More deposit needed to sell my bitcoin?

I’m trying to sell my bitcoin I bought in December last year thru eToro.
Whenever I click “S” for sell, it keeps asking me to deposit more money saying that “Deport $176 in order to open this trade”.
Would anyone please tell me why I have to deposit more before selling?
I feel heavy with worries. Is eToro a scammer? Please help.

It sounds like you are opening a new order, rather than closing an existing order, and your margin is too low for the new position.

Can you not just click on your trade and choose to CLOSE TRADE …?

Find open trades tab see your trade click on close

and keep in mind that IF WHAT @Drekieyja is saying is correct, which IT SOUNDS LIKE IT PROBABLY IS.
then depositing another $176 will just blow your account out

you would need to deposit that amount JUST TO FULLFIL THE MARGIN REQUIREMENT
beyond that, you would need to deposit more so that you have enough to trade with

so don’t just look to deposit $176
Consider a min of 5x that amount at the least

Sounds like you’re trying to short BTC and not close out an existing long position.

Have you tried contacting eToro? I’m sure you’ll get a reply since you’re a customer. :slight_smile:

Bit coins is the hype in forex right the moment. Many broker are providing bit coins facility now. But actually it is about opening orders. You will not close any existing orders with the bit coins. In the new open position you will get very less margin profit. Which is the reason of blowing your trading account. The disadvantage of bitcoin is trader need to deposit more amount to get the most benefits.

the other downside is that YOU NEED A VERY LARGE NOMINAL MARGIN to open the trade.