MT5 vs MT4 backtest result is different?

Hi, i created a sample EA just to test the backtest of both platforms. My concern is the result. MT4 shows at lost while MT5 shows at gain. It would have been understandable if there is a minuscule difference but at two opposite end is unacceptable.

Anyone experienced this? Which result do you trust most?

Does any did an experiment like, run a demo account on both platforms and compared their corresponding backtest result to which is more reliable/accurate?

Most seasoned traders will tell you that all they really want from a trading platform is something that is reliable and easy to use, intuitive, and doesn’t crash.

Aren’t we all want that? In any case, I think MT4 and MT5 are both acceptable, just needed to be approached with care. Its just that they show somehow opposite result when I tested a backtest, hence my confusion.

Both of the platforms provided by on broker?
You can try to test with Forex Tester to get the third independent result. It works with the same data format, as MT platforms.

It will be quite interesting to find out where is the difference. Something with execution?

Yes they are the same broker. My observation was that there are more and taller spikes of high/low (H1 timeframe, high and low) in the MT5 vs the MT4. year tested was in 2000-2008.

I tried re-downloading the MT5 data for it might be an error, but still it shows more spikes. Thus having triggered stoploss. Seemingly MT5 looks more noisy but it is at profit. Another luck/random result I guess.

Did anyone notice anything else?