Mp -- Some Of My Non-secret Secrets

im turning my hut upside down looking for some “wisdom” ---- give me a day or two cause i may have to order out for it !

mp

[B]
IF ANYONES HAVING PROBLEMS PUTTING THE MA’s IN WITH THE MACD, PLEASE CONTACT ME VIA YAHOO MESSENGER AS MP6140 !

I MAY BE ABLE TO HELP ![/B]

OK, I think the fog may be clearing, just one more question. The arrow in your pic seems to be pointing to convergance. Can you give us an example of divergance so we might see what happens to price then?

If that pic IS divergance, then it seems that it only the green line which must be one of the faster MAs. But this IS a 15 minute chart so maybe I’m just stupid.:o

for some who wonder about the timed reversals i speak of, please note what happened to EURUSD around the 10 am reversal period (which is why one plays the nyse open for ONLY 1/2 hour)

watch for the others also !

mp

give me a bit of time for trading pukey, and ill get to the whole thing.

a point to watch is the aqua MACD signal line as it approaches the 50 EMA –
i often sell as the two touch and then wait to see if there will be a break out above.

now “angle of attack” and the indicators may give me a clue before that happens, BUT so often the macd signal line HITS and then REVERSES off the 50, that it becomes a very nice thing to watch, and works on ALL TIMEFRAMES !

watch it and like a beautiful woman doing a slow strip before you, ALL things will be revealed in time !

LOL – sorry sweetpip

mp

I’m with you so far. Go make $$. I’ll wait here. :slight_smile:

Thanks for that! Quite the reversal indeed. I’m going to have to get a big clock to stare at me and get good at adding 5 to what I see as I can’t get my mt4 platform to read to me EST. :confused:

I have been away and will try to get caught up with this thread later tonight.

One more thing when you have time. With the MAs set to “close” I notice an oddity. If I scroll back my charts by holding down my left mouse button (instead of using the wheel) I see the MAs and the MACD adjusting themselves differently and crossing over eachother at dramatically different points. Wouldn’t then the crossover point with the signal line be directly affected by zoom and how many candles fit on the chart at that moment? Of course this wouldn’t affect the crossovers of the MAs themselves, but they seem to be the same when they are overlaying the candles. It seems to make more sense to my simple little brain to leave the MA’s set to “previous indicator’s data”. I’m sorry if my stupid is showing again.

Maybe a breakthrough, maybe luck, but I finally saw the 45 minute reversals…noticed on multiple pairs…Probably because I had the m1’s open…

After the brutality that my gnomes caused me this morn, it was nice to have some sort of breakthrough, even if its only temporary :slight_smile:

breakthroughs must be handled with care and often a lot of aspirin.

hopefully, unlike forex where a breakout is followed by a downside move, you shall not have a breakdown also.

we would miss you !

awwwwwwww

mp

Thanks Yoda…you indeed are the complete package- with all frills and thrills rolled in one. Not only you are converse in the games of the tech analysis, you are well adept at nitty grittys of the MT4 tool-needless to say your are a good company for the McGivers…

enough praise heaped on you for the day :slight_smile:

the mcgivers are bobbing their heads up and down in agreement with you, so thnx !

if anyone wants to take a look at my little macd thingie on a chart of eurusd/15 minute — notice how the stoch is heading up, but the divergence is heading down ?

wanna watch and see ?

mp

Watching the little boogers!

<Next Day edit>

For those of you coming later and reading through this thread here is a pic of the setup that gets discussed in the next page or 2! I put in the time that MP Posted his previous comment.

Also included the m5 and m30 of the same time period as attachments.

MACD Red Dotted Line

Stoch White and Purple dotted lines

This is a nice lil thingie. Do you usually catch the trend reversals using this? I can see myself using this more frequently now (after ofcourse I dissect the meaning in it)?

Thanks for sharing!

1tex

So do you wanna make any secrets known as to how you played that nice little reversal. Due to being distracted (accidentally went long on the wrong pair and after using every shred of analysis I could muster I decided to let it bounce of the lrc which, like a boomerang it came back to me for 19 pips…yay for the demo though) and slow I got in at 1.3161 and took 10 piparooskis @1.3171.

Where would’ve been your entry and why and same question for exit?

Are ya talking of the divergence MP just talked about? I guess he wanted to short that trade??:confused:

Anyways I shorted as well as went long…

got out of both at 1.31490 and 1.31690 respectively-a neat 20 pippies :slight_smile:

1t

What made you short it? When I finally saw the reversal the bulls were running wild and I never could’ve shorted it.

Ok finally got all my indicators set up in one window and what a mess.:eek::eek: I’m going to have to put little pieces of paper all over my monitors just to remember what is what for while.

<On a side note>

Yes!!! i made it to Junior member…it just goes to show how little that little tag really means.

Lol! Dont do that I think there is a way by which you can get the description of the indicators on your screen!

Also, guys, the thing to watch is the angle of approach-MP is very visual while I am very mathematical. And mark my words that these angles, whether be between MAs approaching or the Regressions lines cutting into MAs need to be observed. They hold a major keys to bringing home good pippies :slight_smile:

when I was not a junior member, infact when I was not even a newbie I use to lose a lot-In fact I blew 3 5K demos in 3 months-and then Babypips happened.

:slight_smile:

I have been a northface ever since then :wink: so congrats and stay put 'ere…