Need assistance

Good day sir.
I wish to know how to filter the fakeout or speck setup in forex trading

1 Like

Lots of Youtube clips on fake-outs (or false break-outs).

but I’ve never heard of a speck set-up. Where did this idea come from?

Not speck set up but I mean to filter a profitable trades from fake set up trades

Best way to learn from ones own experience, on Demo

What’s this mean?

Hello @Ayobolaj,

This section of the School of Pipsology may be helpful to you.

Thanks,

Pipzilla :coffee:

Good day. please, how can one filter out the fake trades from profitable ones?

demo is really good , there is no way to deny but i have seen the result we get from demo account actually not works in a real account . so traders lost interest from demo.

I agree , You mention that and some on here,beg to differ . Obviously demo useful for testing strategies ect

Fake breakout is when liquidity is purged and price reverts. Interbank traders (biggest players) have counter partiers (large players). At at bullish break the counter parties buy, who the interbank traders sell from. Hence a fake break out.

A real break more likely happens when it is line with the institutional order flow.

1 Like

Have you used the search function for the forums?
option 1
option 2
option 3
option 4

Also, Pipsology explains fakeouts. Have you completed Pipsology?

1 Like

Check out Youtube. I’m sure you will find something.

Ah search. So many hidden gems. Just need to find them.

1 Like

You’re asking the wrong question.

You cannot “filter” a real fakeout from a failed one. The only thing you can do is look at your Risk when you take the trade, and look if your target is far enough for the risk to be worth It.

Then keep a journal for your strategy, and see if trading “possible” fakeouts can be profitable for you. Journaling Will help you understand if your Risk reward ratio is ok… or if you need to adjust It.

If It doesn’t fit the strategy… dont take the trade

1 Like

You mean taking into account a possible fakeout, but then price going back into the direction of the trade?

how to filter the fakeout ?

you don’t get to.