My Impression of Online Trading Academy

I’ve got to say, though, the Mises Institute guests they had on the show are genuinely smart people

who have plenty to say about the flaws of Keynesian economics… although this has little to do with

trading, it is not a hard sell for OTA, and it is good broadcasting… Things like Mark Thornton (Mises

institute) talking about his skyscraper index… I mean, that in itself is good value … but, of course,

I have not met John or Merlin…

All con-men are low-lifes. And every one of them is the nicest guy you will ever meet.

The whole idea of the OTA sales method is to be and do the opposite of the hard sell. Not all the commission sales guys do this though. Some revert back to their hard sell ways. But the training is all from the Sandler sales methodology. You do the opposite of what the buyer expects so their defenses go down.

John and Merlin’s job is to be nice guy traders who are helpful. They each make half a million a year. You look at them and think, “How could these guys be low-life con-men?” That’s the way it works. They are the front men.

[I]What you most need to know is that they are not traders and the OTA method does not work.[/I] Once you totally believe that you will see all, no matter how nice they seem to be.

There are about 100 discrete named psychological biases (see wikipedia). Everyone has them. They make us prey to con-men and con-men use them. One thinks that a nice person wouldn’t possibly take your money or lie. This is usually true but don’t be fooled into thinking it is always true. Nice guys can be low-life con-men.

Naive thinking is expensive thinking.

get your dreams fullfilled by only paying a few bucks!

isnt that how everything is beeing sold nowadays? :slight_smile:

Thank you, Banner, we get your point…

Anyway, if anyone is interested in Mark Thornton(Senior Fellow at the Mises Institute)'s

Skyscraper Index, you can hear him talk about it here:

Skyscrapers & Cyber security with Dr. Mark Thornton | Power Trading Radio - A Trader’s Perspective on Investing in Stocks, Futures, Forex, Options Podcast | Podcast Chart

Online Academy has NO data or studies to back up their strategy, let alone to back up day trading in general as a strategy. None. All they do is present anecdotes. Anecdotes are not a substitute for statistical data. It’s as simple as that.

Banner, I am a class action attorney preparing a case against OTA for targeting and scamming senior citizens. Please contact me to assist investigation:

William R Restis
402 West Broadway, Suite 1520
San Diego, CA 92101

619 270 8383

Can you please send me an email at [email protected] or call me at 312-768-0376 regarding your comments above? We are not affiliated in any way with OTA. We are a private investigation firm investigating OTA. We are not telemarketers.