My broker TIXFX will not let me withdraw money - trying for past 6 months

Hello,

Last year I got a call from a TIXFX representative that they have managed fund services and can trade on behalf of my if I deposited money with them quoting a requirement of only a 500 USD deposit. I initially deposited 1000 USD and they made 1250 in the first month of trading but soon, I kept getting repeated calls pushing me for depositing more dollars. when I did not add to my account they stopped trading for me and my account was dormant for about 4 months.

Late last year I got multiple call again seeking a deposit of atleast 1500 USD for them to start trading on my account again. I thought lets give it a shot and deposited the same. They initially made about 4200 USD but suddenly went the trading went into a tailspin and margin calls were starting to be made. So I manually closed about 20 active trades that were in my account at that time and saved around 1500 USD from vanishing altogether. Now, 1546 USD is my balance. I have been trying to get them to send my money back but they are repeatedly saying that I need to upload one document or another. When I emailed them that all the documents have already been uploaded, there is no reponse.

I have been emailing them since January 2017 and no luck.

Can anyone help tell me how I can get my money back?

Thanks,
noob2734

Can anyone help tell me how I can get my money back?

Where are they regulated?

Well I couldn’t find any information on their website about regulations, meaning they are not regulated. That matches also with what is described in some portals for brokers comparison. Since they are not regulated I am not sure that any institution would be able to help :frowning:
That brings me to the following question: Why would anyone deposit money with a broker based on one call without doing some research before that?
It took me less than 5 min to find the negative reviews describing the same situation as yours: TIX FX reviews
IMO you are never getting any money back from them.
However I wish you good luck :frowning:

I dont know why they have refused to send you your money. However, from what you have said, which is your own side of the story, they aren’t in the business of helping traders make a living out of Forex.

The fact that they pressured you to deposit more funds even when you have about 1000usd, is a sign that that are a scam looking to gather as much money they can from traders. A real Forex broker will never pressure you to deposit more money. What a real broker does is call to remind you only when there is no money on your account.

In the future, I suggest you stay away from brokers that call you on phone to deposit more money. They are greedy and too desperate.

Also, send them an email that you will post your experience on FPA, and other review websites across the internet if they don’t comply. Also, find out what country they are registered and licensed. Get the email address of the licensing office and send your complain.

Yes, after Forex.com question, I noticed that they have not given much information on their website regarding their being regulated.

And to answer eyedfondue, yes, it was my mistake to just invest based on a telephone call. It was stupid of me. Although what I have represented here may look like ‘my’ version of things, it is what happened and I have really tried to tone things down so I do not misrepresent facts.

But, I would like to get back my money and would like reasonable suggestions on how I can go about it. I recently learned that they are owned by Jedi Marketing except in the european union area. Is there anything I can do to legally push them? I do realise that I am not cash rich but I would definitely like to do my bit in a clear and transparent manner with regard to this scenario.

The Legal Disclaimer at the bottom of their website lists the following line…

Jedi Marketing ltd uses and operates the TIX FX brand and tixfx.com domain globally except within the European Economic Area.

Services Company Jedi Marketing ltd, 71-75 Shelton Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2H 9JQ, UNITED KINGDOM

If anyone else is also affected by tixfx please post here and we can take it forward.

Thanks,
noob2734.

@noob2734 Have you been paid???