Multi-Time Frame Trend Trading

Its great idea to wait for extreme candle to break the lower BB for uptrend

or for extreme candle to break the upper BB for downtrend :slight_smile: :smiley:

cordite, how have you traded before learned BB DNA method?

Badly :wink:

Nah, in all seriousness I used to use oscillators, MA and global trends.

Was a poor system that worked out about break even over time. This of course is better than a system that loses money, but for the work involved (used M1 or M5) it really wasn’t worth the effort.

BB DNA and MTFT provides me the chance to have less stress, whilst still riding some nice ranges should they present themselves.

Of course, much demo trading is required before I go live, but that’s no biggy.

have you ever heard how some traders use trap for both pairs EUR/USD and USD/CHF using their correlation?? they some how using orders every 5-15 pips in both directions?

Not something I’ve come across, got any more info sources?

I wish! It looks smart to me

Actually this sounds vaugely similar to the Cat and Mouse trading system shown in this forum a few threads below this post. That uses correlation between the PA of EUR/GBP and USD/CHF (I think).

You might want to check it out.

It’s not something that would fit with my trading style (up to an hour sat staring at the screen, I’ve not got the time for that now-a-days), but you might find it suits you nicely.

Good luck.

Yes, Cordite did an excellent job of answering this question. Very precise, as all of Tymen’s work is.

Without exception I use Tymen’s entry methods. I was using short TF’s today to demonstrate how to use the BB DNA in conjunction with MTFT. Tymen came into the chat room! He gave the 5 lot system his official stamp of approval. The MTFT is just a fancy way of answering the question, Which trend do I trade with? The answer is, the trends closest to the TF you are trading, and the more trends going in the direction of your trade, the better.

Is the pair analysis getting easier for you now?

I will take a look thanks.
Actually the trading style that could fit to me best is “set and forget” :slight_smile:

Oh, the point I wanted to make was that BB DNA makes LOTs more pips on longer TFs. Since the 5 lot system requires long trends, it also makes LOTs more pips on longer TFs. It’s just difficult to demonstrate those things to people if you have to wait for hours for good entries. I’m testing a variation on the BB DNA system that does yield more good entries. at the expense of a few more stop outs, but it’s not quite ready to roll out yet. Maybe I’ll have it tested by the time Tymen comes back from his move. I hope so.

Note that the two best pairs we found as a result of our pair analysis over the weekend was USDJPY and GBPUSD. I traded both of those on the open with the 5 lot system and made 100 pips Sunday night my time, US CDT, Monday Morning Aussie time. Actually very good for that time period :slight_smile:

Then you need to trade on 1 hr or 4 hr time frames. Lots less fussing with stuff. If you learn all the tricks of your platform, you can set the 5 lot system up with planned entries and tp and sl as soon as you make entry. then you can go to bed early and sleep soundly, knowing everything is already taken care of for you. You wake up in the morning with 200 pips added to your account. A nice wake up. Practice it in demo.

yes, with your skill of explanation its much easy. I have to practice everyday.
:slight_smile:
Graviton, does your system use take profit orders or its must be under the management all the time while trade is open?

can you show me how? what tricks are you talking about?

Graviton.Which pairs had you have the most success with in the long run?

thank you.

Yes, where are you? Aussie time? London time?

For London trading only, use 15 pip stops and 30 pip TP’s from entries. a new lot is thrown on every 15 pips, and a tp is hit every 30 pips profit (but still 15 pips apart) as explained in my 5 lot system post. For London + NY session, use 20 pip increments, for after NY session, and before London open, use 12 pip increments.

1 Like

I’m not sure what platform you use, but these are called conditional orders. say for a rising market you will use, buy stops to enter, so it will buy at a preset point. You can then set stop loss and tp to engage if and only if the conditional buy is executed.

Typically, you can type your platform name, like Onada and conditional orders, into u tube and there is already a video there showing you just how to do it.

Majors most. Comdolls second most, popular crosses, third most. Most success on 30 min and greater TF’s.

Reread my post on 5 lot system. You will see it is just a ladder of entries with sl and take profit orders every 15 pips. The only trick is you skip the first tp to move the sl to be. Study it, think about it, draw a picture of it if need be, and then you’ll see what I mean.