My Journey as a newbie trader

It wasn’t easy for me to go through the course, but I’m glad I stuck with it because I learned a lot of knowledge and wisdom that I can use for the rest of my life. It’s not going to get any easier. It got harder when I went into middle school. Keep up the good work.

1 Like

Congrats!

Like you said you’re starting to get to the interesting stuff now. All the indicators the school offers teaching of I must say I loved the in depth approach they take. Really giving the students the ability to dive into technicalities to your hearts desire really makes not just the indicator, but the general information on how indicators help worth every moment.

Keep it up man! Cheers! :beers: :beers: :beers:

1 Like

Yeah, the idea is not to look professional with over complicated trading style, but to be profitable in the long run.

Thanks @playwiththegods

Of course, I’m beginning to feel the weight the school intensifying.:grin:

Regardless, we move on.

1 Like

Thanks @RedEyeRishMan

I must give it to them, baby pips really did an awesome job putting up this level of material all for free.

This is way more than fundamentals.

3 Likes

Summer school is done and dust, proceeding to High school.:sunglasses:

And babypips do have the right words for every milestone crossed.

I’ve come too far to turn back or give up, already seeing myself completing this school.:man_student:t4:

Cheers to success.:beers:

3 Likes

You’re on the right path, friend. The main objective of any trader during the first stage has to be to gain knowledge, then experience, then doubling down on what you can do good and making better what you are falling behind with.

But does not matter what you trade, how you trade, how much capital you have, what level you are on… the markets are relentless and you always have to be a constant student of the markets.

2 Likes

Yes, the market always have some lessons to teach.:grin:

Thanks for the encouragement.

2 Likes

I must say, I’ve come a long way!

And for babypips, they sure know the right words to keep the boat rolling.:blush:

It’s been over a week now since I completed this number of lessons. Had to attend to some urgent matters.

But now I’m back to continue the journey.

It’s been amazing so far. That I had to confront one of the subjects I dreaded back in high school, economics.

The lessons under fundamental analysis were the ones I spent most time on. They were not as practical as the other topics where you can easily relate something to it.

But this was different, you just have to know how the big boys (government) roll to fully grasp the fundamental analysis lessons else it will be all be gibberish in your head.

I had to do more external learning when going through this course on fundamental analysis.

It was an eye opener for me, and I really hope to delve deeper into fundamental analysis after graduating.

It’s very important to take into serious consideration the happenings in the political, social, economical spheres when trading, regardless if you’re a technical analyst.

Because in as much history always repeat itself in terms of price action, the market sentiment is very crucial, as it can make your perfect technical analysis go south within the shortest period.

In all, learn all.

Let’s me get back to class.:grin:

Cheers to success :beers:

3 Likes

Good to see you back. I used to be intimidated by economics and finance until I went through the School of Pipsology. Now it’s fun for me. It amazes me how we can play in the global game of money by trading. :exploding_head:

Cheers to success :beers:

2 Likes

Awesome to see you’re back and the progress you’ve made!

I myself have just began to return after an insane couple of weeks.

I agree whole heartedly. It is fascinating to see how the economics of the world play into the trades one will make.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Thanks.

Funny how the paths to success are always littered with our fears.

2 Likes

Thanks, and welcome back as well😁

Yeah, that alone will make you run after news updates every now and then.

2 Likes

254 lessons down, 107 lessons to go.:triumph:

Lately I haven’t been consistent with my classes, and that’s not nice.

But I must say, babypips really out did themselves this time.:blush:

An all expense paid trip virtually around the world. Whoa!:hushed:

I guess you guys enjoyed the trip.

But it all happened in my head.:joy:

At least now I know a bit of some of the countries in the world I leave in. This serves as a foundation for me for when I start getting used to watching listening to world news.

It’s been an awesome journey so far, and I can’t wait to start putting to test all I’ve learnt so far.

In the course of this study, I’ve made some decisions, like the kind of trader I want to be, which is a “day trader.” I just feel it suits me, it’s just perfect for my personality.

I’ve also been jotting down what I’ll be testing to get a strategy or strategies (depending on some factors), the currency pair or pairs to focus on.

It’s perfect the next course for me is on trading plan. I think this will help put things in more perspective for me.

We keep grinding till the goal is hit.

Till then, cheers to success.:beers:

3 Likes

I remember reading the lessons on other economies thinking,

Man, places really do exist outside the U.S. huh

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I never paid the most attention in geography in school so it was nice to brush up with babypips.

Awesome progress dude!

2 Likes

Like seriously mehn, there’s a lot of things we may not know exists out there outside our territory.:joy:

But I can wait to explore those countries in real time.:blush:

Geography was even a fair one for me, economics was my “not again​:man_facepalming:t4:” subject.:grin:

Thanks.

1 Like

Gradually I’m coming close to the real thing, trading itself, getting to know the market as it it, from my view point, no more the book’s. It’s been an interesting journey so far filled with mixed emotions.

I’ll be graduating from the “school of pipsology” this week.

It’s amazing how such enormous work is out there in the “World Wide Web,” for free. The guys behind the school of pipsology have no idea the good they’re doing a lot of people. Is just like they’re running a charity organisation without knowing it.

I really appreciate them. 70% of my knowledge in forex as at this day, is as result of this school.

And I won’t be wrong to say either that, they are a major contributor to my success in my career as a profitable trader, because the school of pipsology is more or less one of the foundations I’ll be building my trading career on today.

GOD bless them.

Once I’m done with the graduation, my next line of action is to develop my own trading plan and strategy or strategies, afterwards, I’ll be testing my strategies with my demo accounts.

Cheers to success!:beers:

4 Likes

I felt a huge relief on completing this course on Saturday.

Only for me to be loaded with a bigger responsibility.

How this feels is like you being spoon fed for a while, all you had to do is open your mouth. Only for you to be pushed out to go hustle for the food.:grimacing:

Since graduation, I’ve been researching on trading plans, trying to see how others do theirs and how I can tailor mine to what I find out there to suit my style.

Now, it’s been more of racking my brain to get something out rather than get something in.:disappointed_relieved:

Regardless, there’s progress. Hopefully, in a while I should have my trading plan and strategies all set to take them for a spin.:sunglasses:

Also, I decided to stick to just two currency pairs, a major and a cross.

I’ll be starting a new thread when I’m ready to test out my trading systems, to record my overall success rate.

It’s a new dawn in this journey for me, and like always…

Cheers to success!:beers:

4 Likes

Congratulations, Ekene! :partying_face:

I’m glad to see that you graduated the School of Pipsology, and you’ve been racking your brain to come up with your trading plan.

I look forward to your new thread.

Cheers to success! :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

3 Likes

Holy Moly.

And here we are, graduated.

Congratulations!

I understand what you mean. Now that we are at this part it is time to sink or swim.

Even though it is only demo ahead at the moment, this is our part.

Time to get off the bench and come from the sidelines onto the field.

Looking forward to what you have Ekene!

Cheers to success! :beers:

3 Likes