Multi time frame analysis

Hey, so I trade the 15 minute time frame using the 1 hour for my trend detection,15 minute time frame for trade set up an use the 4h for simply just plotting any major support and resistance levels in. Just wondering if this is the right way to do it. Thanks

There’s nothing wrong with this strategy. Keep in mind, the longer the time frame the more accurate your analysis is going to be. I’m long term so I plot my major S/R zones and general direction on the monthly and weekly using solid lines, then I’ll go down to daily and draw S/R zones using a dotted line and also draw any Chart patterns in the daily and 4H timeframes. For entries I use 4H an 1H.

1 Like

@jbradshaw1995

I dont think there is a right or wrong way. My only concern with the method you outlined is that because of the elevated noise on the 15min chart, im not sure that the higher timeframes in particular the 4hr can be of any use to you when trading the 15min. Just my opinion, I could be 100% wrong.

Best of luck to you

Hi jbradshaw1995

Perfect :ok_hand:

Similar to what I do. Although I plot support and resistance on the 1 hour chart and look at the overall long term trend as well as support and resistance on the daily chart.

Cheers

Blackduck