My Boomer Wish ... To Get Good At Forex And Become Less Boring

Greetings

I am a babyboomer who has discovered this community quite by accident really. I owe it to my son who has been at forex for 11 years now and often leaves me very confused. Although I have dabbled just a bit, I still consider myself a novice, generally ignorant with no clear game plan. Hopefully by taking it slow and absorbing all that I can, I will develop a skill that can help support me through retirement.

I believe that this is not just a young man's game and that anyone can prosper. I live in Ontario Canada, married, with 2 girls and a son. Shackled with paying back student loans I would love to introduce my daughters to what could be life changing ... instead of just working a job

I hope to share life experiences, learn and share all that I can about forex and participate in life fully. It's a fascinating world. You may have noticed that I am apt to run on at the mouth ... sorry. But thanks for reading.
2 Likes

Hi PipsyMan.

I share your belief trading is not just a young man’s game. But how are you finding retirement? Three years in, I still can’t make my mind up.

What’s the best things about living in Ontario?

Did student loan thing just at america?

In my opinion forex is just about risk management and probabilty.

Nothing wrong with a job mate. You dont need to think, read or learn anything knew. Just turn up 9 to 5 and you get paid in the end. Forex trading is not the answer to financial freedom, it’s like a job but can be very stressful if you’re new to it. So take your time and start with a demo first. Good luck :+1:

Hi @PipsyMan. I like your spirit but age has nothing to with trading forex; at least not until senility sets in. :smile:

Many will try and rein in your ambitions. Don’t let them. Resolve to becoming a master trader so that your son will come seeking trading advice from you. :blush: