My Basic Chart Analysis Method

It’s coming (I promise!), but it is running way behind schedule!!

I’ve been away for two weeks, which is a week longer than I originally planned, so I’m running behind on everything.

Also, I’ve been getting tons of PMs about other writings or bloggings I’ve done, and questions about the trading room I’ve been considering, so I spent a couple days before I left working on those things, since I though they would be much more helpful to people than the second part of the pdf.

I’ve got a website/blog 99% built and ready to go, and I’ve got the trading room ready. Also, thanks for the DimDim suggestion, s050399b. I went with them and got a great conference room for 50 people for only $20 a month!

I’ve been calling it a Live Trading Room because I didn’t know what else to call it, but what I’m actually hoping for is a Live Practice Room. The software I got gives me the ability to basically present charts from the past, then you guys can practice drawing trendlines, finding S+R zones, etc and you can see the outcome of the trades in a few minutes instead of hours or days. I think it will really help a lot of you out. :slight_smile: I’ll call trades in the room, and we can follow along with live trades, that just won’t be the primary purpose. I want to teach people to trade for themselves, I do NOT want to be a signal service.

One thing though… This is a hobby for me, not a business, so please don’t expect the room to be open 12+ hour per day every day. More along the lines of 2+ hours per day three times per week. :slight_smile:

I’ll let everyone know the schedule and link to the room/site next week, and I do plan to rotate the schedule so no one is excluded because of time zones.

wow phil i think its great you are going to mentor and help teach people. doesn’t it feel good to give back?

I want to encourage you to take as much time as you need and i think even 1 hour 3 times a week is great and people are blessed that someone such as yourself cares enough to help them out. most of us wouldnt even dream of putting a live room together and a blog and a website. We all owe you a debt of gratitude. I am certain i can learn from you i like your pa style :smiley:

people out there take note
it is very extremly important in this industry who you learn from. i want to urge you to check phil out it is obvious that he is an excellent trader with great ethics too. there are plenty of shisters out there who are to ready to take your money and in return give you crap.

for a veteran trader to take the time to take you guys under his wing is applaudable (is that a word ) Just remeber when its your turn do the right thing and give back and share your experiance with other new people.

enjoy your weekend, john

Million thanks to you Phil, I can’t wait to join the trading room. :slight_smile:

Vow !! What a great opportunity for us to learn trading quickly and easily!!.. Thank you very much Phil. I am in a PST zone and 9-5 job holder. Even If I get one hr live practice with you in a week that will reduce my lerning curve, I believe, by months…

Hope you had a great vacation . Thank you once again for your service.

Phil

Please consider a post for trend lines only… your fundamental rules

Thanks

dave

Thank you mumpips and sandpipper for the welcome!

I have spent the last few days continuing to learn as much as I can. I have learned a lot about your suggestion john.
This week I will try using a new method…a combination of S+R lines, candlestick patterns and price action without any indicators. I think it is more important to use first a method which requires using your brain and understanding of how this market moves and why.
Because Phill’s method is based more or less about the same idea, I will upload three books which are talking about this method in details…maybe it can help a few of you cause at least it was helpful for me (I have attached them to this post).
Edit: I see Phill had opened a separated thread about the NickB method…sorry lol.

The writer of these e-book made a 4 hours video course explaining in details and live examples his method he presented in the e-books above. The course costs 115$…I thought that if the course is a file which can be copied, maybe we can make a group purchase. Read the book first and see what you think.

By the way, I have read an amazing helpful book this weekend about the connection between emotions and trading. A 11 years old e-book…I really think it is a must-read book for every stock or forex trader.
So I just wanted to share it with you guys (attached as well).

Phill, I realy appreciate your right to help others, I will be waiting for the trading room…God bless you buddy :slight_smile:

Ben

nickbmethod.pdf (476 KB)

nickbs+rlines.pdf (90.7 KB)

The NickB Method Master Candles.pdf (64.9 KB)

Larry Lewin - The Secrets Of Emotion Free Trading.pdf (485 KB)

There is a possible trade setup forming on GBP/JPY. If price does reverse soon it would be a trendline and S+R zone bounce!

Remember not to just blindly set a pending order but to watch the candles… This is only a possibility, the price could move in the other direction! :slight_smile:

Which domain name and hosting did u go with?

One question: it’s already showing that it’s bouncing away from the trendline? The latest open candle on your chart is already outside the trendline?

ETA:
is it a bet that price will be contained in the trend channels?

Do you ever remove S+R zones?

I went with godaddy for the domain name and hosting.

It’s already gone too far up to be considered a trendline bounce if it does reverse now, but if it goes back down it’s still a bounce of the S+R zone, and off the 155.35 S+R line in particular, so it’s still a good trade.

Since it’s gone up 100 pips since I first noticed it I’d move my entry up to 154.30. Everything else (SL, TP, places to watch for reversals) would still be the same.

Remember though, this is all hypothetical until a bounce actually occurs. We’re just planning “what ifs” right now. :slight_smile:

Yeah, if price starts completely ignoring a previous S+R zone I’ll get rid of it, but that’s very unusual. S+R zones usually keep working for years.

They do migrate over time though. I move my zones up and down 10-30 pips all the time as new bounces occur right above and right below old zones.

hope u didn’t pay much for the hosting? less than $5 per month?

Usually we will get a different host, so we will not be held hostage to a domain name provider.

I’m with justhost.com; I got it because of it’s “unlimited features” - but I’m really using it for URL redirecting - unlimited!!

Yep, $4.99 per month. Plus I got the domain name for $1.99 by paying for 3 months of hosting in advance!

The domain name can be configured separately from the hosting, so if I end up wanting to move my hosting I can do it. :slight_smile:

wow! good deal!
is it .net or .com? Usually .net or .something new will have such promotions~

I went for reversal last night (12 hours ago) on EURJPY, and USDCAD, the EURJPY is a winner, and USDCAD seemed to be stuck is losing?..

did i misinterprete the charts/candlesticks?

ETA:
I have close position for USDCAD for a few pips profit, didn’t feel that it was going anywhere.

Now, I am betting the reversal of GBPUSD.

Am I on the right track as to reading candlesticks by NickB’s ebook? Orange is entry

This is the part on his ebook which he says grouping candle reversals?

That EUR/JPY reversal was an excellent trade! Good job spotting it! I’d have entered it had I seen it, but I don’t usually follow that pair…

What did you base the USD/CAN trade off of? All I can see is a long wicked candle. I don’t see any S+R, trendline, or anything else that would indicate it’s a good reversal trade.

Did you trade it off the candle pattern alone?

yes, I trade it base on candle pattern alone; but it didn’t move anywhere, so I closed it after 15 hours for a few pips profit…

Was the EURJPY reversal on a treadline or S+R? I didn’t know…