My FX journey, the road to ruin

This is an excellent exercise. And it is true it can be painful. You’ll probably ask yourself a number of times… Why did I take THAT trade. This speaks to the fact that a trading trading journal should be kept. This is one of the lessons I recently learned.

KC

BTW… I don’t think anybody’s mentioned it yet but you might want to head over to nononsenseforex.com. great sight, good videos.

4 Likes

Is there a particular page or article you recommend from that site that we should start with? :slight_smile:

I agree with the previous reply.
I did the same as you until I found the ANSWER - the Forex market is rigged.
All the rules do NOT apply. Please see the works of Steve Mauro, Martin Cole, Michael Storm on Youtube.
I am with Jeff at FxMindshift. Each of these try to play the Market Maker game.
Wayne, Australia

Another vote for Nononsenseforex. VP does a great job and helped me a lot.
@trolloc63 I’ll admit this is the hardest thing I’ve set out to do. But thru hard work I’m starting to see some success. I have been where your at. Thinking I’m stupid, buying courses and books, following “gurus”. The whole thing. The thing that’s helped the most is the experience I have gained on my journey. Picking up little things along the way and putting it all together. Stick with it, figure out what works for you and perfect that.

2 Likes

From what I have seen so far, that would be a good Forex strategy…

Find setups that follow a trend, and paper trade them…then look at what you have, and think where the market would need to zip down to on a 1 minute candle to wipe all those poor fuckers out.

Wherever that point is, is where you set your buy-in level…providing your bucket shop honours it and lets you in that is.

It might take patience, and it might be a very hard trade to take, bit when you hit one, you would be in the magabucks within minutes, if not seconds…again, providing your bucket shop chooses to let you in on their HFT bot’s corrupt crooked action that is.

I recommend his video on “The Big Banks”

@Cobar53 yes. That’s a good one.
The discord room is great. There is soooooo much information there.

1 Like

The only thing I can say is DO NOT give up if you want to be a forex trader.:slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

@ponponwei I would start at the beginning and do them in order. That what he suggests as well.

Everything builds on the prior lesson. They are pretty quick averaging about 20 minutes.

KC

1 Like

Please don’t be hard on yourself. First of all if you pay any of these so called professional trader’s courses - you will only be throwing away your hard earned money. Just think why these people are selling courses. If they were really successful traders, they will not be selling information that is freely available online. They are just lose traders who can only make money by scamming others. Now, you can get all the trading knowledge you want freely from the internet - if you care to do a a bit of research. The problem is not the trading knowledge or system. You can pick pretty much any method or system - including the ones freely available here on babypips and turn them into success as long as you learn to practice discipline and good risk management. That is all you need - I am speaking from years of experience and as a consistent trader. If you have any questions, I will be more than happy to help you.

5 Likes

Same Raynor who barely makes any money from trading. I know the truth. You wanna take his advise. Really?

A year of not being profitable in forex is normal because this is the stage of learning and making money should not be instantly your goal. Learn first to trade without blowing your account.

These are the skills you need to master in trading:

1. Risk Management (I risk only 1% per trade, dont over trade, only trade if you have a setup,)
  2. Trade Psychology (e.g. Fear of losing- its difficult to embrace your risk at first. You need to understand that you cant control what the market does and its all probabilities)
  3. Trade Strategy (During Backtesting I tested many systems and found out that there are no perfect systems. Each have its pros and cons. So why would we chase the Holy Grail that does not even exist. I stick to a simple Trend Following System and never look for other systems again.)

Hope this helps.

3 Likes

so u think 9 months is too long? ive been trading 3 yrs now and still not able to withdraw or make consistent gains probably i keep on hopping from one system to another and you probably too just pick one methodology and be master of it.

1 Like

I’m not making any comments about NNFX. I’ve watched several of his clips, they’re fine.

My comment is directed at the repetitive, repeated and uncritical (and strangely similarly worded) recommendations for his site.

1 Like

Plus you’ll see that I didn’t recommend Rayner Teo. trolloc63 said he was familiar with his work and I referenced Rayner’s style because he mentioned him.

Rich coming from me but don’t sweat it and don’t waste your time and energy. Fact of the matter is that these forums are highly seeded with fake accounts and posts. It is what it is. And it’s not rocket science to fathom it either. I saw all of those larger than life posts come streaming through re: NNF. Amusing. Not to mention hilarious one or two of them (and I’m sure you know to which one or two I am referring).

Amazes me how gullible people are though. Because it’s on YouTube it’s free. And because it’s free it must be good because the creator has no financial interest. Really. Those people don’t sit for hours and hours making videos for the fun of it. Those videos are highly monetized. ■■■■ me. You cannot even watch some old cartoon on YouTube nowadays without being incessantly bugged with pleas to “Like” or “Subscribe” and not to mention being interrupted every five seconds with an advertisement. I’m not necessarily saying that NNF is nonsense. Matter of fact I have posted around here about those videos and about one or two things which I believe are totally relevant as presented. But to go thinking they’re being produced because they have only your interests at heart and this must be the case because they’re free: oh well. Not to mention the fact that most of the stuff on YouTube usually ends with the creator then trying to sell you the “paid subscribers special for one day only secret sauce”.

2 Likes

Hi trolloc63

Believe me amigo, you are where over 75% of retail traders are right now and where I was for several years after starting out - I can relate to everything you have written here - I read it twice because I thought it was my post! LOL

You are much closer to ‘making it’ as a trader than you think

There’s a trick you must master to turn your trading around - it’s the trick successful traders accept but losing traders don’t see. Are they all stupid?

Heck no! They are not stupid - you are not stupid - but consistently losing money makes you feel that way for sure! - Shall I write a book - ‘How to lose a fortune trading markets’? Think it might sell? Hmm…

Sorry, I digress. So, what’s ‘the trick’ you need to master?

One of the biggest mistakes traders make after spending money on courses, learning new strategies etc is they believe they know what the market will do next

And, why not? After all, just spent 2 grand or more on a weekend in London to learn this stuff, right? Doesn’t that entitle me to know what the market will do next?

I thought that after I forked out the brass, but sadly no, it doesn’t. Sorry to disappoint! But don’t despair! You simply need to change how you think a little, that’s all!

Consistently profitable traders 'Think in probabilities’
What the hell does that mean?

It means they think over many trades - judge their strategy over multiple trades not on a single trade by trade basis That’s the trick you have to learn

They KNOW a percentage of trades their strategy identifies won’t work and have learned to ‘ACCEPT’ this fact.
They also accept the fact they have ‘no idea’ which of their trades will work and which of them won’t.

This leads to the next question…

How does a trader make money not knowing what will happen next in the market?

To become successful, you must think over at least 30 trades, controlling your risk on EVERY TRADE because you have no idea which ones will be the winners and which will be losers

Suppose over the 30 trades you risk 1% of your trading account on each one - when they work they make an average of 2% profit - and let’s assume only 50% of the trades work - that’s 15 winners and 50% fail - so 15 losers. Making sense? Remember, you don’t know which 15 trades will work and which won’t. Get it? But also remember - no one else knows either.
Can you make profit with a strategy like this? Let’s do the sums…

Over the 30 trades 15 winners x 2% = 30% profit - 15 losers x 1% = 15% loss

OUTCOME 30% profit - 15% loss = 15% overall profit across 30 trades

The moment you can accept the fact you have no idea what might happen next in the markets on a single trade basis and start to think in multiple trades, you will be amazed how your results will improve - trust me!

Any ‘fear’ you may have disappears once you accept this. Try a sample size of trades even if on a demo account - follow the strategy rules without hesitation or remorse and see the results for yourself.

Welcome to the profitable traders club!

Hope this helps amigo

12 Likes

What a crap post. First of all I said it was his kindle book that listed for $150, not the signals. And I was asking the OP how were the signals which is 69/month since he mentioned trying out Kou Lee’s materials. No I’m not really promoting nor looking to try it, I just want to know how scammy the material turned out be.

Indeed. A lot of these posts seem to be from shills trying to sell another course to the OP. I didn’t know babypips was that bad now. (first time back after years).

1 Like
1 Like

I’m new too. I m using UBCFX signals and found their recommendations very useful.