My $2.00 Journal

10:30am

Long-1.3514
Short- 1.3480

Short was Hit, Now I set Long Limit order to 1.3485 ( Old short, + 5 Pips )

Also, Short Limit @ 1.3465

I use the Stoch at ( 50-3-3 ) and RVI 200,

if the stoch is below 30, Then it most likey will go up, so I want to set my Short Limit 2 pips Lower then Last low, Just incase of Who the heck knows, Just a catch barrier for the run away train, i guess you can say, even tho, movement mostlikely will be up,

This is a work in progress,

OK, Here is a walk thru Of my Set-up,

Its 12:00, Or 30 minutes From Last Update,

Then We go to next phase,

I go with ST and Hugh, money. I’d suggest focusing on only the market with your setup and on your account with money/risk management. If you mingle that together, it might not become a disaster, but decrease performance.

Ok, now there is only 16 pips in Blue area, So scalping is done, now I set Sell Limit at 1.3466 and Buy Limit at 1.3487,

Hey Folks, Getting the feel for this system, up 5.5% today so far, Just chippin away,

Update later,

doing well moneynvrsleeps, is this full time?

Thanks GoldenMember, Yes, it is full time, But now, with my setup, I take just 2 mins each 30 mins, Thats the plan anyways, Trying to break some habits, getting there…

Hope you had a great week of Profits, and Have a great Weekend,

My EA isnt running to bad either, Just needs some tweeks, I had my sL set to 7 again last night, and lost some on a few trades… Then, had a few manual closes, and of course, MT4 and Oanda dont mix to well, and missed pips from waiting on Oanda…

By next friday, it should work pretty good. Im aiming for 10 pips and hour with it…

Following this with interest but have had to ‘un focus’ from forex briefly due to a fair bit of traveling and distraction; hope things work out and it sounds like you’ll get this to work really well at some point.

I’ve found that consistency is tricky; it’s more a factor of patience and discipline than anything else for me. Also: time of day. I’ve been focusing on learning asian session trading lately, when I’ve had any time at all.

Ultimately, the relentless and the careful will get the pips…

Hey Folks, Still here…

Well, the micro account, has a balance of .83 cent I think, I havent traded real yet this week,

Here is the plan now, Im running with my $100 demo, and concentrating on this contest Im in this month. If I can beat 100 other traders, and win this month, it proves something to myself.

I am going to get my system down 100%, and by Feb, 1st, making deposit of $500

I did hit my 10% last night, ( 11.7% actually) and 10% is still the goal daily…

You can follow my progress if you like on myfxbook,

$100 to Wealth System | Myfxbook

Im reallyyyyyyyyyy working on patiance… Letting the market come to me, instead of chasin it, and just hrowing down trades… Its not going to happen over night, and I cant make it happen over night, so, my aswell go with the flow, LOL,

Ok , have a good week everyone

Hey Traders, not to bad today, Had a $5 loss, and its my fault, but still up 4% for the day…

Felt pretty good with my system, took the day nice, easy, and picked good entry spots, all in all not a bad day,

OK, keep rockin it

Firstoff, congrats on the 4%. Now, see how long you can hang on to it.
I’ve watched this thread ever since you posted it, and want to help if I can.

Let’s take a good, hard, honest, look at things here.

Do you realize how impractical it is to get 10% a day EVERY day?

If you are going to shoot for the stars, 10% a week would still be a mighty high target.

10% a week is more than 520% when it’s compounded annually.

I know you have a plan, but sometimes to aim high, you gotta start with something attainable, and work towards it. Trying to get that 10% daily will wind up being discouraging, and quite expensive.

Keep in mind, I’m in no way one for conventional thinking, however I am ALL about [B]practical[/B] thinking.

And 10% a day by anyone’s standards is unsustainable for any duration.
It needs either maxed out margin, or a zillion trades a day. Both are impractical.

Just try to break even for a week, then try to get 1% for a week, and so on.

Learning the patience to wait for your best setup will eventually pay off greatly. But until you have enough chart time to spot those, don’t overload yourself with the burden of a static goal.

Just sayin’ :slight_smile:

Cheers! And best of luck in your endeavor.

Hey Master Tang, thanks for the input, and thanks for reading…

I can tell ya one thing, I seem to have grown over the last few days, and Im SEEING the Pair with a differant vision… I reallllly put he brakes on my trading.

And again, OANDA MT4 is Horrible… Near impossible to scalp, With a 15 second to 3-4 minute lag between execution and post of trades.

I can actually say, I lost about 30 pips, JUST from the slippage… There were a few trades, KNOWING, I could get 10 fast pips, ( Pretty good at entry on last tick high or low before reverse) and I was ready, CLICK, PAUSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, Still waiting, there goes 6 pips, 8 pips, 10 pips, then trade posts, and PA stops, and reverses, now Im stuck holding this trade, when It should have been In and already Out by the time it finally posted.

SO FREAKING ANNOYING,

So, 80% of the time, I know My entry, IS on point, but knowing that this platform is hit and miss, its scary…

I have to change my approach because of this, which is maybe a good thing, but when my scalping is on, ITS ON. And I couldnt really even call it scalping, Its just good entry spots for some good pips, so it tends to get discouraging…

Then, even if I want to set The TP and SL, There is the dang lag again,

OK, will be back later, no need to get all crazy already this morning… Time to put work in…

Definitely rooting for you, some of my earliest hits to my demo account was from when I wasnt using a consistent system so its nice to see another person trying to learn the same skills.

I have a live account with Oanda as well, I’ve used their own(non MT4) software and didnt have anything like the problems your describing with slippage. I wasnt as thrilled with the charting potential/modification ability of it but its something worth trying anyway…

Hi Hamno, Thanks for reading,

I do use Oanda Java for real account, but Im going to be honest, I dont like it, but it is far better, with no problems, its just, I grew up on MT4, I get swagger on MT4, LOL…

But, I’ll be the first to tell ya, its all in my head, just looking for excuses, lol…

MT4 does lag for me, but isn’t 3 to 4 minutes an exaggeration? But MT4 is no good for rapidly fading moves for 5 or so pips, it just doesn’t work that way.

Hi GoldenMember,

Sometimes, I even get " Common Error",

I have used other MT4 Platforms, Like Jawhana or whatever, and it NEVER lagged, it was very very fast… Im just using Oanda, because I was going to use them in the future.

But, then, I get these scattered Balance updates, and it deducts from my account, for no reason, that I can see…

I should look for another, because, really, its annoying and detrimental to my game plan… I cant have that, not with my style of trading…

If you look at my fxbook, there are manyyy .5 pip profit trades, when really, they were meant to be 3-4 pips, and that includes the spread.

I also have my EA rolling prety well, and would most likely use it in the future… It runs off my strat perfectly, so far made 14 trades perfectly… Thats up 14% since yesterday morning, for my contest im using it…