Mental block looking at my balance

This is a good idea. I’m not sure if his platform will have the feature of hiding the account balance.

This is a good explanation why shouldn’t worry about your balance when placing trades.

This is a good idea. Learn to suck it up.

1 Like

Oh no! Now i’ve read this I’ve started doing this as well!:rofl:

1 Like

hello how are pls win good money

1 Like

Stop looking for monetary validity in your trades. Channel your OCD towards ensuring the trades you make are top drawer. Aim for % risks and returns. For example it’s either a 1% loss or 3% win. The money doesn’t matter.

1 Like

i think it has nothing to do with your OCD ,you are simply losing no matter round figure or not ,its better to blame it on something easier than finding a way to constant win .happy pips

1 Like

I had the same problem.
Solution: i started focusing on percentage. I don’t care about my balance.

1 Like

I’d suggest reading the book Mindset. OCD can be difficult to deal with, and most of the time untreatable. So what you can do is, try to look for a positive round off figure. Like you said, if you trade with $1000 and make $1012, you will have a fear of losing. So work on your trading psychology (to eliminate the fear), and work on your mindset (to opt for an optimistic outlook), and aim for the next round off figure like $1020, so that you do not lose.

1 Like

Stop looking at the balance and only pay attention to the percentage. Our mind will keep playing tricks with us until we learn to control it. This is not a serious issue. Just don’t obsess over it much and trade freely. Good luck!

1 Like

I agree with many of the comments above. If you have a tried and tested profitable strategy, knowing your balance should have zero influence on how you manage your trade once taken.
Obvious I know, but concentrate on whether your trade is still valid according to your criteria. Only exit the trade when your system gives an exit signal.
I was obsessing about open loss/profit and my balance, leading me to closing trades too early or too late, predicting exit signals rather than waiting for them. I was missing profits my strategy would have netted me and taking hits I shouldn’t have.
The strategy I am developing is far from polished, but ignoring my balance and P/L has helped my trading and my stress levels.

1 Like

You should try working on your mindset before trading. There are several courses and books that might help you with that. If that doesn’t work, a professional can help you remove your blocks. Consider taking full advantage of whatever you have access to because that will help you a lot.

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more! Also I try activities that makes feel at ease.

1 Like

Don’t focus on your result; just focus on your trading process! And definitely, try to change this habit; because focusing on trading equity is not a right practice!

2 Likes

You are just overthinking it mate! They are just numbers and they don’t mean anything else. Don’t’ look at your balance and only focus on the trade and position size in the number of pips.

1 Like

I actually suggest talking to your doctor about it ocd can be bad for some people

1 Like

I think that the doctor in such situations will not help much anymore))

2 Likes

i believe making 1% per day is unsustainable. something will inevitably go wrong and you will feel it’ or have to reset, its a waste of time… be right more and capitalize when you are. stop underestimating whats possible.

its difficult to understand contrarian, radical, or unconventional truths, without humility. theres false confidence and theres genuine pride. the ego is a double edged sword. we need it to innovate but it can also filter valuable input.

1 Like

Consider taking some time to engage in some activities outside the forex market. If the market triggers you in a negative way, consider some professionals; they will understand your situation better.

2 Likes

You must focus on trading with no mental exhaustion. Mental exhaustion leads to frustration and the kind of blocks you say. Understanding that such blocks might disturb your mental health and trading, you must consider giving them proper attention, and if it is not possible, seek some advice from an expert in the field. That would be helpful for you now and in the future. Your experience of yours today will be a lesson for you tomorrow. I hope you come out of the situation soon!

2 Likes

When it comes to trading forex successfully, mental preparation is just as important as financial preparation. Profits and losses affect you not only financially but also psychologically. So, it is preferable to not look at the balance and trade freely without any stress.

2 Likes

Measure performance in trading through % not $.

1 Like