Mt4 showing bar charts instead of candlestick

hi ,

this is a very noob question but pls help me

why is alpari uk Mt4 charts showing up as bars instead of candelsticks , even when i go to charts and select candlesticks its still showing bars… pls help
i want all my charts to open up as candlesticks default…

and one more thing is it possible to drag the chart window out of the mt4 plaform window ???

2 Likes

Right click in chart window & increase the magnification. (Zoom in)

7 Likes

is it possible to open up the charts as candlesticks by default instead of (alt+2) everytime ???
i tried changing the proerties of the chart to candlestick under the " common " tab
dint help at all

and i wanna know if its possible to drag the chart window outside the MT4 to the desktop … like “open link in new window” instead of opening in new tab" in a web browser

bump… Nobody ???

Set up your chart the way you like it. Just do this on one chart first. Then save the template. Right Click --> Template --> Save Template.

Give it a name and then any chart you open new, just right click --> template, and select your creation. Easy way to set up your charts the way you like them

MT4 should keep your settings after you close and open it so long as you don’t close the individual chart. The template will be saved permanently.

and i wanna know if its possible to drag the chart window outside the MT4 to the desktop … like “open link in new window” instead of opening in new tab" in a web browser

Unfortunately, MT4 is the constricting zone where a chart can be open. You can’t move a chart out of the MT4 window.

9 years later and this helped me! Thank you

LOL! Then here is one more hint: If you select the default.tpl file and overwrite it with the template you have set, every chart that you open after that, will be directly loaded with your settings so you won’t need to load any template :wink:

You just saved my life. I have been battling with the same issue for the past few days

This answer helped me 9 years later. Kudos to you.

Ha ha ha; I just noticed the date! It’s Oct 2019! More than 10 years now!

11 years later and this helped me… Thank you!