Main reasons why i failed to make a profit from live chart based trading

That does not mean the other 32% made any profit at all.

And how many people try online trading and never progress past a demo trading account to trading with a real money account, as they lost on the demo account?
That would raise the overall failure rate.

Its often said that -

those busy selling systems or posting on trading forum probably do not have a system that works or they’d be busy trading it, especially during market hours.

Why would they be trading during market hours?

I’ve said before day trading is generally a mugs game (there are some who are good at it) but I prefer to use end of day, what should I buy doing all day, watching my positions?

Hi John

how much $ profit / income does that pay you on average per month (over the past 12 months)?

And if you had $1000 to start doing what you do, what do you think that $1000 could be turned into in 12 months?

Thanks.

Believe me with the leverage involved in trading it’s enough.

There are easy enough good trades in one year to make good money.

If you think I’m going to open my tax returns for you fuggetabout it.

what is your point in being on this forum anyway?

most people on this forum have good intentions, not quite sure what yours are?

it’s almost like your working for the regulators trying to warn us of the nefarious world of forex trading?

personally I think people are getting bored of your crap.

2 Likes

You are entitled to your own opinion.

ok well finally you posted something constructive

I don’t know much about market depth or level 2 but I’ve heard it can give you an edge.

I can see your bias against chart trading, many traders prefer market depth over charting, in fact I’d say many of the pros use this

it would be interesting to hear of your experiences of this rather than just be hater on everything else

i would have thought regulators are busy regulating and are neutral. Also perhaps they are kept in a job as the industry exists, so going out of their way to warn the public may not really be in their best interests if they want to stay busy in work.

1 Like

A person can try to use both but with limited attention to divide between different items, the more items, the less attention being possibly paid to each.

Isn’t level 2 better with individual stocks? Were you just following the big companies like bp,HSBC?

Or were you looking at this data for the ftse futures and seeing the auctions for that?

I don’t know.

Above is what I think is rubbing people (myself included) up the wrong way. You are taking your own experiences and presenting them as facts to the rest of us. They are not facts.

Take the statistic from IG I posted earlier for instance, whilst they may word the language carefully, that statistic is still a fact. You nor I have any idea how much profit the other 32% are making and nor should it matter, but there is a good percentage of traders making profit.

Just because a method or a strategy failed for you, doesn’t mean it will fail for someone else.

1 Like

All i have done is post my fact based opinions. Based on my experiences.

Nobody is under any obligation to reply.

I’ll just leave that there.

I wish you good luck with whatever route you choose to take.

Out of optimistic curiosity, how much total profits have made from trading online (financial markets)?

Your attitude is like im really smart, and if i cant do it nobody else cant. The market proved you are not as smart as you think, just deal with it. You tried, failed, let other people give it a try. Every brokers say that investing in finnancial markets is a high risk investment, and they say most traders lose money. Everybody is warned from the begining of the risk they are taking and what happens from there forward its their responsability.

1 Like

That is a useless question because I can just lie. It is also, none of your business.

OK, good point.

Have a nice weekend.
All the best.

There is nothing we can do, just adjust for that rules. I don’t think quotes means so much, that’s not so critical and you can still be profitable. When trading, each trader just keep in mind such risks and that’s okey, so that is not so problem. Moreover, I can’t agree that this may be the reason that some people blow their deposits.