Monopoly board game

Hey guys, i have a weird question about monopoly board game. With your experience in forex trading and stocks, do you think that monopoly can help us to develop a better mindset as a traders, if we practice and play monopoly daily with our friends or family, just for fun? I was thinking about this and my opinion is that monopoly is giving us valuable trading lessons once when we win or face failure after the game.

I can’t see how it will help but if it works for you then why not. A more useful game would be a board game called Flutter. It’s a stock trading game. Not sure if it’s still around though…

Chess would be far better training.

Playing monopoly wont teach you anything about trading. You can play it for fun but it wont prepare you for the ups and downs of trading. Doing the babypips course or reading a trading book would be more useful.

That’s interesting. :smiley: But hmm :thinking: I think the most that you’d get from Monopoly (that might be some sort of preparation) is the thrill of earning and losing money. :open_mouth: Not sure if this thrill though would help with your trading psychology since trading with real money is 1000x more intense.

Interesting🤔
Could you elaborate?

Chess encourages the development of senses or skills involving -
strategic planning
timing
patience
pattern recognition
materiel loss and sacrifice
reasoning and decision making under time pressure
resilience in the face of losses
etc. etc.

1 Like