Need Advice on Trading Stocks and Indexes

Hi Guys

What is your take on trading Stocks and Indexes.

Do you have any advise?

Happy Trading

Keep it simple

Hahahaha what does that mean,

Can be anything.

Asked a generic question, so a simple answer , which is the best advise a trader can give

@hbleroux

I like indexes more than forex. Firstly I prefer long to short and indexes have a long side bias.

But they also have less intraday volatility meaning IMO is not as easy to be shaken out of a position because of poor trading psychology.

In my experience if an index trade is going to make money it won’t test the breakout level nearly as much as with FX.

In Fx you can have a trade that tests your entry all day - this can be testing (no pun intended) for the newbie.

I will say though that this is only my observation I have not facts to back it up.

2 Likes

Only trade indices long.

If indices are not moving in established consistent uptrends, trade forex.

Don’t trade stocks.

1 Like

Hi Johnscott31

Thank you for the advise , I know indexes or company tend to grow , so to go Long will be good , but in this tough times , to go short will work a lot with us here in South Africa , unfortunately we are in lock-down for 68 days already , some companies struggle and some are on their way back up.
But Thank you and have a nice day.

Thank you i will definitely keep that in mind.

In these time it is not so simple to go long or short , never know what happens with lockdown and the Corona.

Have a nice day