Mt4 or Ctrader?

I prefer CTrader personally

Can I ask why?

for me it is MT4

Ctrader has more features, but I love the simplicity and reliability of MT4. I do all my charting on TradingView anyway

Well, yes, it depends on the volatility of a currency pair. Like 10 pips is acceptable range for EUR/USD, while GBP/JPY could easily have a range of 30-40 pips. Itā€™s a bit wide for a short-term intraday approach but if you target a 200-pips movement, then itā€™s worth increasing the chances of a profitable entry rather than missing a lucrative opportunity. You should always keep in mind the previous price action when applying the breakthrough strategy. It happens that market players build a technical pattern before breaching a strong support or resistance, while a fundamental event acts like a trigger to push the price action.

It is MT4 for me, it is commonly used and trusted

If so, then why wouldnā€™t you just open a trade by the market price in the same direction, targeting the breakout, instead of waiting for the trigger?

Thatā€™s a question of likelihood. The breakout might or might not happen. But if it happens, then the price action could accelerate, pushing the price below/above the strong support/resistance as a lot of stop-loss orders and sell limit orders can be absorbed during the rally. If you open a trade by the market price, you could get stuck with a losing deal if the fundamental trigger does not support the breakout.

Stop limit orders can be also used for the mean-reversion strategy. When you are trying to catch a falling knife (ahah), itā€™s better to operate with entry price ranges rather than an exact quote. Reversals also happen in volatile conditions, so itā€™s almost impossible to predict the exact reversal price, while ranges give flexibility in that regard.

Since I'm a scalper trading mostly with currencies in forex, the MT4 platform is the best option for me because it is mostly used for forex trading, and with simple trading features, it is easier to trade.

Do either of them have free replay button or more time frames for free than you usually get?

Use trading view for that

If that was response to me, it is not free on Trading view.

better on there though than just a broker isnā€™t it

As I said it is not for free.

Iā€™ve only used MT4 itā€™s reliable and easy to use .I canā€™t offer valid criticism on Ctrader must see what the fuss is about