My Basic Chart Analysis Method

Though I can’t read your charts correcly but it looks like you also use some moving averages other than PA’s…

Curious… been following pinbars on charts and would like to confirm if my reading of current PA is accurate.

I would enter at the break of the high on pin bar (aggresive)
Massive confluence of upward Fib and suport levels and an even number.

Looks like the perfect pin to me if it closes 50% or higher of the previous bear canle. But because its developing in what looks like a trend reversal and poor support at previous high makes me think that this is a false signal.

I’m a total noob looking for feedback on my analysis.

Thanks
:rolleyes:

I am also a newbie here… Is it a daily chart or H4 ? It looks like a good pin bar because it meets the following IP characterstics. Especially it meets 1,4 5 & 6. It meets ok on 2 & 3.

1.Open & Close must be with in the left candle
2.Open and close should be close together (the closer the better)
3.Open and close should be at the end of the candle (The closer the end the better)
4. A long nose that stuck out of the left eye (the longer the better)
5. The high or low, depending on the direction, also should be within the left candle

1. Should not be trafiic - no sideways market…

hello there. where can i find the method detail? thanks

Thanks for your response Cprao.
That cleared up some of the confusion.

Still waiting on a break through pin high (blue box)
I work full time and will have to get rest soon.

I’m going to put a SL buy order above the blue box (break of daily pin) 80.60 (above psych 80.50)
Stop at 79.0(Even # and bullish pin on 1hr roughly 100 pip)
TP is hard as i will be sleeping but will probably target 100 pips or more if im still in trade when i wake up.
1:1 RR :S

Of course this is demo and am still practicing MM.
Please dont take this as a signal… This is a demo trade…

Please google “james16 group pin bar method” I’d post the link but am not sure if it is against forum rules.

don’t think so~ :slight_smile:
http://forums.babypips.com/free-forex-trading-systems/27030-james16-pin-bar-analysis-2.html

woke up this morning. Trade triggered (+46 pips) moving stop to BE and going to work.

Bah!
I got stopped out at BE should’ve taken my pips this morning. But i guess thats the risk of trading while working.

hi everybody
phil, thanks for the manual.
i was looking at the charts practicing the trend lines setup. i came across this situation, and i would like if you or someone else could comment on this situation.
the picture attached is eurusd from 6pm gmt today.
first of all, are s/r lines good?
second i noticed that r1 line influences second trend. can this help (or spoil) our setup or analysis?
i think this is a good example to comment, since almost all the charts that people show (including yours :wink: ) are “school examples”.

thanks very much, and i hope that volume 2 of your book is on its way :smiley:

I don’t see any S+R lines on your charts. The trendlines look good, although I would move the lower one up a little.

I usually don’t draw S+R on a 30m chart because it’s a little too “noisy” for my tastes, but if I had to I’d draw it like this…

As you can see there was a perfect setup a few hours ago for a short trade. It could have made about 300 pips with a 230 pip stoploss, although in real life you probably only would have gotten about 250. But still it was a pretty good trade! :smiley:

Volume 2 of my ebook got put on hold. I was in a car accident, broke a couple bones, and was away from trading (and Babypips) for about a month. I’ve only been back for a week or so.

I do have it written but I still have the editing and screenshots to do, which are the most time consuming parts.

i meant trendlines, not s/r. sorry :smiley:
sorry to hear about the accident. i hope everything is ok now. health comes first, we can wait for the book
thanks very much for the comment :slight_smile:

Can when you see an opportunity show it to us and we can discuss it together?

thanks for your help :rolleyes:

I’d much rather discuss an opportunity that you (or someone else) sees.

Learning to pick out good trade setups is an important skill. If I do it for you you’ll never learn to do it yourself. :slight_smile:

If anyone sees any good setups just post a chart. I’ll tell you whether I like it or not and why. :smiley:

hey phil do you only use the system in your book to trade, you dont use any EA , OR other programs to help you

hey phil do you only use the system in your book to trade, you dont use any EA , OR other programs to help you
:smiley:

What’s in the book is 80% of my trading method. I use other things, like chart patterns, momentum, and statistics, but whats in the book is my bread-and-butter.

I don’t use any programs to help me with this method, unless you count MT4’s alarms and Excel spreadsheets. :slight_smile:

what do you think about this trade? i took long this week on the G/Y @ 150,51 my target is the orange zone

i attached the Daily and the H4 chart

What do you think about this analyses?

I’d call that a slightly better than average setup, it’s not great, but it’s enough to make it a good trade… except for one thing. It’s NFP Friday!

If you’d have asked me this morning I’d have said not to trade it, because of it being NFP Friday, but it looks like you survived the whipsaws and are on your way to profit!

Even though it worked out for you I still don’t think it’s a good idea to trade so close to the NFP. A spread increase combined with the 175 pip in 15 minutes move GBP/JPY made could have hit your stoploss if the pair hadn’t move up quite so much before the report.

Other than that… It’s a great analysis and a good trade! :slight_smile:

There’s a good lesson to be learned from this setup…

A perfect reversal candle forming right on an S+R area! Great trade setup, right?

Wrong! This candle was caused by low activity, not indecision. It happened because of the bank holiday in the US. You can clearly see this when we throw a volume indicator on the chart.

Notice that the 12:00GMT 4H candle is the most active candle of each day, but this so-called reversal candle has little volume compared to normal 12:00 candles. This candle could be a false signal, so it’s too risky to trade in my opinion.