My automated trading experience

The news thing is definitely something important, so much so, I’m considering preventing the automated trading when news comes out.

I’ve done something similar to you - I scraped the economic calender websites and saved the facts and figures. So the Prev, FC and Act. I then tried to correlate these to movements, with undeserved optimisim, and nothing really came out. Sometimes they move, sometimes not.

Did you find anything?

Hi!

Regarding the name, no idea, I’ve just seen it a few times :slight_smile:

The method is as you say.

Imagine pair X has a price of 100 and our window is 5.

• Bot starts, window is 95 - 105
  • Bot crosses 105, places a buy with SL 100 TP 110
  • Bot crosses 110, leavey buy open, moves TP tp 115 SL to 105
  • Price reverses, bot swears.
  • Prices crosses 105, Bot closed the buy for a profit from 100 - 105 and opens a sell with TP 100 SL 110
  • Price drops to 95, TP now 90 SL 100

etc etc.

It seems like a simple golden ticket, but the reality I think is rather different.

Any kind of ranging causes massive losses, and of course you need to shift the limits accounting for the spread.

Where it can be really powerful is quick trends up and down.

Right now, my process is to simulate the past X days on a whole set of windows for all pairs and collect results and analyse them not just by gain / loss but also by time of day.

In addition to that, the windows adapts during the trading process depending on previous candles.

Again, like the other system, I’m very 50/50 on it.

If you have better luck, let me know!!

Hello everybody! I accidentally discovered this topic, and what I certainly did not expect is a really good post! I’m glad I found this information, because I wanted to improve my system for a long time and this is exactly what I needed. I’m also thankfull that it’s two whole systems. I will definitely try both of them and choose the one that suits me the most. Thank you author!

Do you know what a myfxbook.com page is? :slight_smile: It is a free site used to view a trade’s performance.

Hi, can you suggest me a sample code for test a strategy with Spectre.AI API?
Thanks,
Silvio

Hi

I just checked their documentation and they have example code for every request, have you looked at that?

Is the free tier of AWS good enough to run 1 instance of CTrader? I’m currently running my bot on NewYorkCityServers and it is costing me around $75/mo

May I know which broker do you use? And how is the testing of numerous strategies every week increases chances to show good performance of the strategy winner next week? I mean what’s the purpose of this step (underlying idea)?

No idea, why not try it? I have b no idea what cTrader is :slight_smile:

75$ / Month is expensive for a VM.

I also use Digital Ocean.

I use a few different brokers, it depends on the interest rates and swap prices.

The strategy testing is to try to identify which pairs are currently most suitable to trade using the systems the bot comes up with.

A hypothetical example:

Pair X has moved between 1.0002 and 1.0003 in the last four weeks.
Pair Y has moved between 1.1000 and 1.9000 in the last four weeks.

Clearly trading Y makes more sense, X is not moving.

The system is trying to see which pairs are behaving well for what it is doing.

I tried AWS free tier for CTrader and it is so painfully slow and hangs all the time. Absolutely useless

cTrader or AWS is useless?

AWS free tier is low performance, however I’ve had my full web trading setup running on it with no issues. That includes dash, analytics and bot trading.

I have no idea what cTrader is.

I prefer Digital Ocean, though, but that’s more because there are some issues I have with Docker deployments on AWS.

AWS is useless since it ccannot handle one instance of CTrader. CTrader is the fancier trading software compared to MT4

Hmm. Or CTrader uses more resources than it needs to, maybe? I prefer to build my own things, so I wouldn’t know.

As I said, I’ve had a full stack running on there with no issues.

All the best finding an infrastructure that can take CTrader, good luck with your automation!

The ctrader platform is quite good compared to mt4, but it is slow processing for the device because it consumes a lot of resources, but it is well worth the trade off.
AWS is expensive because they offer cloud vps and are very quality :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi, I am trading on the New Hope Inside Expert Advisor. Here are my results.
Login 829748 password:NewHope123
server:** FPMarkets-Live - 2027 GBP MT5

Hi @anon29729695 it seems all the images were redacted, do you happen to have your code on Github as I would like to try it on a demo account and my broker provides me with an API option.

Cheers mate !!

Yeah I tried both but I like MT4 more despite its obsolete design. For me it’s faster I use VPS with Hotforex to make some scalping trades with automated software I think it’s better than manual trading.

I did not find. and I just got the message “invalid account”

login : 3000003 - password: NewHope123 - server: AmanaTrader-Real (MT5)