MetaTrader4 Demo

Is the metatrader4 demo exactly like how it would it be if i switched over to a live account? if it’s not what are the differences?

Hi, :grinning: the demo account aims to show the platform capabilities and pre-check the broker (e.g. spread, contact with customer service). by trading on a demo, the emotions associated with trading are negligible, so when you trade on a live account, you’ll learn how you react to market changes. Regards Greg

Ideally it should be the same but often there are differences in terms of requoting, server connection, spreads, etc.

Hi Annaya. MT4 is a trading software platform. They probably provide a demo through one of the broker firms. Depending upon which broker provides the demo, it could vary significantly from a live account experience.

I suggest that you open a demo account with OANDA because their demo accounts behave just like their live accounts. Subsequently, you can open a live account with any other broker although I would again recommend OANDA for your live account, especially for small capital sizes (recommended) since they allow you to trade in smaller units than the minimum allowed by other brokers.

Everything is same; just demo is all about virtual capital! Same environment, same price!

1 Like

The performance is not always the same in my experience. It should be, but it’s not.