Mt4 or Ctrader?

From my exp, MetaTrader platform is much more popular with MT4/MT5 and every broker support it. I also work with both MetaQuotes team cTrader and they are both great company with dedicated staffs. You should try both platforms.

WHat is that?

1 Like
  1. MT4
  2. cTrader
  3. MT5
1 Like

Most common is mt4. Ctrader is limited to brokers that offers it. I prefer mt4 personally.

I only know Pepperstone that have it and I don’t like them

1 Like

Never used mt5

1 Like

I’m not sure what’s been happenning back in 2019 but at the moment over a dozen top fx brokers offer cTrader. I recently got interested in the platform and found FxPro and Fondex to offer best trading fees with cTrader. FxPro is more popular broker, but Fondex has got better spreads and fees overall.

1 Like

I have tested all the platform available in the market, im now stick with Ctrader and TradingView for faster risk management and advanced take profit.

what’s the point to move to cTrader? As far as I see, the functionalithy is about the same with Mt5.

Maybe the brokers mentioned don’t offer mt5?

True. Technically the indicators, order entries, trailings, etc - they are very similar as both platforms tried to include everything the trader might ever want.
The differnce is the reputation. Try googling for Virtual dear plugin to see what I mean.

Holy ■■■■! Did MT really allow this plugin to happen?
In this light it really seems appropriate to start choosing not a broker but platform.

cTrader has lots of third-party plugins for auto trading. But the key advantage here is the automation section. It’s based on c# programming language, which is much easier than both MQL4 and MQL5. Plus the process of automation is easier thanks to the drag-and-drop approach.

The number of EAs for MT4 is much larger in the store. That’s because many brokers use MetaQuotes, so the number of potential clients is also huge. The only issue might be in the complexity of installing plugins into MT4.

I am using MT4. It works well for me because it is very user friendly. However, one should not choose MT4 only because it is popularly used. You should check what suits you and what work for you. You can try demo accounts of various platforms and choose accordingly.

mt4 is used by most brokers and most people, so easier to get help with

True on the one hand. The other side of the stick is there is more scam going on within the MT4 infrastructure. Third party plugins, trading robots and even brokers make use of MT4 numerous vulnerabilities.

I started developing my own algorithm thanks to the cTrader platform. I just take my favourite technical indicators that have proved their efficiency. It’s essential to use a combination of them and write all of the conditions and what-ifs down.
Buying someone’s bot is not for me.

I’d go for MT4. MT4 is the most popular trading platform, and there’s a reason for that. Most brokers have integrated the MT4 trading platform into their system. This means even if you decide to switch brokers, your trading platform knowledge/familiarity won’t be compromised since most brokers also offer MT4 trading platform.

Mt4 is the best platform for trading. I also had the same question but after a discussion with one of my friends, he recommends me, and now I'm happy with his advice.

Hello guys
I’ve read a lot about algos, and I doubt they can be efficient in the long run. Bots do not use fundamentals and psychological impact on the price action. It’s possible to trade in one way for some time, but what if market conditions change? I prefer manual trading, and cTrader is a much more powerful tool for that.