[B]Asia - JPY/CNY[/B]
- Japanese industrial production unexpectedly eased -0.4 percent on the month, bringing the annual rate down to 3.7 percent and easing bullish sentiment on the yen.
- Chinese stocks posted their biggest drop in more than three weeks on government intervention concerns, as the CSI 300 Index fell 4.5 percent to close at 3858.52 - the sharpest decline since June 4. Meanwhile, the Shanghai Composite Index retreated 4 percent to 3914.20.
[B]Europe - EUR/GBP/CHF[/B]
- The German unemployment rate slid to a seasonally adjusted 12-year low of 9.1 percent as rising corporate investment and consumer spending continued to fuel economic growth.
- Euro-zone M3 expanded at an annual rate of 10.7 percent in May, higher than the estimate of 10.4 percent and just below March?s record-high of 10.9 percent.
- UK Nationwide House Prices surged to 11.1 percent in May, the highest level since January 2005.
Click here for PDF