MT4 security, who knows?

Hey, guys, I’m a bit freaked out about the security risks of using MT4. I mean, what if some hacker dude steals my account info and wipes out all my trades? Has anyone else had any issues with MT4’s security

Weird, I was just chatting about MT4 on my thread.

@flamingoproxy nd @Trendswithbenefits ave some interesting info to share.

1 Like

Hey there! I understand your concerns about security risks on the MT4 platform. However, MT4 is a trusted and widely used platform that implements several security measures to protect user accounts and data.

To keep your account secure, use a strong password, enable two-factor authentication, and download MT4 from a reputable source. Keep your software up-to-date with the latest security patches and updates, and avoid suspicious emails and links.

While there have been rare incidents of security breaches on the platform, you can reduce the risk by staying vigilant and practicing good security hygiene. Overall, MT4 is a convenient and reliable platform for trading, and with basic precautions, you can trade with confidence

3 Likes

hello
i use mt5 and i am happy about that
i choose hard password so hackers can not come to my account but i scare now
is this happend to people? in their mt5 of course
tell me please

If your broker offers a different platform to MT4/MT5, I’d use that. I went for MT5 because I read everybody saying how MT4 was the place to be for traders and MT5 is a newer improved version.

I think it’s a really outdated and poor environment. On the plus side the coding side of it is very similar to C++ which I’m familiar with, but I’d choose Trading View if your broker offers it or cTrader. I’m actually tempted to close my account and move over to cTrader, but I can’t be bothered to remake all my custom indicators and EAs again.

2 Likes

I am using mt5 since weeks ago, I think something like that can’t happen.
But I suggest you switch to mt5 too.
Since it is the last version it might be more secure and harder to be hacked

it is always a good idea to have a proper information about various trading platforms offered by your broker. While many traders recommend MT4/MT5, it’s important to remember that they may not be the best fit for everyone.

If your broker offers other platforms such as Trading View or cTrader, it’s worth giving them a try. Based on personal experience, the commenter feels that MT5 is an outdated and poor environment compared to other options like Trading View or cTrader.

1 Like

Ctrader is light years ahead of any of the Metatrader platforms… Updates almost every 6 weeks…

How to Convert MT4 Indicators to MT5

MT4 & cTrader Conversion Tool(1)

Click on the pics to access FREE conversion software… I can grab any algo from the MQL5 site convert the logic into C# for the Ctrader Platform…

Saves writing a shiteload of code…

I know it works for MT4… MT5 I’m not so sure…

3 Likes

I’ve just opened a demo account with cTrader to get used to the platform. It’s so much better it makes my head hurt that anybody recommends MT4 or MT5.

Lots to get used to, but can’t see anything worse so far

1 Like

I’ve been saying this for years now… And you get to vote on improvements to the platform Win, Win!

2 Likes