Multiple take profit levels

@CHANCYKIBOMBWE as you can read from the replies it’s always each to their own. While I am still very much a beginner that is an important topic to me and I have done a fair bit of analytics. IMO the answer to your OP is that it very much depends on where you decide to take your half exit. Having run expectancy calculations on different strategies I find that on one, part A misses out by about 0.05R compared to part B and there I think it is too much R/R to sacrify. On another strategy part A is only 0.02R short compared to part B and there I think the psychological benefit is welcome at such a small cost.
If your approach calls for frequent trades taking profit in tiers brings the added advantage of freeing-up some margin for new simultaneous trades. Hope that helps.

1 Like

If needed, you can set two TPs. But remember that this position will initially have the same stop-loss price.

1 Like

I wouldn’t do that as it would significantly affect my risk management.

Thank you so much, but how can i split my position into two? I’m new here please explain to me, i really want to know how to do it