Margin & Tradingview

Hi everyone. Great community here! I recently switched from MT4 to Tradingview and have a challenge calculating my initial margin requirement per position. I love the charts and layout so that’s why I made the switch while paper trading

Question is: they do not have a platform where you enter the number of contracts like MT4. This was easy to calculate the initial margin requirement. When placing trade on Tradingview they have a field called quantity that has the options: manual or risk %. Anybody familiar with that? I’ve been using the risk % because it was simple but as I get closer to actually wanting to trade with real money want to calculate my initial and maintenance margin requirements like I used to on MT4.

Any help would be appreciated!!

Thank you!

Hi bobbys i don’t have any experience with trading view platform. Better go back to MT4 platform.

Send an email to there support. I know they would be more than happy to help you out. As you probably have already found out, trading view is one of the best trading platforms out there. I don’t use it to trade since my broker doesn’t integrate with their website, but I use it for everything else, charting, analysis, news, sharing ideas, etc.

The reason why it is foreign to you is because Forex brokers tailor their software to making Forex trading as beginner friendly as possible. If you trade FX with a standard stock broker (which I would also encourage), like TD Ameritrade, there is no hand holding and you are placing trades using actual nominal values rather than lots.

1 Like