My first 2 trades since starting over. Any thoughts?

Hi insane,

I’m known as a debater, it helps me understand both sides of a discussion. Can you clarify as to the statistics to which you are referring? I’ve never seen a “lost trade” so can you explain what that means?

Everything below Daily is just a smaller scale and the trading needs to be scaled down appropriately. I can scalp 2-3 pips all day on the 5min timeframe. i would never look to take a large target (more than 10 pips) on a 5 min chart. They are there and can happen, I’ve had some 20-30 pip winners on the 5 min chart but that’s not what I’m looking for. I look to scalp 100pips a day in about 60-90 mins.

If I was trading the h4 or daily then I would be looking for incrementally larger take profits prob 20-100 pips, but that is not what I focus on. I would also use much larger stop losses. It’s all relative. That’s why I’m confused about the statistics you are using … I trade forex and the e-mini and stocks. Forex is the most consistent for me. But that doesn’t mean that anyone can’t specialize - You need to pick the TF that works for you. Timeframes are all related. it takes five 1 minute candles to build a 5 min candle. Twelve 5 minute candles for the hour, etc. There is always price action on every candle on every TF. You have to create a system that is profitable that fits your style. If you don’t have an hour or two to sit and work through 5 min candles and watch, then yes you prob need to go to a larger TF and place and forget.

As for the 20k investment, I can say 15k of the investments did not pay off, but the last 5k is more than gold. :slight_smile:

I’d love to share info, let me know what info you are looking for … :slight_smile: Have a great day!

1 Like

Give the market enough time to work in your favour!

1 Like

30 min timeframe is good enough if you know what to do.
Play with smaller pips.
30 points!!!

1 Like