My FX Journey... From Dream To Reality

I was just watching this trade from the sidelines. Fingers were crossed for a bearish move tho’.
Looks like an inverse H n S now, or am i the only one seeing it?

Thank youuuu! :smiley: I watch the daily charts. :slight_smile: I actually got stopped out for this trade. :sweat_smile: Oh well, better luck with the next one I guess! :sweat_smile:

DAY 116 UPDATE (WEDNESDAY 17TH JULY 2019)

Hey Journal…

Thursday here and how we doing?

STATS

No of Trades so far: 43

No of Active Trades: 1

Profitable Trades: 22

Losing Trades: 15

Break Even Trades: 5

Good thing I exited the Kiwi trade when I did as the pair did eventually moved higher and would have hit my stop for a full loss. However for the other open trade, we aren’t doing so bad as price did a nice mini U-turn today, here’s how it’s looking now:

Price has headed right back to into the minor support with some conviction this time. Again a daily close below that minor support is what we wanna see. It’s just two days to the close of the week, wouldn’t it be nice to have this sailing down to TP on a Friday :slight_smile:? It sure would.

And that’s how things stand MId-week.

How’s it going so far for you guys, already hit your profit target for the week?

DAY 117 UPDATE (THURSDAY 18TH JULY 2019)

Hello Journal…

Thursday here and how we doing?

STATS

We got a new low on this pair today as seen on the chart. this is now a free trade, I did move the stop to break even to secure the risk amount.

Here’s another pair I’m keeping an eye out for a possible Friday trade.

Nice pin bar forming on key support zone on cable, I might be getting long on this one in the coming hours.

Nice thread What time frme is d4?

Oh that’s just the 4 day chart @naruto98.

DAY 118 UPDATE (FRIDAY 19TH JULY 2019)

Well hello there Journal…

Friday’s update sure took it’s time coming in lol, but that’s basically due to a combination of the facts that it’s the weekend, there isn’t much to report and I was feeling particularly lethargic on market Friday close.

So even though there isn’t really much of a change (typical for a Friday you’d say I’m sure), I’ll just do the usual and drop in the official update for the day:

STATS

Stats remain the same… and…

I could say that charts remained the same as well but that wouldn’t be actually true price wise though as price did retrace back a bit before dropping back a few pips to close the Friday bullish.

No new potential trade set ups though so we’ll have to wait and see what Monday will has in store for the trading system.

How’s the weekend going for you guys, balling?

is there reason for 4 day Chart not one Week ?

DAY 119 UPDATE (MONDAY 22ND JULY 2019)

Hey Journal…

Who’s happy the weekend is over? :slight_smile:

I’d be pleased if this week turns out pretty active, right now though, no cigar. So that leads us straight into the stats which for the moment remain unchanged.

STATS

No changes on the stats end, but how’s the charts looking, any changes? Positive? Negative?

Let’s take a look at our current lone ranger shall we:

Little difference right? Yep, that’s how it is right now. Surely it’s not gonna keep dragging it’s feet around forever now is it? And seeing that it’s a major pair, I have enough tolerance to bear the slowly accumulating swaps on the trade ha :wink:.

That’s how things remain at the moment though. I’m still watching that Cable pin bar I talked about the last time though.

@naruto98, to answer your question, there isn’t any specific reason for that, other than the fact that it allows me to see what price is doing over a span of 4 days rather than just on the daily charts.

here’s how cable looks on the daily right now:

Now here’s how it still looks on the D4:

You can tell at a single glance looking at the daily from the perspective of the D4 charts offers a bit more clarity on what price is doing at that level right?

It’s not common, but sometimes I merge candles from 2days upwards if I need a bit more clarity to support my convictions at a key price level.

Hope that helps.

I’ll be here tomorrow to talk about how the dollar yen is doing better or worse. Hopefully it’ll be the former.

Have a good Tuesday ahead guys.

i understand. Thank You for explanation.

1 Like

DAY 120 UPDATE (WEDNESDAY 24TH JULY 2019)

Hey there Journal…

So sorry I missed the Tuesday update. Maybe I really should stop being lazy eh? :thinking:

Right but here we are with how Wednesday turned out, or didn’t turn out.

There’s a bit of change in the stats as we’re now fully out of trades. Here’s what happened:

STATS

No of Active Trades: 0

Break Even Trades: 0

So after a few days of poking at the minor resistance shown below, price headed back up to take us out at break even. I should’ve closed half position when price went down a bit to the minor level but I only had opened half the usual position so I decided to leave it open. No gain, no loss. And we live to fight another day the this pair.

POSSIBLE EURUSD LONG

I’m keeping a close eye on the EURUSD here for a possible long entry or a clear break and retest at the 1.11200 key price level. Price formed a double bottom here back in April and May and is right back at the level once again. We’ll see if we can get a trade out of this one.

And that’s how Wednesday went for me guys. No trade, no action but a good setup to watch out for.

See you on the other side of Thursday Journal.

1 Like

Just dropped by to wish you luck for the rest of the week @macilme! :blush: Promising setup. :thinking: Good luck! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Aw, nice! Thanks @ria_rose for the wishes. Hopefully you’ve been bagging them pips too so far this week? :slight_smile:

1 Like

DAY 121 UPDATE (THURSDAY 25TH JULY 2019)

Hello Journal…

So it’s Thursday and there’s something to be happy about hehe :slight_smile:. We got a new trade set up!
Yesterday we I talked about how I was watching the EURUSD pair for a possible trade at the marked zone in red. Well, turns out that’s exactly what we have, enough smoke left behind after the bullish fundamentals on the EUR today. Here’s how different the pair looks now:

A bullish spinning top right where we wanted to get in for a buy. Nice, except I don’t trade spinning tops per se. So I decided to take a look at the lower TF’s to see if I can find anything of interest and out came the BUEB you’re looking at below:

Nice right? I know. And coupled with the fact that If I had seen this ahead of time I would have set a limit buy just above the BUEB which would have gotten me into the trade as of now. Right now though, I’m getting in a little later, but also at a little better price because price has just reversed back lower a little giving me a better entry on this trade. So I’m in at market with my normal risk setting and here’s how it looks like now:

Let’s see how this plays out tomorrow and next week.

See you at the other end of Friday guys.

DAY 122 UPDATE (FRIDAY 26TH JULY 2019)

Hey there Journal,

So it’s Friday and we’re going into the weekend with an open trade. How’s it looking now?

STATS

No of Trades so far: 44

Break Even Trades: 6

How’s our EURUSD long looking on the charts:

Argh! Price drops even lower than our entry on market close. I’d be in a even larger drop if I had gotten in at the break of that bullish engulfing candle. But it is what it is, for now anyways.

I’m still biased on the long side on this trade though, so my entry is still valid. Let’s see what kind of jump, if any the market is throwing at this pair come Monday.

Have a nice week around here peeps.

See ya on Monday.

:wave::wave::wave:

Awww… Well… :sweat_smile: I got stopped out of my last two trades so I decided to take a break this week. :sweat_smile: BUT! I’ll try to make up for it next week! :smiley: Haha. I’m feeling more energized because of my break. :sunny: Haha. Good luck to us! :blush:

DAY 126 UPDATE (TUESDAY 30TH JULY 2019)

Hello…

This week sure started out pretty dull for me, no trades on this end on Monday, and nothing still on Tuesday. Will we see some fireworks before the week runs out?

STATS

So in the absence of any new trades since our last update, let’s take a quick look at what’s been happening with the we’re in on so far:

EURUSD BUEB LONG UPDATE

So the pair has finally decided to listen to the voice of reason and is now moving in our preferred direction :slight_smile:

half of the profits so far had gone away in the form of swap fees though, but we sure still have a long way to go. I’ll be watching this pair to see how it performs in the coming days this week.

Hopefully in the coming days we’ll have a trade or two along with this one as well…

I’ll hit you up with another update tomorrow Journal…

DAY 127 UPDATE (WEDNESDAY 31ST JULY 2019)

Hey there Journal…

Well look what happened!!!

Aack! Not what we wanted to see was it, If you we’re better positioned than I was you would have been watching for a break of that level seeing as price has been hugging it for so long.

But it is what it is, a trade loss but not a failure of the trading system.

I’ll be watching this pair closely, a retrace back to that broken level for a retest might give us a good PA signal to short the downtrend.

here’s another instrument I’m watching at the moment:

Something’s about to go down here, and I wanna be at the party when it does hehe :smile: .

So here’s the updated stats to reflect our last losing trade:

STATS

Losing Trades: 16

see you on the morrow journal.

DAY 128 UPDATE (THURSDAY 1ST AUGUST 2019)

Hey Journal…

And it’s officially another new month on our Journey so far :slight_smile:. How’s that for consistency eh? :sunglasses:

Unfortunately we won’t be signing into the month with a new trade today… nothing fires in line with the trading system.

If you were able to get in on the Yen pairs today though, please remember to send me some pips lol :smile:

@ponponwei how’d you fair ?

So stats remain the same as last of July:

STATS

Losing Trades: 16

My this month hold in store more pips for all babypipers out there lol.

catch ya tomorrow guys…