was no demand on the previous green bar marked with the red line.

Do you think the entry was ok?

It made 90+ pips.

Beginners luck.

I just thought I would get your:26: view on it.

Thanks
Stephen

Kyle,

The above attachment is the wrong one. I cannot work out why that attachment went on. I`ll try again.
Stephen

Kyle,

This is the correct file.

I only copied the first part of the trade because I went to bed.

The trade kept on going down which was nice.

Stephen

Hey Stephen,
You are a bit ahead of me on the VSA at the moment. I plan on finishing Tom William’s book tomorrow. I can definately say that you did spot the no demand, and I am guessing the green bar before the no demand may have even been a shakeout which does quite often happen as well. I will compare it to my notes in the morning and get back to you on it.
I am also thinking maybe we should start a fresh thread as we are both heading VSA way and essentially, not so much madscalping. In some ways, we are starting to pollute this thread with stuff other than madscalper. In the morning, I will create one and let you know what it is.

Kyle

Hi Kyle,

Just to let you know I have jumped over to the Pete`s VSA thread.

If I make a Madscalper trade I will post it here and check it anyway in case you make a post.

I had a good day the other day with a short off the AUD/USD for 130 Pips followed by large stopping volume then a long trade up to the 61.8 fib. The VSA is starting to sink in. I also have started a log as I went through the VSA thread to capture good examples of trades.

If you want another really good place for news do a google search for forex factory. There is a calender there which I have found rather good for news that can affect trading.

Regards

Stephen

I tried the strategy on a demo account last night. It went very well. Could you check my entries, please? Guess I made some mistakes as a newbie.
A Short in EURUSD:

A short in USDCHF:

Hi tick4tick,

I was unable to open your charts. Try again or use a file downloader and I`ll have a look at them.

Regards
Stephen

Hi Tick4tick,
Sorry for the delay, but yes, we will look at the charts when you post them. Am happy to help others as such.

Steveleg - up to 100 posts now :slight_smile: Studying more with VSA still. Two trades on it on the Euro. Monday for 92 pips (4.21% profit) and 35 (2.57% profit) last night. Learning is good :slight_smile:

Kyle

Hi Kyle,

That 100 posts went quick. I had no idea until you pointed it out.

Yes I`m still going with the VSA. After you read MTM twice it gets easier to understand.

Im up to 200 in the thread. It takes forever, Im on a mission to finish next week.

It looks as though you`re doing well. Keep it up!

Talk to you soon.

Stephen

eurusd long at 1.4309 tp:1.43295 sl:1.42895