My technical 'HyperTrend' strategy journal

dude, out of curiosity, how many winners that pound yen short loss erased?
i see ur targettin few pips compared to what ur risking, and that indicator is deceiving most of the times in my opinion.
just looking at ur chart using only price action, they bought the crap out of it on the lows, and this might be just a short pulllback to a fib let s say and continue up. so make sure to not keep the trade open for 2 long. anyways, wish u a lot of luck with this way of trading, u gonna need it.that s a bear trap.just checked my charts, i d suggest u close it if ur trading real money…i m not trying to be a jerk, i just know how much of a toll big losses can have on u.

Yeah thanks man, appreciate the sentiment, it’s closed now but the point was that the entire trade was c0ck up from the start; I never intended to trade at all. Sounds ridiculous but it was an old entry order I must’ve put on days previous which I’d forgotten about. I’d never have taken the trade based on the chart we can now see.
The lesson is cancel straight out of something which isn’t in line with my strategy - esp fk ups like that one :joy:
Anyway, my account t is still at +6% and next week we go again. I’d rather make that mistake now with a small account and learn than in 6months when it would really hurt.
Hope you’ve had a more positive week than I anyway @1odi :+1:

dude, my advice if ur paper trading, is to start with a balance that u plan to trade in real, and trade that like real money, with the lot sizes tha u d trade in real. see how much u can grow ur account doing the same thing over and over, being ripetitive is the key of consistency. ofc repeat something that works. as for the wide stops and small targets, i really don t like that way of trading for reasons i ve already explained i think in another thread, but if this is how u make money, who am i to say any different…so keep at it, record all ur trades, write down the reasons why ur taking them, the results just so u can go back and see where it didn t worked and why etc…i know it seems rubish but it s what all should do, but most don t, so they keep repeating same mistakes time and time again expecting different results. anyways, whatever works for u bud. cheers

Currency Pair: CAD/JPY
Long/Short: SHORT
Pips Gained/Lost: :smile:
Trade 1: +25 pips
Trade 2: 0 SL
Comments:

Currency Pair: CHF/JPY
Pips Gained/Lost::+1:
Comments:

Currency Pair: EUR/USD
Pips Gained/Lost: :yum:
Trade 1: +40pips
Trade 2: +51 pips
Comments:

1 Like

@1odi its a real account, not demo, I demo’ed for 6mnths, learned loads and decided to fund a small account to keep things interesting and to get the ‘real money’ psychology’ out the way.
I’m using this forum as my journal which has definitely helped. Hence why I’m really happy that I’m profitable and will consider upping my account balance if and when I’m confident I’m consistently profitable. I can even absolrb the odd big hit and live to fight another day :wink:
So far so good :slight_smile:

1 Like

nice, then good luck to u

1 Like

Currency Pair: AUD/CHF
Pips Gained/Lost::yum:
Trade 1: +40 pips
Trade 2: +25 pips
Comments:
As per my previous AUD/CHF trade a few entries above this in my journal, having taken profit on the initial move I decided to place an entry order hoping to catch a continuation. Let’s see if there’s enough steam to get this over the T1 finish line…

Currency Pair: GBP/USD
Pips Gained/Lost: :smile:
Trade 1: +25 Pips
Comments: Lots of news and economic pressures with Brexit and US trade war - couldn’t resist the chart though. Fingers crossed…

EDIT: Manually closed T1 for profit as high risk news due later. Moved T2 SL to entry for a zero risk punt…

EDIT: wise move - T2 reversed on volatility.

Currency Pair: GBP/CAD
Pips Gained/Lost: :sunglasses:
Trade 1: +50 pips
Comments: Again, a risky one considering the Oil situation and Brexit… Same rules apply, room to move on the W1 and price action at structure confluence…

Pips Gained/Lost::+1:
Trade 1: +25
Comments:

Currency Pair: USD/CAD
Trade 1: +17 pips
Comments:
This is an entry order set two days ago ( on Sunday as usual :slight_smile:) price action looks good. My only concern is the volatility seeing as USD news due later. I’ll have to keep an eye on it, structure looks good though so fingers crossed.

EDIT: This hasn’t really done much, took a little off for T1 and will go now for the risk free T2.

1 Like

Currency Pair: GBP/USD
Pips Gained/Lost: :money_mouth_face:
Trade 1: +75 pips
Comments: I don’t usually trade the news - but with the Brexit chaos, I couldn’t resist this one…

EDIT: having closed this to bag the pips I re-entered based on live price action and bagged another 30 pips at naughtily high £/pip :grimacing:

That’s last weeks loss cancelled out and and overall ~14% account gain since the beginning of August.
73 trades, 83% success rate.
Cannot wait to see if I can keep this up until Christmas!

EDIT: I’ve gone back in on GBP/USD
Pips Gained/Lost: :money_mouth_face:
Trade 2: +25 pips
Trade 3: +85 pips

Account gain is 17.8% after that lot with T3 still in play - USD news out tomorrow so monitoring closely. That’s also why I’ve cashed in on T2 at this point, 24hrs before…

Currency Pair: AUD/JPY
Pips Gained/Lost: :grimacing:
Trade 1: +26 pips
Trade 2: TBC
Comments:

Currency Pair: GBP/CHF
Trade 1: +30 pips
Trade 2: +36 pips
Comments:

:heart: this, thanks everyone!

2 Likes

Currency Pair: NZD/JPY
Trade 2: +12 pips
Comments:
Manual close due to price action.

Trade 1: +40 pips
Trade 2: +48 pips
Comments:

EDIT: T2 closed on price action suggestion of a reversal.

Currency Pair: AUD/CHF
Pips Gained/Lost:
Trade 1: -55pips
Trade 2: -55pips SL
Comments:

EDIT: this looks like a stop hunt that my SL wasn’t wide enough to avoid, annoying. However I have reentered so hopefully I can claw some profit back on this as it turns in what would have been my favour. Let’s see…

EDIT: Seems to be working; profited +30 pips the following morning with the T2 still running. :sweat_smile: phew!