Mp -- Some Of My Non-secret Secrets

Mr Trav,
I initially thought you are out to caution we newbies about ways not waste our money, which i would have aprreciated a lot. I actually took the pains to go through the thread you pasted about MP. Though mistakes could have been made here and there,i actually think Mp was able to stand up for himself.
But your continously rantings makes me believe that you have something deep against this guy. As far as am concerned on this forum, hs is just showing ways to make it easier for us to trade, it is my choice either to take his way or leave it, or maybe you are mad about him giving out all the infoā€™s for free, will you rather see newbies waste their money away?

Get a life

Iļæ½ve had a nice morning as the snow and pips pile up, due in large part because of the generous and unselfish information posted here by my friend, mentor, hero, and savior!

Before I started trading this morning I followed the sacred advice given by my zen-father. I studied the LRC on the 4hr, 1hr, and 15min charts, took a few notes and observed the trends and the little uppy downy oscillations. lots like the slopes at Bromley yesterday!:slight_smile:

With the trend and uppy-downy info in hand (actually on a pink post-it-note) I traded the 5min euro with nothing but my recently bastardized version of the STRAC. Made a total of 4 trades with no s/l, all 4 trades hit my T/P and earned 92 pips.

So sorry to disappoint the haters and distracters, but mp6140 has been a great benefit to alot of as over hereā€¦wherever it is we are!

And again, thanks for the help Mr MP!

ps. mp, you didnļæ½t have to send that much, I would have said the same things for half of that, but Iļæ½ll put it to good use, yesterdayļæ½s skiing cost more than I expected, thanks!

Friends (my enemies wont care)

when i touched down here at the land of the newb, i stated my qualifications pretty completely.

i stated that i had run the gamut of experiences and that a lot were bad and i simply remembered them better than most ---- years have elapsed, and the lessons I LEARNED are the ones i pass on the most.

Mistakes (for which some have no answers) were made, as well as successes, but as i always state, one learns MORE from the mistakes than from the good trades, and ive more than made my share of bad trades on the way to where i am now, which is nothing more than an EXPERIENCED intermediate trader with a growing business !

so dragging up what is an unexplained mistake, because some toes were stepped on, while certainly dirty politics, is nothing less than i could expect.

I stand behind what ive done here ā€” teach to SEE, advise and often coddle, provide some really nice evening trades that one can sleep through and present it all in a humorous and ā€œplain american talkā€ manner !

the ones who hate me, hate me deeply but it is of NO real bother, except for the momentary defenses iā€™m forced to bring up at the moment, but on the LONG TERM CHART of my associations here, my information has proven to be SPOT ON, my ā€œpredictionsā€ have been SPOT ON, and my intentions here have always been SPOT ON ---- [B]the TRADING part is easy at this point, so it leaves me with a strong desire to pass on my experiences to others who may profit from it ---- maybe as one gets older, and cares about people, thats a standard thing, but its all new to me [/B]!

NO agendaā€™s with NOTHING to gain on my part except to pass on some information that might prove helpful, either NOW or in the FUTURE for the new trader, so peeps, make up your own minds as to what you want to do with me.

you can be a lynch mob or you can understand mistakes made which are now WARNINGS for you to examine ---- I KNOW the intent behind my posts and hope most of you understand what i do !

[B]ENJOY AND TRADE WELL[/B]

i love humor being used against me ā€” tickles my toes !

GO AWAY AND NEVER DARKEN MY DOMICILE AGAIN !

LOL MUCHLY

mp

hey

gave out my thoughts on GJ and EU last nite, and we sure seem headed there, as well as having taken out the FIRST tp points.

beware the noon, est reversal ā€” i always take profit before that point, UNLESS the currency reverses its downside move at 11:30, which normally means it will go UP until noon, and then reverse BACK DOWN for the afternoon run.

YOUR STOCHASTICS and CCI should show you any AVAILABLE strength, but remember, the brits will leave at noon, est and there be a lot of brokers who want to move UP again.

139.27 presently showing on the 15 as a bottom before reverse for GJ

2578 shows on EU 15 min with probable 2568 being hit

THEN we see what the powers that be want in direction

ALSO NOTE, while not written in stone but happening every day now lately, the currencies will make a run back to at least the pivot point, and most likely to any prior low or prior closing price ā€” if theyre on your chart, and they should be, watch your CCI for strength as the price makes its way back to those points ā€” if youve got a barryā€™s there AND a PRICE CHANNEL and anything else, GUESS where the price is going ???

[B]if this is to be my last day here, lets make it one HECK of a blowout for everyone ![/B]

mp

even the noon reversal is marvelous

135.51 for GJ on the 9 minute chart with much more to come

enjoy

mp

Sorry just woke up awhile agoā€¦your overnites were marvelousā€¦thanksā€¦Just need to learn how to fish for myself on those buggers. Hang in there!!! I would bet that there is a large silent majority that really appreciates what you bring to the table. Like always its the vocal minority thats causin the problems.

Still piling up over here, snow & pips! I went skiing yesterday and I think itļæ½s helping me trade today, you know the whole concept, what goes up eventually comes down! Moguls and the markets have a lot in common! LOL! (moguls as in snowy bumps not rich old men)

This morning I spent much more time than usual manually drawing and redrawing LRC on the 4hr 1hr & 15min LRC. And paid a lot more attention to the center on the 1hr & 15min than usual. Iļæ½m using VT Trader with no auto LRC function and find doing them manually is good practice because it seems to be more of an art than science.

After working on the LRC with the 1hr & 15min time frames I jumped to the 5min euro with the price channels & two STRAC. Each STRAC using a different ATR multipliers and bastardized the setting. I donļæ½t think Iļæ½m used the STRAC in the way they were intended to be used, but liked what I could ļæ½seeļæ½. As the 5min price oscillated up & down the STRAC, toward and away from the 15min LRC center line, always being mindful that the price always seems to know itļæ½s way back ļæ½homeļæ½ I ended up having a nice profitable morning. almost as many pips as snow!

But whatļæ½s more important than the $$$s (really nothing more important than the $$$s but I want you all to think of me as a humble soul instead of a greedy pig)ā€¦whatļæ½s more important is Iļæ½m really starting to feel like I know where the price was going and why$$$s

MP, again many thanks for helping turn the LRC lights on!

now Iļæ½m hoping for an enlightened afternoon, OM-ing for more snow & pips. (Unfortunately looks like the Dow & S&P are falling and hurting as badly as I did yesterday)
d-pip

LAZY bugger !

the reasons for my giving the ā€œovernitesā€ is twofold ā€” one is that it offers a simple way for me to bribe the many people who have viewed my thread, possibly gaining votes for when i wish to join the forex hall of fame, alongside such greats as george sorros, hubbard oā€™neil and popeye !

second, i was short of posts to become an honorary fxperson and had completely run out of ideas to post, having already given my all on the earthshaking decision to actually trade a different currency.

third, and this is of absolutely no REAL interest to me and mine ā€” if you SEE what i pick as an ā€œoverniteā€, pretty danged soon you can do it yourself, and if you can do it yourself repeatedly, you shall make a ton of money and if you make a ton of money you can contribute to my election fund the next time I want to run for president of someplace !

BUT, i swear that is my ONLY agenda, at least for this week ā€” next week could easily change cause right brainers dont think that far ahead !

just name your first million after me (even a middle name will be OK !)

ENJOY and trade well

mp

Well Iā€™d like to be part of the vocal majority and say that Iā€™m absolutely honored to have had this opportunity to learn how the markets work. Thank you MP!

Iā€™m at work today and can do nothing more that watch the markets move. But even then Iā€™m placing my hypothetical trades and watching them hit. Its kind of like looking into the Matrix and just watching it breathe. Iā€™m glad that there are a few other students that know what Iā€™m saying.

The other downside is that Iā€™m back to my 5am shifts and cannot place those midnight trades until I go back onto evening shifts again. Someday though Iā€™ll do nothing but trade for a living. I guess Iā€™d live like a cat. Eat when I want, sleep when I want, trade always!

Cheers!

PS - if anything here looks funny its because Iā€™m posting from my blackberry in a bouncing truck. I think Iā€™m motion sick nowā€¦

Hey Everyone,
I made the edit a BB indicator last week to make a double bands indicator and forgot to post. Actually I was going to try and get some AutoLRC and Bands on the same chart, but after a few nips and tucks, it froze my terminal.

Anyway, here is the double bands indicator. One is 20 period, the other is 50, both use 2 deviations.

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
//|                                            Husky_DoubleBands.mq4 |
//|                      originally band.mq4 by                      |
//|                       Copyright ļæ½ 2005, MetaQuotes Software Corp.|
//|                                       http://www.metaquotes.net/ |
#property copyright "Copyright ļæ½ 2005, MetaQuotes Software Corp."
#property link      "http://www.metaquotes.net/"

#property indicator_chart_window
#property indicator_buffers 5
#property indicator_color1 LightSeaGreen
#property indicator_color2 LightSeaGreen
#property indicator_color3 LightSeaGreen
#property indicator_color4 LightSeaGreen
#property indicator_color5 LightSeaGreen

//---- indicator parameters
extern int    BandsPeriod=20;
extern int    WBandsPeriod=50;
extern int    BandsShift=0;
extern double BandsDeviations=2.0;
//---- buffers
double MovingBuffer[];
double UpperBuffer[];
double LowerBuffer[];
double WUpperBuffer[];
double WLowerBuffer[];

//| Custom indicator initialization function                         |
int init()
  {
//---- indicators
   SetIndexStyle(0,DRAW_LINE);
   SetIndexBuffer(0,MovingBuffer);
   SetIndexStyle(1,DRAW_LINE);
   SetIndexBuffer(1,UpperBuffer);
   SetIndexStyle(2,DRAW_LINE);
   SetIndexBuffer(2,LowerBuffer);
   SetIndexStyle(3,DRAW_LINE);
   SetIndexBuffer(3,WUpperBuffer);
   SetIndexStyle(4,DRAW_LINE);
   SetIndexBuffer(4,WLowerBuffer);
//----
   SetIndexDrawBegin(0,BandsPeriod+BandsShift);
   SetIndexDrawBegin(1,BandsPeriod+BandsShift);
   SetIndexDrawBegin(2,BandsPeriod+BandsShift);
   SetIndexDrawBegin(3,WBandsPeriod+BandsShift);
   SetIndexDrawBegin(4,WBandsPeriod+BandsShift);
//----
   return(0);
  }
//| Bollinger Bands                                                  |
int start()
  {
   int    i,k,counted_bars=IndicatorCounted();
   double deviation;
   double Wdeviation;
   double sum,oldval,newres;
//----
   if(Bars<=BandsPeriod) return(0);
//---- initial zero
   if(counted_bars<1)
      for(i=1;i<=BandsPeriod;i++)
        {
         MovingBuffer[Bars-i]=EMPTY_VALUE;
         UpperBuffer[Bars-i]=EMPTY_VALUE;
         LowerBuffer[Bars-i]=EMPTY_VALUE;
         WUpperBuffer[Bars-i]=EMPTY_VALUE;
         WLowerBuffer[Bars-i]=EMPTY_VALUE;

}
//----
   int limit=Bars-counted_bars;
   if(counted_bars>0) limit++;
   for(i=0; i<limit; i++)
      MovingBuffer[i]=iMA(NULL,0,BandsPeriod,BandsShift,MODE_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i);
//----
   i=Bars-BandsPeriod+1;
   if(counted_bars>BandsPeriod-1) i=Bars-counted_bars-1;
   while(i>=0)
     {
      sum=0.0;
      k=i+BandsPeriod-1;
      oldval=MovingBuffer[i];
      while(k>=i)
        {
         newres=Close[k]-oldval;
         sum+=newres*newres;
         k--;
        }
      deviation=BandsDeviations*MathSqrt(sum/BandsPeriod);
      Wdeviation=BandsDeviations*MathSqrt(sum/WBandsPeriod);
      UpperBuffer[i]=oldval+deviation;
      LowerBuffer[i]=oldval-deviation;
      WUpperBuffer[i]=oldval+Wdeviation;
      WLowerBuffer[i]=oldval-Wdeviation;
      i--;
     }
//----
   return(0);
  }

I know what can i sayā€¦I learned my lesson though no more staying up all night longā€¦Iā€™m still shot. I couldnā€™t resist the irresistible lure to scalp pesos on the 1m, with the 400+ spread it was quite challenging.

Dear G-D ā€” how does one measure DEDICATION ?

although that peso is a hard trade, isnt it great when you beat the odds and make your first 12 cents ?

love youse peeps, just not sure why !

mp

I finally finished reading the whole threadā€¦

great to have you on board alma, but you MUST learn the secret handshake FIRST !

this madness is great !

mp

I was angry when i saw this staring at me but as the day goes on I have to wonder at how much HATRED one person can have against another who they have never met, interacted with, or had anything to do with.

I dont know if youre simply the ā€œhatchet manā€ for some others on this site or have taken it upon yourself to simply hate me this much, but as the day wore on the trading was too good, the mini snow storm has left my valley white and wonderful and my hovel is warm and as snug as possible ā€“ the company here is stimulating and fun to be with and i have a lunch date with my youngest daughter in just a few days.

I have NO reason to continue my anger and would welcome you to this thread if you actually have questions or even answers, as you can see for the past 35,000 pages there is no anger that comes forth ā€” simply a give and take with information that can be used or left sitting on the bench ā€” its of no matter to any of us !

I do like people who respect me, but not a single one, except in the most joking manner, regards me as anything more than a crusty old trader with a modicum of experience, which in my limited manner, i give forth freely !

a CULT would be for a much younger man, with a ā€œfire in the bellyā€ libido to be a messiah or dictator ---- cant say any of that appeals to me, especially as so many recent CULT LEADERS are ending up in jail these days !

So come over here, as you did during the night, and ask ā€œWHY do you say thatā€ or ā€œwhat happens if this happens ?ā€ or any other questions you may have ā€“ i may or may not have the answers, but i promise not to force you to take magic mushrooms, or anything stronger than an aspirin ---- heck, were even monagomous around here which is sorta dull !
[B]
Cā€™MON DOWN ā€“ the waterā€™s fine ![/B]

enjoy and trade well

mp

Dear Sir,

It has recently been brought to my attention that there are those out here in the vastness that disagree with your methodology, terminology, strategy, and wonderfully kind hearted nature and willing to help even the newest of newb with any question that is put before you.

I would only like to remind you of something you once, and not so long ago, advised me on. Kill them with kindness, always be yourself, and have fun. If they canā€™t handle the pressure, let them deal with their own failures. Envy is the fruit of greed and I know you will enough to know that your trading is far beyond either of those.

To those of you who take yourselves way to seriously, I would strongly suggest either learning your chosen field much better before crawling out from under your cardboard box and throwing stones, or, and yes, I prefer or, go find something you can do successfully. If you have a problem with independent traders helping one another with a good hearted nature and sentiment, go find another place to fling boogers at one another.

Good pippin,

Chubs

EURUSD

OK, so the trend was down, but itā€™s a new week. I saw the inverted head and shoulders pattern finishing on M15. I also saw there was a bit of a gap to fill from last weeks close. I went long.

Now it is starting to slip downā€¦pretty much just like it did two weeks ago. :expressionless:

What do you think guys? Is it going to take all week to fill the gap like last time?
ā€¦Is it even going to come back enough for me to close at entry and break even (2608)?

Domo arigato gozaimasu

2593 is the 15 min bottom LRC ā€” breakdown will look bad but you should be fine although suffer some drawdown ā€” take a look at the H1 or H4 chart for resistance ā€“ it will go up !

mp

sincerest apologies peeps, but the yahoo chats last nite, plus the indian raids on our home base during the day, were more tiring than i thought.

did something i havent done in a while ---- quick trades on the one thru 15 min charts with a newb.

heā€™s one of us, though a bit reluctant at times, and his original question was on ENTRY SIGNALS, if i remember correctly ----- the question was most interesting because, although ive said it a number of times, it actually dawned on me (an ahaaaaa moment) that i DONT HAVE ENTRY SIGNALS !

probably not the best thing to say in the land of PRECISE thinking peeps with all their ā€œratiosā€ and other accounting junk, but my SYSTEM, if one were to call it such is a combination of the time of the day and what is moving UP or DOWN !

WE HAVE ALL THE TOOLS to tell if there is strength in a move, so thats exactly what i do ! If its later in the night, I look at the H4 and see if were moving UP or DOWN ---- nothing SIMPLER ! THEN i look at barrys thingie, the accumulation, the stoch and the trend of the DSS and [B]if its UP i simply take the trade as an overnite[/B] (the H4 doesnt pay off if treated like a scalp, after all !)

I think he got the idea as to why i push some s+r lines, like prior days high and low, prior days close and todays open and the daily pivot. He had a chart that showed daily, weekly, monthly and probably yearly pivots, with their associated s+r points, and he REALIZED that the little thingies we use simply HAVE ALL THAT STUFF INCLUDED in their little computer generated brains.

OTHER WORDS, i would call a resistance area based on barrys or the price channels, the bols or a hangnail and he would say something like ā€œah yes, the MONTHLY pivotā€, which was a wonderful thing, but who cares ?

IF ITS RESISTANCE than by golly its RESISTANCE and giving it a name wont help me make money, and being a greedy old capitalist, i want money ! (ok, so give it a name if you want to ā€“ perhaps something like ā€œhappy landingā€ or ā€œcapitalists coveā€ or ā€œline in the sandā€ or something colorful but ā€œpivotā€ sounds like something a ballarena learns to do !)

so i gave him the GJ overnite and didnt post it and woke up this morning to a few trades of over 100 pips move.

while trading the short term trades, i saw the price moving up to the pivot but i got CAUGHT (because i was busy chatting with him, most likely, although it certainly could have been my own stupidity !) and the price took a DRASTIC DROP (ummm ā€” hate to be in on those) so we SHORTED the drop and he and i HELD THE LONG with NO sl.

now i dont like having brought someone else into those conditions, but a quick look at the 15 and 60 showed the up trend to still be strong, just a retrace was all.

i guess he kept breathing ok, so he took a conservative profit on the short and by golly, NOT HAVING BEEN STOPPED OUT ON HIS LONG, he took profit on that also and we called it a night !

hope he took the overnite for its over 100 pip move and ill probably find out tonight when he comes back and asks me to show him ā€œthat thing the McGivers taught you last weekā€ cause he had NEVER made out that well during the night trading and i think he likes it !

the wagons are still circled but weve got automatic weapons and heavy artillery which the earlier settlers didnt have, so FORT MIKEYS MILITIA appears to be protected pretty well at the moment.

where in the world, legal or not, can a human have as much fun as right here at baby pips ?

REMEMBER your years at school here ā€” youll never get them back !

enjoy, see the humor and trade like the evil capitalist SOB you really are !

mp