My Price Action Trading Strategy

bro, don’t break my heart. this thread was the reason i still frequent the forum lol

Lol I know what you mean. But usually when I get home I have time to look at some charts and get orders placed.

But then move right into my othet work and really just not a desire at the moment to post live. I’m also thinking about shifting to indices only. But we shall see.

i gotcha brother, no worries. figured you’ve been busy as hell… man, the range on these Indices have been sick. gotta love the volatility! Indexes make you so much on a trend day

1 Like

Hi @Alg626, Thanks for all your posts. I’ve spent the last couple of days reading your thread and reviewing your strategy. Very impressive. Over the past six months or so I’ve worked to develop my own strategy and it seems that, with every iteration, I’ve actually come closer and closer to doing what you already figured out years ago. Go figure! As you can imagine, your posts have been hugely helpful because they are allowing me to refine the process that I’ve been working on. I guess that’s just a long way of me saying, “Thank you.”

Quick question about the backtesting data that you posted: Did you manually test this, or do you have some script in TradingView that ran these back tests for you?

Similar question about your charts: Do you manually tag the set-ups, or have you programmed TradingView to do it automatically?

2 Likes

All my backtesting is done manually. As in I replay the charts back and go through the candlesticks one by one. Then when I see a set up I enter and see how it plays out and record it whether it’s a win or lost. I do it that way so I can’t see what the price is going to do before I enter(as in real life) and it skew my train of thought.

I also manually enter and exit my trades. I don’t run any kind of algo or script to tell me when to enter and exit. I have tried different programs for that but can very seem to be very comfortable with them.

Happy to hear our journey’s have helped each other. Good luck moving forward.

2 Likes

Thanks, man. Really appreciate you.

B

bro, im in love with putting in sell stops and buy stops before i go to bed lol. i love waking up to profits lol. i keep the targets close those, just looking for singles on them. great way to take out the emotions too, haha. emotion-free trading when you’re asleep is great :slight_smile:

1 Like

For real :joy: :joy:

Thanks Alg626
You are the best

literally every night before i go to bed now im like, okay, are there any setups that can make me money in the middle of the night lol

1 Like

Hi guys! I’m new to forex with a few months of experience. Currently, I’m practicing on a demo account. So, on 02 Feb '22 (UTC+8) I took a short position on AUDCAD. The trade didn’t go as I expected, SL was triggered (Entry and SL were a few pips below the low and above the high).

Reason for entry:
A bearish engulfing bar on the daily resistance and an overall downtrend movement.

Why I think it failed?
It might be because of the recent bullish momentum and I was fighting against it. I also think that I marked the daily support and resistance not on the key levels.

While I know that there is nothing certain in trading, I just want to get you guys perspectives on why this trade failed. Thank you!

1 Like

Still posting about your strat? How’s it going?

Hi all,

Just thought I would post a little trade idea some might be interested in. I’ve been following this thread as well as the other by Jonathon Fox and thought I would chime in. Feel free to comment as I’m learning as well.

AUD/CAD is in a long-term downtrend and appears to be testing support turned resistance with a newly formed pin bar on the daily chart. I’m placing a sell stop a few pips below the low of the pin, stop loss at the high of the pin bar and target will be the recent lows at 0.89060 for a 2.5:1 RR.

I understand this thread prefers a pin bar to close within the range of the previous candle but just thought I would post this anyway for a bit of a discussion if nothing else.

Any opinions?

Hi,

If you look at the 4HR chart there is a short-term uptrend and it has broken a good resistance area. I think I would enter a long position if there is a pullback and good price action at 0.90600 and exit at 0.91300 before entering a short position on the daily chart. I’m still learning and I might be wrong here. I would love to hear your opinions.

Attempt at a 4HR trade.
USDCAD.
Seems to be on the edge of a range.
Seems to be a Lower High, and forming tight / small bars.
Breakout?
If to the downside, I have marked an area for profit taking.

Hey thanks for the reply. I think your setup was perfectly logical on the 4 hour timeframe and it clearly made a good move up today so maybe some pips could have been bagged! In general though from what i’ve read, the levels on the daily timeframe hold more weight than the levels on the lower timeframes. Looks like price formed an even bigger pin bar today! Second time lucky :slight_smile:

Hello trading crazy men :)))
I have 2 out of many trade setups here, anyone interested please join me!!!
EURUSD

GBPCHF

USDJPY:

Hey guys! I found a setup on the GBPJPY 4HR chart. A 2 bar reversal has formed on the 4HR support area along with the recent uptrend movement.

I have a different idea on the USDJPY pair. I think the pair is still in an uptrend and it might not be a good idea to fight against the trend. You can see my setup below. I might be wrong here. What do you think?