My Price Action with Daily Candles and discipline

Best of luck to you, it can happen to many others and has done! Stay strict and I’ve been caught out trying to get the reversals when trading against the trend and as you say falling knives. Big lesson but you sound humbled by it and still determined to continue on, great traits to have and own.
Enjoy the journey and wish you all the best!

3 Likes

Hi @Gopixus87. I am sorry for your story… I would suggest to take a read (if you have not already done) at Dr. Elder- Trading for a living. He has this vision: Everyday a new day and a day that I will grab some pips. He says that if you repeat your moto everyday before starting you will be more motivated and disciplined. Hope it helps :smile:

1 Like

Sorry about your story! Hope things go well
In the future.

1 Like

Ok. First setup on my favourite cable.

Lock some profit on 1R.

Not very good point to set stop loss. Still warming up with volume and strategy. Profit is a profit so this was a good trade.

#1 trade closed
GBPUSD
Buy 0.01
Pips 26.8
Profit 10.13
+0.97%
RR: 1:0

This pin bar candle is still valid so now i go long with min volume.

After trade:
SL level hit.

#2 trade closed
GBPUSD
Buy 0.01
Pips -54
Profit -20.12
-2.01%
RR: -1:0

Another pin bar. Profit potential is 2R or more so, i will hold till TP on 2R or just lose my 1R. I don’t move sl.

edit.
1R reach :slight_smile: After weekend undoubtedly we will see some gap on chart.

I have some thoughts about my strategy. The above was tested a few times, though not fully, but it was. I noticed that I recorded the most profit and progression when I played differently. These were often intuitive movements at smaller intervals (15M, 30M, 1H) which were either profitable or quite quickly and consistently closed when they brought a loss. But one of the biggest disadvantage of this strategy is that you must observe the market during all day. In my current job, it is not always possible.

I will probably change strategy after that current trade. This other strategy is difficult to determine but effective.

:thinking:
story

Look at this chart, based on this strategy and the last trade (briefly described in my 1st post).

No. I stay with this current strategy. If i want to do it with more professional level i need more stability. The chart below show my current strategy by trade and % of return.

2R profit HIT on 1.3259
trades
Another one trade still open (current on 1R profit). Good day.

Trades list since the new strategy. The most important for me is that i don’t risk and lose more than 2%. I have peace of the soul for this reason :cowboy_hat_face:
tradeslist

I deposited more money to my account and simultaneously increase standard position size. Still max SL per 1 trade is 2%.
Position size rule is:
1 microlot for ~ 260$ (1000 in my national currency)

I should change the topic of my journal to “Freestyle PA strategy but with 1 constant rule”. This rule is 2% max loss per trade.

Typical fake sell signal on gbpusd on 1h
Screenshot_1

Hello G, there are no tradable gaps in spot currency and volume is not true volume, just directional ticks.

The Ever Informative VIPER

hello @Gopixus87… nice tat you decided to have a journal within the community here, usually that helps if one sticks with it… hope to see you around for a long while buddy and good luck with your trading.

Hassan Lawal
Nigeria

@macilme Thanks for good word.

My favorite pair trading is like rollercoaster ride because of Brexit. I still above 0 but for now the most important is that I don’t risk too much - I am calm. Below the current chart of my trading:

1 Like

I and my trading account experienced overtrading and lack of discipline :frowning: .

My plan is simple:

• 20 trades
  • SL $20 / TP $30
  • 4H,1D pin bar setups

If after 20 trades I will reach profit, then I will repeat current plan with more lots.
If not - I will quit trading because my psyche can’t stand it…

UPDATE
Sorry, only 1D pin bars because durring day i’am in work and my boss don’t like me looking at smartphone with mt4.

Sell signal failed. Waiting for another one.

1 loss -$20

Another setup but… is middle of “action zone” so in my opinion this is not high quality buy setup but I will try it.

GBP/$
BUY @ 1.3010
SL 1.2960

2 loss -$20