My opinion on 19 year old FX gurus

I thought I’d write a quick few things about FX “guru’s” that may appear on such sites as Instagram advertising their services.

Now I’m not saying some aren’t genuine because Im sure some are phenomenal traders and mentors.

The main thing I’d look out for is their age. If you have some 19 year old guy who’s just dropped out of college and claims to have made a $million then there’s only really a few conclusions to draw.

Either Daddy gave him a few million to start with or they’ve used insane position sizing which we all know is really akin to gambling not trading.

Definitely do some investigating before you start trading someone’s signals and advice. :blush::ok_hand:t2::face_with_monocle:

Or even better take the time and make your own trading plan.

Anyway just my thoughts!

1 Like

HA so true, we have a trader on my other forem that claims to have found the holy grail, his post life story of six months ago aside from a difficult life he was homeless.

And of course now is saved by the this holey trading grail and $2,000 he wants to mentor you…

and he is getting takers!

4 Likes

Will probably be on YouTube in a few months driving a new Lamborghini.

If you can’t blind them with science, baffle them with bulls##t.

2 Likes

Business based on information, including lectures and so-called education becomes more and more popular nowadays. It happens in many sphere, so why there should be not the same in Forex?
Those, who are professional traders, might start education only when they have their own trading company to be able to delegate routine tasks to get free time for educational purposes. At the same time, if the “guru” spends most of the time on the social network promotion, you should make appropriate conclusions on his trading skills.
If want to invest in your trading, it will be better to buy books about trading (of course, we talk about serious books, not those written by “gurus”), or necessary software (for example, backtesting software like Forex Tester), or just upgrade your hardware to increase the performance. Each of these ways to spend money will be better than purchasing “educational courses from gurus”.

2 Likes

Good thoughts; same observations from me; you may see there have so many successful traders on social medias; they are basically good at Photoshop not in trading.

1 Like

In general I try to avoid listening to Forex “gurus” regardless of their age, or at the very least I am very picky about them.

1 Like

Haha very true my friend.

Thanks mate; & that’s the reality! This is why, I’m not concern on the trading community on social media.

1 Like

I don’t think I’ve spoken to a 19-year old since I was 19. (a long time ago).
Why would I?

1 Like

People should be very careful with self proclaimed gurus and other sort of experts offering huge money overnight. Forex is about discipline, learning and practicing and there is absolutely no easy or short way to become successful trader

1 Like

Oh my. Which forum is this if I may ask? I wonder how he’s doing now.

1 Like

They are all marketers, that is all!

1 Like

purtle, I deleted the guy, his data was as you may expect great and he had one student that appeared to be doing well. That sad he and his co-conspirators have be identified and removed from any further access. This was not on BP but another site.

1 Like

Ohh. Good that they acted quick enough to not let more newbies get scammed.

1 Like

Just stuff that’s too good to be true!

Don’t think these guys do FX signals groups but sports betting ones!

I do wonder what sports they’re betting on at the moment?

Also who’s showing off wads of cash and an IPhone 5? Who uses an iPhone 5 nowadays :joy::thinking:

its a very nice topic,I started trading by a Fx Guru but after passing a time , i invent him as a man of little knowledge in Fx , i spent lot of money and time on him due to lack of knowledge. it Fx Guru in order to me.

1 Like

Many are good salesmen, not good traders. Its a shame they’re allowed to do it.

Plus I’m jealous of their Lamborghinis :rofl:

Getting all that cash and don’t even have the latest device. Shame on these mere mortals. The forex gurus or gods all make me laugh. Especially the ones that brag showing you rented vehicles and properties. D

1 Like