Mp -- Some Of My Non-secret Secrets

Lol, I guess he is just offended that MP took a condescending attitude towards a game of chess and how fx and chess are different games :slight_smile:

[B]of course, there are the fractuals and the bressert still to talk about before i can begin to wrap this all up.[/B]

INDEED ---- although there was NO put down of chess, as i likened forex to THREE dimensional chess (up, down and sideways, and possibly all at the same time, which you must agree is rather hard)

i just see forex as a game with decent returns, far better than sitting here playing ā€œspace invadersā€ clones !

he got miffed over something that wasnt said ā€” oh well !

mp

Thanks for the great reply to my questions!

Whippy?

slightly calm and has a trend, but qualifies for sure

mp

[quote=sandpipper;8801

Whippy?

[/quote]

Ok, forgive and forget, the game and the argument. Letā€™s concentrate back to make money. :smiley:

The lesson I learned today:

Donā€™t kill your passion, donā€™t be like Paul Morphy or Bobby Fisher. :eek:

Enjoy your passion, be like Adolf Anderssen or Garry Kasparov. :cool:

Peace. :wink:

Ha Haā€¦You really know how to ā€œsweet talkā€ a galā€¦lol

However, I am perfectly happy with my ADX/DMI combination, overlayed twice with different values, that Iā€™ve been using for quite a while now to do just thatā€¦:stuck_out_tongue:

At least you got the ā€œladyā€ part right :wink:

:slight_smile:

Ironically, Iā€™m thinking back to a college professor who used to say: ā€œThe only dumb question is the one you didnā€™t askā€. No, he wasnā€™t looking for stupid questions, all he meant was that if you need clarification, then ask.

Ok.

So Iā€™m trying something new. Iā€™m watching instead of trading. So far I havenā€™t lost anything (thatā€™s a joke, because Iā€™m not trading, hahaā€¦ my attempt at humour).

Iā€™m having troubles understanding Barryā€™s S&R. Iā€™m pretty clear on pivots, fibs, support and resistance and how they work, heck, even the psychology behind it all.

But Barry has me scratching my head. In the attached chart you can see how the candle at 1340hrs breaks the resistance level and then closes just below it, and at 1345hrs it then punches through the level and keeps going up. Now in all other forms of S&R the resistance line would then become the support line. Is this true in Barrys? But then the blue support line is still running along the bottom? Then it is not until 1400hrs that a new resistance level is set. So whats going here? What significance does the broken resistance line have?

I tried looking this up on my own. I spent a few hours googling it all and came up with nothing (except why a few people think that their system is better than barrys, I donā€™t know, because I havenā€™t figured out barrys yet!).

Iā€™m not strictly reserving the space for an answer from MP. Any of the other students are free to help my wrap my pea brain around this thingy.

Ironically I feel like Iā€™m back in school. Sitting in the back corner trying to figure out whatā€™s going on as everyone else already understands it. On the upside, once I do figure something out I do understand it. Iā€™m a little slower, but gosh darn it, I am a stubborn and persistent bugger. :smiley:

With thanks to all!

(Also I know that I donā€™t have the ema lines in the MACD box yet, Iā€™m just trying not to overload my poor brain. One thing at a time. :cool:)

or even Paris Hilton !

passion is passion, even if it aint chess !

LOL

mp

sweetpips,

while no adherent of the ADX, i have often spoken about the fact that it works ---- like MOST if not ALL well thought out ā€œsystemsā€, and cannot and will not enter into THAT conversation.

BUT, i smile to notice you use TWO DIFFERENT VALUES, as i posted about along the way, and therefore thank you for what must be a very hard earned confirmation of some ā€œdeeply buriedā€ ideas !

While i could never consider you to be anything BUT a LADY, i also recognize the dichotomy of emotion that lives within the Canadian soul (which i will not address further) and raise my glass of single malt to your ADX success !

what i do here is NOT show a system, which I understand many would love (although if one takes a solid bounce off the LRC line and exits at the midpoint, there will be MANY a lovely pip banked on that move alone) but rather to see and understand what ANY system or LACK OF SYSTEM shows in the wonder world of worex ! (ok, a little writers license there !)

Far fewer will be those who truly understand what i say here, and thousands will flock to the shores of the gurus who present ā€œsystemsā€, and many more will seek the sellers of support and resistance points, so they may just plug the figures into their charts, place their trades and go off to their 9-5 in the factory !

But for the very very few who grasp the meaning of whats being presented here, they shall be able to trade ANYTHING, ANYWHERE, ANYTIME and ANYWAY they wish, for THEY can wear the mantle of TRADER with pride !

they will be able to enter or exit a trade ANYWHERE they desire and not with the need for this line to cross THAT line, or this dot to do something clever ---- [B]they shall be able to SEE !
[/B]
enjoy and trade well

mp

Hey MP, I am trying to follow along here and have had mixed results. I like the idea of not have a ā€œTIā€ based system. So far it seems as though scalping the M1 is my only winning strategy right now based on my first 7 trading days.

I was looking back to the 1-330 and 6-14:30 time frames and am still not seeing it, at least looking back over this past week. I do see a major move between the time slots, but do not see how to predict this in a consistent way. One little thing I noticed is that the end of the 1-330 the move seems to start, but some days this does not hold true. Please point out your method on the attached chart.

Also you may already done this, but would you mind posting what you use on your charts for indicators and such?

enjoy and trade well

mp

Paris Hilton trades Forex?

Well if Paris can trade,ā€¦

The timeframe was 6-730, not 1430 (that 1430 a result of me going back and forth between EST and GMT+2ā€¦). I am interested in knowing how you look at the higher time frames. Do you use the same sine wave type of theory in the higher timeframes, but then other indicators to understand if the touch of the channel will result in a retrace or a breakout?

I am really in the mood for some learning here:

I have attached the current GPDUSD H1(Since you love the Cable :)). Now I am really taking a guess here, but would suspect a retrace because of the following:

[ul]
[li]Its at the top of the Shi,[/li][li]Multiple tests of the resistance.[/li][li]Its at the top of a short term LRC (not a strong signal)[/li][li]Some downward pressure as evident in the MACD/EMA (seems minimal though)[/li][/ul]

Now, this is the first time I have put all of this stuff together like this, so I would suspect that I am wrong.

Please grade my math homework :). I say it that way because in math class you do not get full credit for simply providing the answer, its showing your work that gives you the full credit.

Thanks,
Dale

Okay, can you change your profile pic to what it used to be?

I guess you have no idea the colors that avatar colored your babypips persona in-a royality with a common touch, a pip grabber who has had made his millions long ago and after having won the heart of many an exotic women who adorn 'emselves in 3 piece palm leaves, still has the time & patience to steer many a innocent fx freshers towards the untold wealths and perks that come usually with having accumulated many moneys :slight_smile:

And the one you have currently, though nothing wrong with it, paints you in a light that is so obvious-just another trader chasing the graphs in search of the elusive t/ps.

Lol

I guess I am currently bored-and am amusing myself with your ā€œavatarsā€ ā€¦well the heck it is your avatar. Who am I to judge :smiley:

You must be really, really, really boredā€¦:smiley:

it might be time for a change ā€” the mcgivers perhaps ?

its just that i fear the shock to be too great for most !

mp

AS I HAVE SO OFTEN TRIED TO POINT OUT !!!

mp

A thing of beauty is perhaps, a joy forever?? :confused:

dont know about forever, but at least for a few more good years !

mp