Multi-Time Frame Trend Trading

Swing trades, set up usually every week. If something drastic happens in the markets, which seems to happen often these days, we may get several set ups in a week. They run days and occasionally weeks.

Position trades, set up about one a month. The average length of the trade runs about 6 months. The longest I’ve held is about two years.

There are many ways to enter these trades. Tymen’s CBL is just the best I’ve found, so far.

I use a 15 min stoch filter on my trades. So I only take the trade if the 15M stoch fast line is over the slow line in the direction of the trade. That keeps me from entering a trade that has a major reversal bubbling up from below.[/QUOTE]

Thank you graviton!

I’ve to admit these few months i have learnt so much about forex, the techniques and entries, exit that im baffled.

I sincerely wish to express thanks to all whom have contributed greatly to graviton and tymen’s thread. Without the participation of the masses I believe we all would not have achieved as much as we did today.

I’m real sorry of not contributing as I just finished my exams in may and after which start catching up the remaining of the thread.
It’s been an awesome journey and I hate to say, that it’s coming to an end soon.

Graviton, thank you for your patience with newbies like me. I’ve never seen anyone who got to the lengths just to clarify a little tiny bit of details. I’m glad to have know you.

And do count me in for the next exercise! Cheers :slight_smile:

I didnt find little doji extreme candle.
Can any one please post the chart?

If an extreme candle touches the outer BB, check to see the trend of the daily chart. If it’s setting up a CBL in the direction of the daily chart trend, good. If the weekly chart trend is in the same direction, better, but not necessary.

:eek:

Is this the grail?

Go over some charts over the last 4 weeks and see how many entries there are, how many losers, how many pips were on offer, and how little time you would need to spend to catch them.

It is mind blowing.

Is he referring to the 4HR for the first TF?

Hi NorwegianBlue :slight_smile:

you are like a snow on my mind
do you think we can add next lot on the next extreme candle that is in direction of daily trend?

I guess then TF is closer to the DTF then less ‘wip sauces’

What you guys and gals think? Going short on GBP/NZD using CBL on the daily (sell at price 2.1300). Weekly trend is down. I did this yesterday on the 4hr and made 2 hundered pips. Exited 2 lots as the mid BB was going aginast the trade at mid BB point.

The doji I was speaking of is located on eurusd H4 at 12:00 on May 25 2010 on my chart market time. It would be right at the bottom of the swing touching the outer BB.

I don’t believe I have GPB/NZD listed as a cross pair with my broker. I guess some have it and some don’t.

I love it when a plan comes together :smiley:

Watch audcad for a set-up today on H4, maybe. H1 is good now if you want to get in early and try to walk up to H4, but only if H4 sets a good CBL, otherwise settle for small pips off H1.

The doji formed at 12:00 on May 25 2010 is not extreme candle (even doesnt touch the band)
what is the bottom of the swing :confused:

That’s the way it looks on my chart. Please post yours so I can see what you are seeing.

A little while ago we had what I think is the first live test run on [B]Merchantprince’s [/B]desktop share whiteboard.

I have purchased a microphone and everyone could hear me. :slight_smile:

[B]Mastersafe [/B]guided me to how to use the live transmission and everyone could see the charts live!! :slight_smile:

We will be looking at a live trade shortly. :slight_smile:

So this is now an open invitation for the rest of you to come and join us!! :wink:

Looks like now H1 might form a new extreme, so patience will be advised on this trade for now. The M15 Stoch filter puts a temporary hold on this one for now anyway.

Note the pretty head and shoulders pattern now forming on eurusd H4.

Thanks for the invitation. I’m running errands this AM, but I encourage everyone to join in the white board presentation :slight_smile:

Possible up position trade set up forming on audnzd daily chart :wink: