My Trading Log

Nothing interesting on the charts tonight.

Still keeping the EURGBP pending though.

Today EURGBP has been continuing up, away from my pending short. Last weeks high is now being threatened and if violated I’ll be removing my pending.

Just a little while ago Silver, which I mentioned as looking interesting some posts ago, made a real nose-dive and if it closes anything like it is now, I’ll have to think seriously about a position.

Hey o990l6mh,

I remember you posting about using volume in your trading and how that affected your results. Are you still using it? I’d like to know your experience about that.

Thanks!

No, you’re right. Only what’s in the quotes tab under user prefs. They offer more pairs than most brokers but that’s still something I’d like to see improved.

GFT seems unbeatable more or less on number of instruments offered. I’m still thinking… Maybe something for next year.

It’s quite late here now. I’ll try to answer tomorrow.

I wonder if the Borg of Star Trek would make good traders? You know - “Resistance is futile” :smiley:

All righty.

EURGBP weekly pin is so far still valid, pending order stands.

I’m adding another pending order to short Silver (XAGUSD) at 16.80 with a SL at 17.65 and 2% risk.

Notice we have a lower low and perhaps we’re forming the lower high right now. In any case price seems to shy away from the 17.50 PPZ. This could be a runner but I expect it to at least reach 16.00

Chart:

Usual disclaimer about following me at your own peril :smiley:

I feel especially stupid having just recently said to Matt that I’ve never experienced any meaningful discrepancy between Oanda and FXPro price feeds.

Well, today my Silver short was filled on my FXPro demo at exactly 16.80 while on Oanda price bottomed at 16.8170 which means my order hasn’t triggered on my live account.

Perhaps the feed on silver and gold is more prone to discrepancies between brokers than fx pairs? Let’s hope this was an isolated event. :mad:

I know you been after Mr Kruger for his manipulation of positions he is posting.I agree with your assessment of him.I do use the charts on that board and now iam a little wary of it.Two hours into the asian session i popped up last weeks 1 hour chart and looked EUR/GBP from last week.The 1 hour shows a spike down to .9043 area on friday about 4pm New York time.Switching to the 30 min and 15 min timeframes it show two spikes 5 hours apart from each other, a double bottom.This is not showng on the 1 hr time frame.:eek:

Matt i have kept a eye on the line from last November that you spoke of on your thread.After 6 weeks of bullishness it is finally showing weakness.Coffee Babe:D on the front blog thinks the the bank might step in any day now.

On a side note my co - worker is practicing way one week trading with each indicator.Iam trying to draw him over here to the dark side:p.He is firing me off e-mails with charts of the dailys.The first one was on the 4th and it was the daily of the one you posted Magnus EUR/GBP with a different outlook He was bullish.His reasoning from what i could comprehend was the break of the channel the last few months and a reverse head shoulders breakout,the pin bar he slapped a fibbo on it and hoped for retracement below .9000 which he got is target is .9200.Good trading guys this week!!!:slight_smile:

Matt this was your comment on Febuary 16 th:
USD/CHF has certainly consolidated today, as has much of the market. It is a little over extended and I wouldn’t be surprised to see a retrace towards the 10,500 level. Indeed the inside bar could be traded for a breakout to the south with that as a target. I’ve not chosen to trade it as for me it doesn’t sit on a major trend-line or big round number or S+R which is where I look for my favourite setups - but this could well turn out nice.

Then you said for kicks draw a trend line from november 3rd highs December 17 highs for support underneath my trade.From that November 3rd high i extended out to early Febuary high and gave great resistense with the 1.0800 as that round number thru the whole month.Made some pips on both sides.:slight_smile:

What great timing you have! I was just thinking this morning that I’ve had a bit of a quiet patch, and coupled with a week that I couldn’t trade, profits have been unusually low, but I had a saying in my head ‘Every Dog Has His Day’, and I cast my mind back to the roller-coaster rides of 50% profit a week followed by losses then profits etc etc. and thought all that’s happened is that it’s been quiet, other people will be in the same boat, and others will have been having a great time.

So I guess it’s Ohoi there Sailor, and wait for the quiet winds to pass, there’s nothing we can do to change them. ( I hate analogies :()

Haven’t forgotten about your question!

I’ll get to it this week hopefully. Sorry about the delay.

I think you probably got the pip value wrong.

If price is 1000.000 then a 200 pip SL would be at 1002.000.

According to Oandas way of figuring things your SL should be 2130 pips, not 213.

The distance from your entry to your TP is 2240 pips with Oanda math. I’m guessing you risked 25% and closed for about 1R increasing your demo by roughly 25%.

Now, that’s ok if you promise to only do it on the winning trades :smiley:

So far your colleague seems to be a better trader than me. :wink:

However, it ain’t over until the obese lady burps… or how it goes? :smiley:

Nicely done!

Sort of wish I had put on a short order on that pair myself but I guess I found there was a bit too much traffic. Oh well.

Tonight I’ve been busy with not enough time for the charts.

EURJPY and GBPJPY look kind of interesting, but no trades. I avoid placing orders in a haste.

Both pairs will probably plummet tomorrow… :stuck_out_tongue:

No problem at all! I don’t even find myself with time to catch up with the forum and my own trading matters, so I totally understand. No rush here.

Thanks for the follow up of my question.

You may find it helpful to put a default stop loss and a default take profit in the configuration, Oanda is great for this, you can do different settings for different currencies, then as soon as you put a trade on, you’ll get a red line for Sl and green for TP, and you can move these with your cursor on the chart.

No profit yet for my co-worker(.9200). I personally have gone back live on Jan 26th, I posted on Matt thread i was reverting to longer timeframes with mixed results.Iam profitable about 3 percent as of this typing but the set it and forget strategy as not worked for me on overnight trades.If i take those out iam up over 5 1/2 percent.My hours have changed at work and the first 2 days of trading are open for me now.I dont know how Matt is doing this year but from your thread i think your the bread winner around here.:smiley: One thing i have noticed is the newbies on these threads that have stuck it out since last year are all starting to turn the corner.:slight_smile:

More like bread crum winner :smiley:

I think you’re right that most of the stubborn ones find their way eventually. So far I’m looking at a 0% March as there’s been no trade for me yet. (Except for on my FXPro demo then…)

EURGBP might be turning around towards my pending entry but Silver seems to have misunderstood my instructions. :smiley: I’m not removing the pending just yet though.