Manipulating Trading Platform

@Blackduck See, you’re dealing with folks here that simply don’t have the funds to trade futures here.

I’d trade commodities futures every day of the week if I had the funds. I simply don’t so must choose the best alternate.

2+2 = 4

:heavy_plus_sign:

doesn’t, so

@Blackduck, I read the complete document so I know who and what I’m dealing with…

US regulators slap down FXCM for trading against own clients

US regulators have punished retail currencies trader FXCM for using algorithms to trade against its own clients, in another stinging blow for global watchdogs against aggressive tactics in the mom-and-pop trading industry. New York-based FCXM has scrapped its US business and agreed to sell its accounts to one-time rival Gain Capital after the Commodity Futures Trading Commission banned two of the company’s founders from the financial services industry and fined them and the company $7m for defrauding customers. “Full and truthful disclosure to customers and honest discourse with self-regulatory organizations such as the National Futures Association are vital to the integrity and oversight of our markets,” said Gretchen Lowe, chief counsel of the CFTC’s division of enforcement in a statement late on Monday. “Today’s actions demonstrates that the CFTC is committed to protecting customers from harm in the markets it regulates.” The CFTC said that between 2009 and 2014, FXCM was false and misleading in its efforts to snag new customers by hiding the fact that it had conflicts of interests with clients. The company, and founder Drew Niv, gave false statements to the NFA about this relationship, the regulator said. Mr Niv and co-founder William Ahdout have been barred from registering with the CFTC or from engaging in regulated financial activity in future.

This business model is still in play today… just better hidden… DYOR

Blackduck… Are you fully aware who you’re dealing with???

1 Like

I think he/she should read their on links
" So to sum up the whole NDD-DD story, as FXTimes analyst and trader Fan Yang puts it: “All brokers have to hedge . . . but that’s not defined as trading against the trader. They just have to take the opposite side of your trade sometimes. So with a dealing desk, there are people making those hedging decisions, but without a dealing desk, they have some algorithm that still does the same.”

It is important to remember that being a NDD doesn’t mean that a broker isn’t a market maker. A NDD broker still uses an algorithm to not only match your trades, but also make the market, just as a DD broker does."

Although the article uses the usual hype worlds “Often”, “Sometimes”,'Usually",“similar”

~24 Months ago… Most in these forums believed that ECN meant direct access to the Interbank Market!!

1 Like

I think you and @therealInsideBar believe that I am a complete novice at this game.

I have been with FXCM for 5 years. In that time I have had zero and I repeat ZERO issues with FXCM

I trade Forex on a third party trading software called Track N Trade and I there is very little slippage with instant execution and respectable spread costs.

If I want to withdraw money from my account I just go to my account manager, nominate how much I want to withdraw and that amount is in my bank account within 24 hours.

I don’t know what else you need from a broker.

Blackduck

She. :grinning:

Blackduck

I believe you have a much bigger account than me therefor are trading future contracts through a centralized market not CFD in a decentralized market.

Not the spot FX market. That is with FXCM

I have two futures brokers. I use Ninjatrader and my broker with that platform is with Dorman Trading in Chicago. That account I use to day trade. My second account I use Track N Trade and my broker with them is Gain Capital again in Chicago. With that account I position trade mostly with options.

Have a good trading week.

Blackduck

No that’s not possible! The worst that can happen is that the broker makes a trade against you, this I believe is normally what market makers do. Always better to go for pure ECN account brokers like Fxview or FP Markets.

Hi. Please go through the thread below.

1 Like

Make me laugh. Blind leading the blind. Read cobber. Read the fine print.
“CFDs offered by FXView are off-exchange transactions (i.e. over-the-counter). The trading
conditions are set by us (in line with the trading conditions received by our liquidity providers),
subject to any obligations we have to provide best execution, to act reasonably and in
accordance with our Client Agreement and with our Summary Best Interest and Order
Execution Policy. Each CFD trade that the Client opens through our Trading Platform results in
the entering of an Order with FXView; such Orders can only be closed with FXView and are
not transferable to any other person.”

1 Like

Brokers with a good reputation will never manipulate trades since they have goodwill and wouldn’t want to lose their clients. Always research and compare before selecting any broker and avoid market makers rather go for ECN

I use MT5, all in one for cryptos, forex, indices

Same here, switched to MT5 when I started trading indices and stocks as well.

Although I trade only forex but from the beginning of my trading career with fxview I thought of using MT5 only because you never know when you might need to diversify. For this very reason I recently opened one more account with robinhood. I do not want to have any limitations.

That sounds about right. Getting used to an interface can take time.

When it’s a completely different platform then yes, but from MT4 to MT5 shouldn’t be that big a thing.

If your broker has a dealing desk, they may setup a trade that can go against you, it is always better to go with brokers that have no dealing desk or they are called as ECN brokers.

I don’t think that something like that will ever happen. Though your broker can trade against you, they cannot manipulate the trading platform. If you have such doubts, you can trade with ECN brokers who maintain transparency throughout your trades and never trade against you.

I don’t think a broker can manipulate MT4 unless you’ve chosen to trade with a broker who doesn’t comply with the trade regulations.