My Introduction

Hello All,

My name is Eric, and I am completely new to the trading world. I got introduced to this brave new world through a friend who just recently started trading about 2 months ago. It seems to work for him, so I just want to learn and benefit from the process. I know this isn’t supposed to be a get rich scheme, but if I can earn some profit on the side, why not try.

Just a little background on why I want this to work so bad; my short term goal is to send my dad and uncle on a trip back to Nigeria to see our family. Its been almost 30 years since they’ve been back due to lack of funds. As far as my father’s children go, we have never been to Nigeria. As you know, time goes on, and people get older and in same cases, sick. Just in the last 3 years I’ve lost my grandmother, two aunts, and a nephew, all of whom I’ve never met in person. My other uncle currently in Nigeria is terribly sick with illness, and I want to make sure that my dad and uncle are able to see him before anything bad happens.

So that’s my little spill on why I want to learn this. Of course long term goal is to be financially free and have my time back. Any sort of help with this is welcomed. I look forward to trading with you all!

3 Likes

@KachiSoul93 Welcome to babypips and the world of trading!!! This has definitely been an interesting experience for me and I’ve only just learned about forex in January this year so I’m still new with 3-4 months in. I would suggest to go through the babypips course to grasp how to trade and learn the do’s and don’ts, read the posts in the forums, read some books to learn more about trading psychology and open a demo account to practice for some time before going live with real money. I like your story and would hate to hear you’ve lost a great deal of money when you have such a personal goal. It takes a while to learn and become profitable but it can be done. Practice, have patience and learn all you can!!

I wish you well on your journey!

1 Like

Welcome - good luck with your trading!

1 Like

Thanks for the support man! Yeah I plan to just take this slowly, go through the course, and back test with demo accounts until I’m comfortable.

Welcome Eric, good luck with your journey :slight_smile:

1 Like

welcome and very interesting goals

1 Like

Hello Eric! Thank you for sharing something about yourself. Don’t forget to start with the School of Pipsology. I wish you good luck on your trading journey.

1 Like

Hi Eric! :blush: I was really touched by your story. :cry: I think it’s super sweet and kind of you to have that as your goal. I really really wish you succeed! Just don’t give up! It won’t be easy, but it will be worth it. :slight_smile: I will always be here to cheer for you! :blush:

1 Like

Thank you for the support!